GUILTY NC - 2nd Lt. Holley Wimunc, 24, Fayetteville, 10 July 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
While this was a well written post and your point was taken, it didn't address the issue. Granted, a RO isn't worth the paper it is written on as long as no protection is offered to the victim.

In a military setting, you have people trained to handle situations to protect themselves and their fellow troops. You also have the aspect of them being trained to kill. I believe this is why the Military needs to step in to offer protection on a larger scale. The average person in a domestic dispute does not have such training and it escalates the risk to the Military spouse/partner. They have a larger responsibility to control their troops after they know there could be an issue of violence, imo.

I certainly understand what you are saying SS but even if they are in the military they have the same constitutional rights as we all do. Their judicial laws and how to contain their people are very similar to the guidelines adhered to in our society concerning MPO vs. RO which is very lacking, I agree, in both sectors.

Most are not trained to kill. They may go through basic training learning methods of protection against a faux enemy there but many of them have MOSs that have nothing to do with actually fighting in battles..most of the ones in that MOS are called Grunts. They can be in admin., accounting, medical, mechanics, supply clerks, water control, electricians, or many other fields.

When these crimes occur in the military I do not find their methods any different than the regular Joe Schmoe who does the same dastardly deeds.

imoo

What never ceases to amaze me is when some sick commits a crime like murder or any kind of violence they get someone to help them. "Lets go kill somebody"....... "Oh OK that's sounds like a good idea".
Just getting my friends to agree on where we will eat can be a challenge.

I think we just have too many parents raising their boys to be irresponsible, selfish abusers. They make excuses for them all their lives when they pick on other kids, break rules at school, get in trouble with the law, etc., as if that is "normal" boy behavior, then stand by them 100% when they murder a woman.

Susan

What never ceases to amaze me is when some sick commits a crime like murder or any kind of violence they get someone to help them. "Lets go kill somebody"....... "Oh OK that's sounds like a good idea".
Just getting my friends to agree on where we will eat can be a challenge.

Probably promised him a case of beer, too.:rolleyes:

So aren't you issued weapons and trained to use them in basic training? Do the Marines have other training methods than the Army? I am trying to understand as I am not familiar with what actually takes place at boot camps. It is my understanding the Military in general will take a boy/girl...break him/her completely down then rebuild him/her to fit their mold of a "soldier". Am I mistaken?

I have known several men who came out of the Marines and were very abusive to not only women, but other men. They liked to fight and their tempers were like a cannon waiting to explode. From where I came from, we were always saddened when one of our friends decided on joining the Marines. They never came back as the person they once were and it was never a good thing.

Holley's father told MSNBC news that the burned remains were his daughter's. :(
Live news conference on MSNBC.

While this was a well written post and your point was taken, it didn't address the issue. Granted, a RO isn't worth the paper it is written on as long as no protection is offered to the victim.

In a military setting, you have people trained to handle situations to protect themselves and their fellow troops. You also have the aspect of them being trained to kill. I believe this is why the Military needs to step in to offer protection on a larger scale. The average person in a domestic dispute does not have such training and it escalates the risk to the Military spouse/partner. They have a larger responsibility to control their troops after they know there could be an issue of violence, imo.

LOL... Many enlisted and officers literally touch guns maybe twice a year to qualify. That's it. There's a much larger operation than those who are "trained to kill".

So aren't you issued weapons and trained to use them in basic training? Do the Marines have other training methods than the Army? I am trying to understand as I am not familiar with what actually takes place at boot camps. It is my understanding the Military in general will take a boy/girl...break him/her completely down then rebuild him/her to fit their mold of a "soldier". Am I mistaken?

I have known several men who came out of the Marines and were very abusive to not only women, but other men. They liked to fight and their tempers were like a cannon waiting to explode. From where I came from, we were always saddened when one of our friends decided on joining the Marines. They never came back as the person they once were and it was never a good thing.

Kind of a broad brush you're using, isn't it?

Now they know their husband is not only abusive but an abusive murderer:furious:!

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3196816/
Marine's parents: Claims of violence against wife 'unfounded'

3194790-1215919128-220x165.jpg

Posted: Jul. 12, 2008
The family of a Camp Lejeune Marine defended him against speculation that he might be involved in the disappearance of his estranged wife, an Army officer based at Fort Bragg.
"We stand behind our son 100 percent," Florian and Lana Wimunc said in a statement released Saturday. (Read the Wimunc's full statement.)

Kind of a broad brush you're using, isn't it?
Out of the ones who did go into the Marines...it was across the board. I don't know how else to explain it. The men who joined the Army had problems depending on where they ended up, but not like the Marines did when they came back.

This article was just updated tonight ~

Camp Lejeune Marine Charged with Murder

Another set of charred remains were found last night in Onslow County.
Authorities believe they are those of Fort Bragg soldier, Holly Wimunc.

Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown would not go into detail, but said items found around the body led investigators to believe it was Wimunc.

Today investigators including the SBI and Fayetteville Police worked to uncover more clues from the area of Sneads Ferry where a charred body was found around 5:00 p.m. yesterday.

The remains were found by Onslow County emergency crews responding to a call about a brush fire, about a mile and a half off of Old Folkstone Road in Snead's Ferry.

Sheriff Brown said that it didn't appear the fire was started Sunday, and that it may have been burning for a few days before the body was recovered.

People who live nearby were shocked to hear of the discovery.

Resident Lieseotte Massey said, "…never thinking in a million years honey that it would be right down the street from my house, neither one of us. You know you don't ever think of that because this is still a pretty safe place to live."

Holly Wimunc was a soldier at Fort Bragg. She has been missing since last week. Co-workers discovered a fire in her Fayetteville apartment on Thursday.

She and her husband John, a Marine stationed at Camp Lejeune, were going through a divorce.

John Wimunc was questioned after that fire, and was eventually charged with arson.

Today, he was also charged with first degree murder.

Another Marine, Kyle Aldon, is also charged with arson in connection with this case. Today he was charged with being an accomplice to murder.
Both men are scheduled to be in court tomorrow.

more at: http://www.wwaytv3.com/node/9031

Well I was wrong about this one. I had figured it for an abduction to allow him to try to get her to agree to reconcile, then killing her when she didn't agree. I thought that was why the delay on the burning of the apartment.

But it must have been that he killed her and transported her to the county where she was found. Then after talking to the other guy, realizing that he may have left evidence and that he needed to mask her identity and going back to the apartment and setting it on fire.

Anybody know what Alden's criminal history looks like?

I may have missed discussion about this already, but I was listening to the 911 calls this morning from when the fire was reported and then from when the fire dept reported finding the body.

I am from Jacksonville and live here now. I'm apalled by the comments made by our local LE. When the dispatcher calls LE to relay the info from the fire dept, the deputy responds with "Cool".

Maybe it's just me, but these guys need some sensitivity training.

I may have missed discussion about this already, but I was listening to the 911 calls this morning from when the fire was reported and then from when the fire dept reported finding the body.

I am from Jacksonville and live here now. I'm apalled by the comments made by our local LE. When the dispatcher calls LE to relay the info from the fire dept, the deputy responds with "Cool".

Hi :)

There has not been a great deal of discussion about Holley's case, yet.

Do you have a link to the calls? TIA if you do! :)

Sure, the calls are at www.jdnews.com

There are about 6 different stories on there about this case since it happened in Onslow County.

Her body was dismembered and there were knives and hatchets found in the pit with her remains. They were talking about the similarities between this case and the Lauterbach case and once again, Brown has spoken without class and without regards to the feelings of the people involved. (If you watch his press conferences, you'll notice how he puts details out about the hands found in both cases)

The guys arrested are Marines here at Camp Lejeune. Alden's mother is claiming that her son had nothing to do with it, and that he was just giving a friend a ride to Fayetteville (which is about an hour from Jacksonville). But, in the interview with Alden, he told deputies that he and Wimuc were the men seen running from her apartment.

That comment didn't sit right with me either. I realize these people deal with emergencies of all sorts but one should always always always be thinking of the possibility of the call being played out in court for everyone to hear. The victims family is dealing with the murder of their daughter...they should not have to hear comments like that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back