NC NC - Antwan Maurice Pittman: Rocky Mountain SK

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One of the women, Yolanda, looks very familiar to me. I wonder if she rode the transit buses here? If her and the other women all road the bus, that could be another connection between them.

Just now seeing this and WOW! i am so with you guys, how is this NOT one killer? So sad but I too agree on the racial angle, maybe lower class, but there are lower class white people everywhere and every one of these women are black. It's such a shame :(

It really is a shame Angels, made worse that it took so long to put the pieces together and start looking for this guy. Since I live here, I have been following this really closely. I wish the paper would have kept the details of that one woman's escape to themselves. Now, if that was the murderer he has probably painted over the word "Chevrolet" on his truck or changed his appearance in some way. I also wonder why they haven't had her do a composite sketch of him, that would probably generate a lot of leads.

I so agree teonspaleprincess, sometimes I think Really? we're telling them how we got what LITTLE clues we do have? is that smart? ugh...

Actually it is possible the serial killer could be a white, black, or mixed male. There's been cases of white serial killers who kill a variety of victims, and of black serial killers killing white victims, so it could be random. The serial killer has to be someone who picks up prostitutes a lot. That would be the common denominator.
If he was killing middle class white women, the story would be crawling with reporters and coverage, it's sad

North Carolina Town on Edge After 9 Women Disappear

Friday, August 14, 2009

http://javascript<b></b>:void(0)
ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. &#8212; They spent their nights jumping in and out of strange cars, trolling otherwise empty streets lined with decaying storefronts and boarded-up homes. Many sold sex to support drug habits or children left in the care of worried, hardworking grandmothers.

Even when they were picked up for drugs or prostitution, nights in jail looming, they called home to let their families know they were OK. Then, one by one, the calls stopped.

Since 2005, nine women who lived at the edges of the poor community in this small North Carolina city have disappeared. Six bodies were found along rural roads just a few miles outside town, most so decomposed that investigators could not tell how they died. At least one of the women was strangled, and all the deaths have been classified as homicides. Three women are still missing.

Police will not say whether they suspect a serial killer, but people in the community about 60 miles northeast of Raleigh do, and they're impatient with law enforcement efforts to investigate the slayings.

After the latest body &#8212; that of 31-year-old Jarneice Hargrove &#8212; was found in June behind a burnt-out house that was once a crack den, local law enforcement and state police formed a task force. In July, the FBI got involved.

More at link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,539355,00.html?test=latestnews

Police will not say whether they suspect a serial killer, but people in the community about 60 miles northeast of Raleigh do, and they're impatient with law enforcement efforts to investigate the slayings.
After the latest body - that of 31-year-old Jarneice Hargrove - was found in June behind a burnt-out house that was once a crack den, local law enforcement and state police formed a task force. In July, the FBI got involved.

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=10929629

I wish there were more leads in this case. Unfortunately this is a town where the police are pretty much disliked and people are unlikely to report any suspicions.

The discovery of the remains of Ernestine Battle, Jarniece Hargrove, Taraha Nicholson, Jackie Thorpe and Melody Wiggins have prompted authorities to form a special task force to determine if the deaths are related.

Attachments

• edgecombmurders.jpg
    edgecombmurders.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 21
North Carolina Town on Edge After 9 Women Disappear

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,539355,00.html

"Since 2005, nine women who lived at the edges of the poor community in this small North Carolina city have disappeared. Six bodies were found along rural roads just a few miles outside town, most so decomposed that investigators could not tell how they died. At least one of the women was strangled, and all the deaths have been classified as homicides. Three women are still missing."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristenLoren
Back