NC NC - Antwone Jones, 23, Fayetteville, 3 November 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JusticeWillBeServed

Reaction score
Fourteen years ago, Antwone Jones was last seen alive in the parking lot of the Morganton Place Apartments. Investigators believe this is the location where he was abducted. His body was found on November 4th; he had been shot to death. His vehicle was found four days later. They believe it was a robbery attempt. In September of 2002, two men were charged in connection to this case after a confession was made. The charges were dropped after it was discovered that the individual was in a drug treatment facility at the time of the murder.

His parents and detectives are asking the public for assistance in solving his murder.

Detectives solicit tips, parents seek closure in 2001 cold case

His father, J.J. Jones, recalls the shock like it was yesterday.

"It’s the worst feeling," he said. "It was actually just like a nightmare because I just couldn’t believe it. I had just seen him the night before when he went missing.”

Regina Jones said she plans to continue to hand out information every year until they find her son's killer.

"It has been 14 long years and still no answers," she said.

Deputies, victim's family seek answers in son's 2001 unsolved murder

He had been shot to death. Investigators believe robbery was the motive.

Antwone was known to be alive about 1 a.m. the day before, investigators said.

Antwone was in his burgundy 1989 Honda Accord in the parking lot of the Morganton Place apartments, talking on his cellphone to an out-of-state friend, when the call suddenly ended, J.J. Jones said.

Fayetteville homicides decline - January 2002

The Fayetteville Press Newspaper

Find a Grave

12407347_134881278347.jpg

Someone somewhere knows something. It breaks my heart that this family has not yet received justice.

There's not much info given in this case,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back