NC NC - Abby Patterson, 20, Lumberton, 5 Sept 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I found it rather frustrating that a poster became upset and denied the fact that she had a past with drugs. On her FB AP mentions being clean etc, so we know that she did at one time struggle with addiction. I don’t think that to admit that is “not victim friendly” in the least and to be able to find someone or understand a case, all info needs to be available. As someone who is sober, I don’t see it as bad mouthing a person when you say that they had a past history of drug use. While I understand wanting to protect her or not “besmirch” her name, I don’t understand denying it when finding her is at stake. And I think in this case it’s terribly important as she went missing in an area known for drugs. Sadly I think it’s highly probable that she either relapsed and OD’d, or more unlikely relapsed and just hasnt wanted to be found...it’s been too long for her to not reach out to someone, unless she is being physically restrained from doing so. I know that the occasions of girls being kidnapped and sold/forced into sex trafficking is considered by some to be more of an “American myth” than a reality, but do we know any stats about that in the area? MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Typically I’m a silent individual on here. First and foremost, I have loved this site since I stumbled acrossed it years ago on a quest to find a decent missing person cases site where I could read late at night when I have my insomnia fits.

Anyway... I just wanted to say I wholeheartedly agree with Beth11311. There’s a Facebook post from February 2017 where AP says she’s “5 months clean”. And also throughout posts there’s family and friends praising her for turning her life around. IMO, the denial will hinder the process more than anything. I truly hope and pray that she is found soon.

Welcome to Websleuths @notindiana_ :D

Hi all,

Typically I’m a silent individual on here. First and foremost, I have loved this site since I stumbled acrossed it years ago on a quest to find a decent missing person cases site where I could read late at night when I have my insomnia fits.

Anyway... I just wanted to say I wholeheartedly agree with Beth11311. There’s a Facebook post from February 2017 where AP says she’s “5 months clean”. And also throughout posts there’s family and friends praising her for turning her life around. IMO, the denial will hinder the process more than anything. I truly hope and pray that she is found soon.

Hi all,

Agree! It is part of her profile for LE to add to their knowledge of a missing person just as any other piece of info for LE to zero-in on in looking for her.

And now this,

Welcome to Websleuths, @notindiana !!

Is this the end of the posting on this girl?

It is the end of the posting for Abby until more news is announced, but it is still an open case.
We haven't seen any changes in this case in many months, but I feel that the thread will be left open as is the case with other unresolved events. We never know when a break-though occurs until it does.
We have seen some discouraging stats re The Lumberton Police Dept and the Robeson County Sheriff's office. Many rapes and murders have not been solved, and reports were publicized. We are all hoping that those stats will bring some better investigating, and certainly Abby is on LE's list of unsolved cases.
We are, as usual, hoping for the best for Abby and her poor mother. Other families who have lost their daughters to murder are also on the list of unsolved cases, so we have to wait and think good thoughts, and keep up with MSM reports.
This is a cold case right now, but we have seen this type thing a number of times. The thread should remain open, IMO until this case is resolved and "put to bed."

I'm glad to hear that her mom has friends and family to help celebrate her daughter Abby's birthday. And I am very glad to hear that LE is keeping touch with her often. At least she knows that LE has not forgotten or given up on her missing daughter.
This is a damm tuff case, IMO. SMH.
And in my old home town.

** PLEASE NOTICE * *

Just saw this on the 11:00m, TV news channel CBS17.com. They are digging into the deaths of the women in Lumberton, NC, and Abby Patterson. They said they weren't getting any answers from L'ton, so they decided to look into it themselves. If I understood correctly, they are presenting several podcasts about it, and a couple of them are already out there.

The series is called "32 Degrees --A True Crime Podcast." A link is listed along with other ways to tune in.

Here is a link to their broadcast:
32 Degrees: A True Crime Podcast
--------------------------------------​
IT ALL STARTED WHEN…
Three women turned up dead in Lumberton, North Carolina, late in the spring of 2017.
All three were found naked and decomposed.
One was found in a television cabinet, another upside down in a trashcan, and the third under some brush and shingles.
Then two more women vanished. All five were in the same neighborhood.
No one has been arrested.
32 Degrees explores these cold cases through interviews with the families, friends and neighbors of Kristin Bennett, Rhonda Jones and Megan Oxendine.

32 Degrees: A True Crime Podcast

The body is not any of the women we have been following. The body was of a 55 y/o woman on whom a Silver Alert was issued. She has been missing since last summer

Local News

Remains of missing Robeson woman found

Tags:

Posted 2:11 p.m. today

Susan Dial McGirt, 55, was last seen walking away from an assisted living facility....
[...]
Remains were found on Feb. 27 near railroad tracks on Powersville Road in Lumberton, and authorities have identified them as McGirt's.

Remains of missing Robeson woman found :: WRAL.com

In conjunction with National Missing Children’s Day, the Charlotte Division of the FBI is asking the public for information regarding the cases of three missing persons in North Carolina.

President Ronald Reagan proclaimed May 25 as National Missing Children’s Day in 1983. Missing Children’s Day is dedicated to encouraging parents, guardians, caregivers, and others concerned with the well-being of children to make child safety a priority. It serves as a reminder to continue our efforts to reunite missing children with their families.

The FBI in North Carolina is continuing active investigations, alongside our local law enforcement partners, for three missing persons. Asha Degree left her home in Shelby on Feb. 14, 2000. She was seen walking along the highway a few hours later, then vanished. Sara Graham left her home in Fairmont to go to work on Feb. 4, 2015, but never arrived. Abby Lynn Patterson left her home in Lumberton, on Sept. 5, 2017, and has not been seen since.

If you have any information on any of these cases, please contact the FBI's Charlotte Field Office at (704) 672-6100. You may also contact your local FBI office, or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate

Charlotte FBI asks for help from the public for National Missing Children's Day

Remarks:
Patterson was last seen wearing brown shorts and a white shirt.

Details:
The Charlotte Division of the FBI and the Lumberton Police Department in North Carolina are seeking assistance from the public to locate Abby Lynn Patterson.

Patterson was last seen on Tuesday, September 5, 2017, around 11:30 a.m. She left her home on East 9th Street in Lumberton, North Carolina, and was seen getting into a brown Buick. Patterson has not been seen since and has not had any contact with family or friends.

ABBY LYNN PATTERSON | Federal Bureau of Investigation

@@screenshot.gif

Thanks, @JerseyGirl, for reminding us about Abby and all the others who are missing.

Abby's mother and all other parents, spouses, siblings, best friends, etc., are still hoping, when the phone or doorbell rings that they will get good news, and they can stop aching and wondering.

Yes, indeed, Abby, another bump for you, especially at this time of the year where families get together when they are able.

We here haven't forgotten you or your poor mother who, I believe, probably assumes a bad outcome for you, but still hopes to share Thanksgiving or Christmas with you this year.
We also think about the other women in that area who still have not gotten justice. SMH. Frustrating and very, very sad for all.

Abby has finally been added to NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original

Abby Patterson recently taken photo when she went missing
Original

Tattoo of birds on right shoulder of Abby Patterson

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact September 5, 2017
NamUs Case Created December 6, 2019
Last Known Location Map
Location Lumberton, North Carolina 28358
Robeson County

Circumstances of Disappearance
Last seen getting into a car with someone she knew.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila
Back