Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so happy to hear that Allison is OK! I was concerned because she didn't take her phone. I hope she is being well cared for.

Missing RDU worker told officer she left because she was 'stressed out'

Documents obtained by ABC11 show Allison Cope, the Starbucks employee who disappeared from her job and became the subject of a national search, told the police officer that found her she left because she was "stressed out and needed to get away from the problems."

http://abc11.com/news/missing-rdu-worker-told-officer-she-left-because-she-was-stressed-out/2184716/

Oh my. Stress may be why she left work suddenly but there must be more to it than stress, IMO. Hospitals don't typically admit you if you are simply "stressed" and I can't imagine an officer taking her to the hospital if she appeared normal but just said she was "stressed". Perhaps she had not eaten much while living in her car at the beach and was weak/dehydrated? Or maybe she also indicated she might harm herself due to the stress? I wish the news had stopped digging. I wish Allison all the best. What is important is that she was found alive.

Oh my. Stress may be why she left work suddenly but there must be more to it than stress, IMO. Hospitals don't typically admit you if you are simply "stressed" and I can't imagine an officer taking her to the hospital if she appeared normal but just said she was "stressed". Perhaps she had not eaten much while living in her car at the beach and was weak/dehydrated? Or maybe she also indicated she might harm herself due to the stress? I wish the news had stopped digging. I wish Allison all the best. What is important is that she was found alive.

BBM

THIS

Been a WSer long enough to know we'll never get the answers we hope for in cases like these. The good news/bad news is there are plenty of other still missing children, women and men who need our sleuthing skills now.

Best wishes to you, Allison. (eta) I'm glad you chose to get away for awhile, and not permanently.

BBM
Been a WSer long enough to know we'll never get the answers we hope for in cases like these.

I've been on WS long enough to just be delighted a person was found alive and safe. Once they're found alive & no indication of a crime I just wish them the best and stop asking questions we are unlikely to get answers to. Plenty of other cases that need my attention now.

Stress. Well I sure do feel for her that this whole episode will make her life even harder in the short term. Poor girl. I hope it's time to close this thread. Let her be. Let her heal.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

There are many people admitted to hospitals because of stress. I don't think there is anything more to it than this. 4 years at Starbucks, I would leave too. happydance:

bbm

That's what I was thinking -- She may have looked shaky or tired, etc., and LE just couldn't tell her she needed to go back home and then leave her there.

This one turned out a bit sad for Allison -- it's tuff when you feel like you need to get away, but maybe she was able to sort things out and figured out a way to deal with the important things and let the rest go. A good ending to a potentially scary situation -- she'll be going back to her friends and to familiar things. Best wishes and positive vibes to Allison and her friends -- both the two-legged ones and to the four legged ones who always love you no matter what. :)

There are many people admitted to hospitals because of stress. I don't think there is anything more to it than this. 4 years at Starbucks, I would leave too. happydance:

BBM lol

Not to mention the stress she possibly feels working at an airport. I worked at a major west coast US airport for ten years and it's a ~unique~ working environment. And that was pre-9/11. I don't think you could pay me enough to work at an airport nowadays.

I've been on WS long enough to just be delighted a person was found alive and safe. Once they're found alive & no indication of a crime I just wish them the best and stop asking questions we are unlikely to get answers to. Plenty of other cases that need my attention now.

Agreed. If I wasn't clear, I was using "we" in the collective sense.

Agreed. If I wasn't clear, I was using "we" in the collective sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member