GUILTY NC - 2nd Lt. Holley Wimunc, 24, Fayetteville, 10 July 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He was too busy at the laundrymat washing gasoline off his clothes.
Really? I thought he was grabbing his English to Spanish translation book and hopping a bus for Guadalajara, Mexico! :eek: I hear the death penalty for Camp LeJeuene troops is off the table once you slither into Mexico.

Lindell Kay who hosts 'Off the Cuff' spoke with the DA late this evening and he stated that he felt it was Holley. This was quoted at his blog site.
Also, there is an article at jdnews.com.
SHE WAS CHARRED AND MUTILATED! Sick, sick man. May he rot in h-ll! The ex-husband is so stupid! Anyone who saw his MySpace and also knew of the problems he had caused could reasonably think it was him.

:mad:

I wonder where this ex-husband is right now? I hope he is still there at Camp LeJuene and not fled the area, and being watched. Do you think that as long as Holley was missing, he would be told not to leave the area?

Really? I thought he was grabbing his English to Spanish translation book and hopping a bus for Guadalajara, Mexico! :eek: I hear the death penalty for Camp LeJeuene troops is off the table once you slither into Mexico.

Ugh, you are correct! Let's see, how much of a head start does this one have?

Remains found near Lejeune may be missing soldier

Investigators suspect they have found the charred remains of Army 2nd Lt. Holley Lynn Wimunc, a Fort Bragg nurse who has been missing since Thursday, Onslow County District Attorney Dewey Hudson said Sunday night.

Forestry officials workers fighting a brush fire in the Sneads Ferry area of Onslow County found a body in a shallow grave late Sunday afternoon, Hudson said. The site is near the southern border of Camp Lejeune Marine Base, where Holley Wimunc’s estranged husband, Marine Cpl. John Patrick Wimunc, is based.

“There was physical evidence that indicated the body had been there for a substantial period of time,” Hudson said.

~snip~

The Jacksonville Daily News, citing unnamed sources, reported Sunday that investigators found “bladed weapons” near the body and that it was mutilated.

~snip~

After learning late Sunday of the body near Camp Lejeune, Lana said she tried unsuccessfully to reach John to talk to him about it.

“I pray to god it’s not Holley,” she said.

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=299153 (Bolded by me)

Gee...I wonder why she can't reach him?! His biggest supporter n all...looks like he would return her calls or answer.

A shallow grave wouldn't ordinarily be found during a fire- firemen are too busy putting out the fire. Unless they knew where to look. Also LE already saying there may be more than one arrest. And LE is already saying they have reason to believe it is Holley, even before the remains are formally identified.

Someone is talking. It is likely they haven't been able to get hold of John because he is at the police station.

Ugh, you are correct! Let's see, how much of a head start does this one have?
I would say he might have already had enough of a head start to get there by now. He could talk to his mommy while on the move so we couldn't tell by that. Sheriff Ed Brown knows the drill tho...call in the military, call in the Feds, call Interpol, and let Sullivan know they have another trip to Mexico coming up so he better pack his plans for a DP case away.

It would be MOST interesting to find out if this guy knows either one of the Laureans...wouldn't it?

i also think that holly was a stepmom for 2 children while she was married to john wimunc as these children belong to john wimunc from a previous marriage or relationship thats why they might be confusion in this area and would explain the reason she never added this to her myspace profile while he did on his myspace profile.

According to media Holley had two kids from a previous relationship.
http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=299116

You know, any one of these 3 's that murdered these women would just absolutely s--t and pass out if they thought someone was going to murder them in the same way! They would cry like babies and beg for their lives. These are cowards.
Lethal injection is too good for these slimeballs. I say bring back old Sparky!!

***These 3 are not representative of our military men. These are the exceptions that never should have been in the military to begin with. IMO

I find it ironic that John is at Camp LeJeune where Cesar Laurean was before he burned Maria.

Remains might be missing soldier

07/14/2008 06:28 AM

By: Associated Press

http://images.news14.com/media/2008/...wimunc_pic.jpg Army 2nd Lt. Holley Wimunc has been missing since Thursday

JACKSONVILLE, N.C. -- Onslow County District Attorney Dewey Hudson says burned remains found near Camp Lejeune may be those of a missing officer at Fort Bragg.
Division of Forest Resources personnel found the burned remains of a woman late Sunday afternoon in the Sneads Ferry area near Camp Lejeune. Sheriff Ed Brown says the fire appears to have been set to cover up a crime.

Army 2nd Lt. Holley Wimunc has been missing since Thursday after a fire was set at her apartment in Fayetteville. She is a nurse married to Marine Cpl. John Patrick Wimunc, based at Camp Lejeune. The couple is going through a divorce.

Hudson says the body was burned before the brush fire. Brown says the site was guarded overnight and forensic experts with the FBI would remove the remains Monday.

Fayetteville police questioned Cpl. Wimunc last week.

Full statement from her father:
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3201023/
A statement from Jesse James, father of Holley Wimunc:

"It is with profound sadness that our family just received the news from authorities that our beloved daughter Holley is dead. Since last Thursday's shocking news about Holley's burned apartment and her missing person status, our family through the country has nonetheless been holding on to a thin thread of hope that she would be found alive.
Today, that thread of hope broke as her body was discovered.
Holley was a pround St. Ambrose University graduate, excited about both her chosen field of nursing and her career in the U.S. Army.
She was an even more proud mother of her wonderful son and daughter whose activities and personalities never failed to give her joy.
At the end of this journey of sadness, we wish to thank the many, many people who have assisted us so quickly and competently in the search. We are grateful to those people in Dubuque, Iowa, at the University of Dubuque, and others around the country for their prayers for her safe return. Those prayers and support will help us to make it through this impossibly tough time."

Thanks for the links, concerned and taxi!

What a sad outcome! :(

Why, this time?? :confused:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3200960

Husband of dead Fort Bragg nurse charged with arson

3194790-1215919128-220x165.jpg

Posted: Today at 7:04 a.m.
Updated: 1 minute ago
Sneads Ferry, N.C. — Authorities have charged the husband of a dead Fort Bragg nurse with first-degree arson for setting the couple's apartment on fire.
John Wimunc was being held in the Cumberland County Jail.

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=299160

Police have charged the husband of a missing soldier and a second person with first-degree arson.
John Patrick Wimunc, 23, and Kyle Ryan Alden, 22, both Marines stationed at Camp Lejeune, were arrested overnight and are in the Cumberland County Detention Center.
The arrests came after the discovery of a charred body in woods near Camp Lejeune on Sunday. While authorities have not officially confirmed that the body is that of Army 2nd Lt. Holley Lynn James Wimunc, but her father released a statement this morning saying that it is his daughter. (more at link)

It's odd that John went back to the apartment and the gravesite after the fact to set fires.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missinginfo541
Back