Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This really bothers me. Wake Forest is out of the way if she were going to Raleigh. Not sure I have the right Shell station, but Google tells me there is one on 98 in WF. Here are possible routes from the airport to that gas station: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/RDU...8d18cf9d9609!2m2!1d-78.543191!2d35.978184!5i1

One of those routes goes right by Falls Lake. If someone carjacked her that would be the perfect place to hide her :(

At most airports, employees park a good distance from the terminals and ride a shuttle into work. RDU is smaller and may not have said shuttle service, but just thought I'd point that out. They are also more likely to ride the shuttle OUT to their car as well, which - if RDU has one - it doesn't make the timeline all that improbable.

At most airports, employees park a good distance from the terminals and ride a shuttle into work. RDU is smaller and may not have said shuttle service, but just thought I'd point that out. They are also more likely to ride the shuttle OUT to their car as well, which - if RDU has one - it doesn't make the timeline all that improbable.

There appears to be many different places where employees can park and different rates. It seems to depend on if you are classified as a "based" or "non based" employee and what you choose to pay monthly. Here are a couple of links with information.

https://www.rdu.com/parking/other/employee/

https://www.rdu.com/parking/other/employee-parking-faqs/

This really bothers me. Wake Forest is out of the way if she were going to Raleigh. Not sure I have the right Shell station, but Google tells me there is one on 98 in WF. Here are possible routes from the airport to that gas station: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/RDU...8d18cf9d9609!2m2!1d-78.543191!2d35.978184!5i1

One of those routes goes right by Falls Lake. If someone carjacked her that would be the perfect place to hide her :(

I hated to see that one of the routes in your map has a road that travels right over a portion of that lake :(

Is it possible that she ran out to move her car from one parking lot to another for some reason?

So by that it appears that she was in the Falls Lake area kayaking herself last week. So that gas receipt may just have been delayed over the weekend before it was posted to her bank card and she got gas in that area long before she went missing?

She's also quite the adventurer and traveller with many friends and people who love her. Can't imagine she just upped and left it all behind.

MOO

The employee lot at RDU is P4, towards the back, and employees share a bus with non-employees that are in the front part of P4. The bus from terminal 2 goes to terminal 1 to pick up/drop off, then back to P4 on a loop. It would take minimum 15 minutes to get to the employee lot if she was in P4.

There is a supervisor lot for airline employees and not sure if HMS can park in it right after terminal 1 on the right side. There is no bus for that but it would be maybe a 7 minute walk to it. Employees can also park in the deck which is a quick walk for a few bucks more per month (I think it's like $15 for deck vs $11 for P4, but some airlines and TSA don't allow employees to park there, not sure about HMS).

The P4 bus does have a camera above the driver. Also, the gate in P4 was working yesterday when I was there, but last week the gate was up and no badge was needed to go in (but can't remember if I needed it to get out).

But if they have her badge going out of the gate, I would assume it was working.

That's unlikely. Your pass is for a designated lot.

Oh dear, this doesnt sound good. I feel like she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Might have run to the car to grab something and someone was waiting for the oppurtunity to get a car/money/kidnap a girl alone.
The only thing I think could be different is its weird she would go to her car on her break, like what could she need that desperately she couldnt wait til finished if she had her phone and card on her. The only thought is she was going to give someone something or give something she borrowed and was meeting them on her break.
I feel like maybe ex or crime of oppurtunity. I have a bad feeling about her safety but maybe by some miracle she will be found alive and they just wanted her car.
ALSO. what kind of airport doesnt have cameras and surely there was cameras at the gas station???

I'm not an expert at much, but I fly into and out of RDU dozens of times a year and I am often racing to get to a meeting when I land, so I have become something of an RDU logistics and timing connoisseur.

Shuttles take FOREVER at RDU, even though it's a small airport. The road to Terminal 2 is one-way, so once you're picked up, you head away from the airport and then, if you're parked where most of the parking is (unless there is some location I'm not aware of)), you have to circle practically around the entire place. Even if you are parked closer to the area where the RDU offices and the cell phone lot and rental cars are located, it's not quick. Ubers take quite a while -- 10 minutes or so (even though the estimate always says 5 minutes) -- because of the way the road loops around the entire airport. When I use an Uber, I open the app at my gate as I get off the plane, plug the info in, and before I even get to the escalators near Starbucks (around the Delta sky club area), I hit the button to call the car, go up the escalator, past Starbucks, down the other escalator, make my way to "area 17" and still always wait for five minutes.

The timeline isn't totally impossible if she took a shuttle, and I guess there wouldn't be as much traffic at that time of day...but it wouldn't leave any time to dawdle. She would have had to take off from the Starbucks at a pretty good pace, it would have taken at least 2 minutes to get to the curb where there are pickups (includes crossing the inside loop near the door, which has passenger pick-up traffic) and to the outside curb. She would have to have gotten lucky and found a shuttle right there or there within a minute or two, been dropped close to her car or without having to walk more than a minute or two, and without delay, the car would have had to have been heading out of the lot. That's a lot for 10 minutes. Everything would had to align.

Now, if she was in the parking garage within walking distance (where most passengers park, or at least where this passenger parks) or on the surface lot near Terminal 1, ten minutes would be more doable. It's still sort of tight, though. I guess she wouldn't have been burdened with a rollaboard and a "personal item" like I usually am, so she could move a little faster.

I wish I had better spatial skills and could explain this better.

ETA: Doh, Emo22 obviously knows how parking for employees works. Can't believe I wrote this whole thing without noticing Emo's post.

I am from Raleigh so this hits close to home. My parents house is about 10min from the airport. I don't see why someone would attempt a random carjacking in an airport parking lot?? Hello, security cameras! Now I have heard of cars getting stolen from these lots 10+ years ago but not with someone in them. If she was in a regular lot(not just an employee lot) I would think it more likely something random happened. Is it possible she was planning to meet someone at her car? I find it odd she took her debit card but not the rest of her purse or her phone. Seems like she must have planning to use it which makes me think she may have planned to leave the lot. I have a hard time believing she made it out of the bldg, to her car, got abducted/assaulted and the car was out of the lot in no more than 10 minutes.

<modsnip>

I have also thought about her being targeted for her work with the pit bull rescue? Just thinking out loud.

Im sure RDU has cameras. They have to. Also debit card transactions at gas station typically take a day or two to settle so just because the $23 cleared her account on Monday doesn't mean that was when she swiped her card, all of which is easily verifiable with her bank and/or the station.

Was she maybe going to a bank before they closed?

The only reason I don't believe she was meeting someone at her car is because she left her cell phone at work. If I were to step outside to meet someone I would bring my cell phone. I want to be sure the person I'm meeting can contact me or vice versa on where they parked or If they are running late. I do think her intention was to grab something from the car. And it could have been a vin number (for insurance). She probably keeps it in the glove compartment. Perhaps she was looking for that and was carjacked. Her debit card was with her in case she wanted to grab a snack on the way back to work. I did look at her Instagram and found her room mate and her room mates boyfriend. They both have not posted anything on her missing.

Sara

This case is close to home for me. I work about 5 minutes away from the airport and live 10-15 minutes away.

First off, I think if she wrecked, someone would have noticed. RDU is in the heart of Research Triangle Park, IMO the busiest part of NC. Even a wreck at 3:00 PM on a Monday can cause traffic to stand still. Plus, LE would have recognized the car possibly.
If she was abducted, then we have to think of how the person got to the airport. Did they drive their own vehicle? Uber/Lyft/taxi drop off? Did they arrive on an incoming flight? Is there a way to narrow down these possibilities?
As I said earlier, I work pretty close to RDU and used to go fishing on a small lake at a business there. I'm gonna drive around my area at lunch time and see if there are any signs of her car. Although, it may not turn up anything since this area is fairly high traffic for 3:00 PM on a Monday.

still no updates??

The only reason I don't believe she was meeting someone at her car is because she left her cell phone at work. If I were to step outside to meet someone I would bring my cell phone. I want to be sure the person I'm meeting can contact me or vice versa on where they parked or If they are running late. I do think her intention was to grab something from the car. And it could have been a vin number (for insurance). She probably keeps it in the glove compartment. Perhaps she was looking for that and was carjacked. Her debit card was with her in case she wanted to grab a snack on the way back to work. I did look at her Instagram and found her room mate and her room mates boyfriend. They both have not posted anything on her missing.

Sara

Her roommate is also the founder of the pit bull rescue and all of the missing posts via that Facebook page have come from the roommate. She posted a heartbreaking one last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her roommate Sarah Kosinski said she believes that Cope went on break to get her car registration since they had been texting about the insurance policy.

Kosinski said that for the 24-year-old to leave without a word from her job, where she has worked for four years, was &#8220;not really like her.&#8221;

&#8220;She has her phone glued to her 24/7 so I don&#8217;t think she&#8217;d drive off into the universe with no phone,&#8221; Kosinski said.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/27/starbucks-worker-mysteriously-goes-missing-after-going-on-break/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx