Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping and praying for AC's safe return. The fact they haven't found her car is promising - but the fact that she doesn't have her phone with her is less promising. This is quite the mystery.

Yay you found a picture! You are right, I think the sticker is gone! She doesn't want to be found, she's not coming back.

I agree, if the sticker on her car was as big as the one on the car we've been shown as an example we should be able to see it from the angle of that photo.

I guess if there is a hidden kidnapper somewhere in the car that person could have made her remove it but that is seeming less and less likely.

I hope if it was removed because she doesn't want to be found than she simply went somewhere to disappear for awhile and will show back up. I do find it a bit odd that she had removed it at that point but was willing to use her debit card to get gas knowing law enforcement would see the use of her card and that she would been seen on surveillance. I wonder if her removing the sticker, if it has indeed been removed, has more behind it. Maybe as others have mentioned rescuing and caring for the dogs had gotten her down and she felt she couldnt communicate that and that's why she left and removed the sticker.

With the quality of the pic, it is impossible to be certain if the sticker is on or gone. The angle and any glare could make it unable to be seen, but, at least to my eyes, it certainly appears to be missing.

Between the image quality, the angle of the photo, and the light refraction (recall that it was around 4:15 p.m. when the photos were taken), I think it's hard to say for sure whether the sticker remains on her car.

Also, those car stickers are made in such a way as to seem invisible when they are looked at through the medium of a window; the medium of the camera lens, from the right angle, may also distort the image.

I am hoping and praying for AC's safe return. The fact they haven't found her car is promising - but the fact that she doesn't have her phone with her is less promising. This is quite the mystery.

Assuming the absence of foul play, and that Ms. Cope's intent is not to be found unless on her terms, it makes sense that she would leave her phone behind so as to not be tracked.

I wonder if, during LE's search of Ms. Cope's home, they found any missing items that would indicate that she had packed a bag. Maybe a roommate could have confirmed whether something was missing?

Also, if Ms. Cope intended on escaping for a while, why would she choose to leave on a work break as opposed to the end of her shift? Surely people would notice if she (the manager) left during her break (maybe she intended on her absence being noticed?). Something still seems off about it.

Between the image quality, the angle of the photo, and the light refraction (recall that it was around 4:15 p.m. when the photos were taken), I think it's hard to say for sure whether the sticker remains on her car.

Also, those car stickers are made in such a way as to seem invisible when they are looked at through the medium of a window; the medium of the camera lens, from the right angle, may also distort the image.

Thank you for saying what I was trying to say, much better!

Assuming the absence of foul play, and that Ms. Cope's intent is not to be found unless on her terms, it makes sense that she would leave her phone behind so as to not be tracked.

I wonder if, during LE's search of Ms. Cope's home, they found any missing items that would indicate that she had packed a bag. Maybe a roommate could have confirmed whether something was missing?

Also, if Ms. Cope intended on escaping for a while, why would she choose to leave on a work break as opposed to the end of her shift? Surely people would notice if she (the manager) left during her break (maybe she intended on her absence being noticed?). Something still seems off about it.

I agree. You leave in the middle of a shift and leave belongings behind, which raises concern and people start looking for you. But you (maybe) removed the sticker from the car so as not to be identified? She either was really not thinking clearly, or there's something we're all missing

I am from Raleigh so this hits close to home. My parents house is about 10min from the airport. I don't see why someone would attempt a random carjacking in an airport parking lot?? Hello, security cameras! Now I have heard of cars getting stolen from these lots 10+ years ago but not with someone in them. If she was in a regular lot(not just an employee lot) I would think it more likely something random happened. Is it possible she was planning to meet someone at her car? I find it odd she took her debit card but not the rest of her purse or her phone. Seems like she must have planning to use it which makes me think she may have planned to leave the lot. I have a hard time believing she made it out of the bldg, to her car, got abducted/assaulted and the car was out of the lot in no more than 10 minutes.

Obviously this appears completely irrelevant in this case, but just for anyone who thinks something like that wouldn't be likely at an airport...

At SAN (San Diego) we had at least 2 incidents along these lines in about 6 months.

April 2016 an employee shuttle bus (occupied x9 employees!!!) was carjacked.

And then last winter I heard at least one call on the scanner w/ a car stolen at curbside while people were dealing w/ their luggage - and driver and passenger were both out of the car.

And both were at relatively busy times our airport security has a TON of resources on patrol at curbside, plus obviously cameras.

So...it does happen...and neither of these instances at our airport were in a parking lot or anything, but in even higher traffic areas with both visible Harbor Patrol and airport security, as well as cameras and within view of main entrances/exits to the terminals!

I can't remember but was it said for sure that the rescue organization sticker was on the back windshield? I know it was on the back in the example photo but I have known some people who put those stickers on the side window instead because they feel it inhibits their rear view capabilities.

Considering I've lived in the area for four years, I have so many different scenarios running through my mind. If she was purposefully going to wake forest, taking 70 to 98 or I 540 to capital Boulevard would be your best bet. However I used to live off of Honeycutt Road and Possum Track Road. I would have instinctively taken Six Forks Road to either Possum Track or Honeycutt Road. That would be a more comfortable route for me. That being said, Both roads are curvy, have drop offs, and lots of woods to hide in. This scenario is a long shot, but who knows how she got to the Shell station. Do we know which one? There are several in the Wake Forest general area. If the media had said I have missed it. That would be good info to know.

I agree, if the sticker on her car was as big as the one on the car we've been shown as an example we should be able to see it from the angle of that photo.

I guess if there is a hidden kidnapper somewhere in the car that person could have made her remove it but that is seeming less and less likely.

I hope if it was removed because she doesn't want to be found than she simply went somewhere to disappear for awhile and will show back up. I do find it a bit odd that she had removed it at that point but was willing to use her debit card to get gas knowing law enforcement would see the use of her card and that she would been seen on surveillance.I wonder if her removing the sticker, if it has indeed been removed, has more behind it. Maybe as others have mentioned rescuing and caring for the dogs had gotten her down and she felt she couldnt communicate that and that's why she left and removed the sticker.

BBM...If, and I am only throwing this out as a possibility, if something had gone wrong with her relationship with her sister/sister-in-law/roommate/business partner, then removing the sticker would be a kind of 'in your face' way to make her reason for her actions known to that person, as the two of them seemed to be the primary partners in the pit bull rescue, as well as the photography business. JMO

Considering I've lived in the area for four years, I have so many different scenarios running through my mind. If she was purposefully going to wake forest, taking 70 to 98 or I 540 to capital Boulevard would be your best bet. However I used to live off of Honeycutt Road and Possum Track Road. I would have instinctively taken Six Forks Road to either Possum Track or Honeycutt Road. That would be a more comfortable route for me. That being said, Both roads are curvy, have drop offs, and lots of woods to hide in. This scenario is a long shot, but who knows how she got to the Shell station. Do we know which one? There are several in the Wake Forest general area. If the media had said I have missed it. That would be good info to know.

I believe it was said that it was the Shell station at 942 Durham Road in Wake Forest.

I can't remember but was it said for sure that the rescue organization sticker was on the back windshield? I know it was on the back in the example photo but I have known some people who put those stickers on the side window instead because they feel it inhibits their rear view capabilities.

The MSM has not said, to my knowledge, whether the sticker is on the front or the back. However, if you look through the pictures on Ms. Cope's Facebook page, you can see a photo she had taken of the friend, and in the background, there is a faint presence of the sticker on the back window.

Assuming the picture was in fact taken from the inside of her car, then the sticker is on the back window.

Here's the link to the Facebook photo, if it works:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...026955.-2207520000.1498791523.&type=3&theater

I believe it was said that it was the Shell station at 942 Durham Road in Wake Forest.
I know exactly which Shell station that is. she was pretty much in wake forest proper. There are so many places she could've headed off from there, there could be so many places her car could be hidden. Where were you going baby girl?

The MSM has not said, to my knowledge, whether the sticker is on the front or the back.Cope drives a 2014 silver Ford Fusion with a North Carolina License Plate: EHA 2771. The car also has a whole-window wrap sticker in the rear-view window like the one pictured below: Cope drives a 2014 silver Ford Fusion with a North Carolina License Plate: EHA 2771. The car also has a whole-window wrap sticker in the rear-view window like the one pictured below:However, if you look through the pictures on Ms. Cope's Facebook page, you can see a photo she had taken of the friend, and in the background, there is a faint presence of the sticker on the back window.

Assuming the picture was in fact taken from the inside of her car, then the sticker is on the back window.

Here's the link to the Facebook photo, if it works:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...026955.-2207520000.1498791523.&type=3&theater

This article states that it is a rear window wrap:

"Cope drives a 2014 silver Ford Fusion with a North Carolina License Plate: EHA 2771. The car also has a whole-window wrap sticker in the rear-view window like the one pictured below: "

http://abc11.com/news/police-need-help-finding-woman-who-went-missing-from-work/2154813/

I know exactly which Shell station that is. she was pretty much in wake forest proper. There are so many places she could've headed off from there, there could be so many places her car could be hidden. Where were you going baby girl?

According to amateur research along with some simple math, Ms. Cope's 2014 Ford Fusion holds around 16.5 - 17.5 gallons of gas. Looking at the amount of money she spent at the Shell station ($23.52 -- all that she had left via her debit card), and assuming it was all spent on gas, she would have purchased around 11.2 gallons of gas pursuant to today's gas quote for that Shell station. Of course, the missing number would be the amount of gas she already had before refilling.

Further, the 2014 Ford Fusion gets around 25 city miles per gallon, and 37 highway miles per gallon.

From this point, and calculating the mileage and distance, that leaves a fairly determinable radius that she could have gone before needing to refuel once again.

Now, these are very rough estimates, but it does present a ballpark range of how far she could have gone before needing to refill again.

According to amateur research along with some simple math, Ms. Cope's 2014 Ford Fusion holds around 16.5 - 17.5 gallons of gas. Looking at the amount of money she spent at the Shell station ($23.52 -- all that she had left via her debit card), and assuming it was all spent on gas, she would have purchased around 11.2 gallons of gas pursuant to today's gas quote for that Shell station. Of course, the missing number would be the amount of gas she already had before refilling.

Further, the 2014 Ford Fusion gets around 25 city miles per gallon, and 37 highway miles per gallon.

From this point, and calculating the mileage and distance, that leaves a fairly determinable radius that she could have gone before needing to refuel once again.

Now, these are very rough estimates, but it does present a ballpark range of how far she could have gone before needing to refill again.

Which means we are looking at numerous possibilities. I will definitely have my eyes open driving to work this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want to clarify something. The WRAL TV video shows an attendant who said she was alone, or he thought she was alone in the car.

However, WTVD TV also reported from the station today and specifically stated that the manager said they could not tell whether anyone was in the car due to the camera's vantage point. Since the pump equipment was between her car and the store itself, I tend to believe the WTVD report that it's unknown whether anyone was in the car. I don't think the attendant had a clear view of all parts of the car since it was behind the pump.

Has anyone considered the possibility that she filled up her tank in order to attempt suicide via carbon monoxide poisoning?

While it's highly unlikely to be successful with a 2014 model, she may not be aware. Or, she could have taken some medications with the hope of overdosing in conjunction with leaving her car running in an enclosed area of some sort.

If that's the case, her car is probably going to be in an enclosed space and hidden from plain sight.

Does anyone know of places in Wake Forest that would be an ideal location for enclosing one's vehicle for a CO poisoning attempt? Think abandoned car washes, garages, and the like.

If the suicide theory is taken seriously, this would explain (1) why she would go through the effort of refilling her gas tank, and (2) why she had such a look of resolve, rather than distress, when entering the gas station.

I know her friends and family have characterized her as the type that is happy, they've also characterized her as the type not to just up and disappear. I think several members of this thread have said they felt the friends/family weren't disclosing every detail of Ms. Cope's personality.

She could easily be right under our noses, and no one would ever know it.

There are literally hundreds of places in the wake forest area. While some of the neighborhoods are newer and homes are closer together, there are still vast areas out there that are heavily wooded and not built up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members