NC NC - Asha Degree, 9, Shelby, 14 Feb 2000 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Google Maps puts it as just over a mile.

Here is a link to an article from 2016 with some earlier details about the circumstances surrounding the green car. Keep in mind the new articles are saying "pulled" into the car.

Snipped: [May. 25, 2016] Someone matching Asha's description was seen getting into a car on Highway 18 around the area where she was last seen. The vehicle is being described as an early 1970s Lincoln Mark IV or a Ford Thunderbird with rust around the wheel wells.
"This vehicle is right now considered a vehicle of interest, and it was occupied two times on the day of her disappearance," Cleveland County Sheriff Alan Norman said. "It had been discovered by leg work with by the sheriff office investigators along with the federal government."

What does this mean?
“it was occupied two times on the day of her disappearance,"

What does this mean?
“it was occupied two times on the day of her disappearance,"
So, it was explained to me that it's law enforcement jargon meaning the vehicle had two people already inside it (when it stopped for Asha). I haven't seen that mentioned in the new info we are receiving.

I'm sorry. I've looked through the last 3 pages which seem to have the most recent information. Do we have links to the search warrants?

The new information brings forth many terrible possibilities. I have seen that most people generally believe Asha was struck by the car accidentally and that the driver panicked. I still think it’s possible the Dedmon family members who were involved might’ve abducted Asha or lured her into the car. We won’t really know how she died until her remains are located.

Why was she outside? That's the question that keeps rolling in my mind.
I think it was ultimately a "kid logic" kinda deal. Maybe she wanted to get to school extra early to get lots of basketball practice. Or maybe something mildly upset her and she wanted to run away. Who knows?

I think this is only really a serious mystery if you cling onto her parents calling Asha shy and scared. But I think they told a little white lie to the media to make her more sympathetic. There's a real stereotype of black kids being troublemakers and causing their own problems, so I don't blame the parents for pushing back against that stereotype even if they had to lie a little. That's probably why there's been slight inconsistencies in the parents' accounts of that day over the years.

Again, not trying to insult the parents. I'd probably do far worse than little lies if it meant I could get my 9 year old child back.

"According to the documents, a DNA sample of a hair stem taken from Degree’s undershirt appeared to match Dedmon Ramirez’s DNA."
I wonder if this daughter of the Dedmon's was at the sleepover Asha attended. Did they ever release an official list of her bags contents when it was found? I vaguely remember reading it somewhere. Is it possible that her bag wasn't pre-packed before supposedly leaving and that it just wasn't unpacked from the previous days, the sleep over, basketball practice, etc. Also, they didn't specify what type of DNA was found by Russell Underhill. Something is strange about them having their minor teenage child transporting patients (supposedly adults) alone. Also why in the middle of the night? During a storm?

To be honest about the unidentified girl's photo, pencil, candy wrappers, and hair bow found at the shed could potentially have been a red herring this whole time. Someone mentioning that it seems like they could have fell out of furniture being reupholstered which makes the most sense. (Unless hair evidence linking it to Asha was found of course) It could be completely unrelated.

Wow! I have followed this case for a really, really long time. I am around Asha's age and am also from North Carolina. Her missing person poster is among the first I remember seeing. Fingers crossed her family will have closure soon. I feel for them right now during this time.

The new information brings forth many terrible possibilities. I have seen that most people generally believe Asha was struck by the car accidentally and that the driver panicked. I still think it’s possible the Dedmon family members who were involved might’ve abducted Asha or lured her into the car. We won’t really know how she died until her remains are located.
I’m not leaning towards any particular theory. Anything is possible. I just pray her family gets the truth and can lay her to rest. This has to be hard enough on them. Then add in all the blaming they’ve been subjected to online. It’s horrible

Absolutely LE is still trying to identify this girl to determine if there is a connection or link to the crime, but it's very important to note that Asha did not have her photo. There may be a link, but there is certinly no direct link to Asha at this point in time.
Those items were small items similar to items Asha owned, not 100% certain her items.

"According to the documents, a DNA sample of a hair stem taken from Degree’s undershirt appeared to match Dedmon Ramirez’s DNA."
I wonder if this daughter of the Dedmon's was at the sleepover Asha attended.

I also wonder if there ig any of the Dedmon girls knew Asha. I know everyone is wondering why she left the house that night. Maybe some peer influence, trying to hang out with older girls?
Did they ever release an official list of her bags contents when it was found? I vaguely remember reading it somewhere. Is it possible that her bag wasn't pre-packed before supposedly leaving and that it just wasn't unpacked from the previous days, the sleep over, basketball practice, etc. Also, they didn't specify what type of DNA was found by Russell Underhill. Something is strange about them having their minor teenage child transporting patients (supposedly adults) alone. Also why in the middle of the night? During a storm?

The transporting could have been another time and a hair left behind and transferred.
To be honest about the unidentified girl's photo, pencil, candy wrappers, and hair bow found at the shed could potentially have been a red herring this whole time. Someone mentioning that it seems like they could have fell out of furniture being reupholstered which makes the most sense. (Unless hair evidence linking it to Asha was found of course) It could be completely unrelated.

Yes this needs repeating! Always one of my biggest pet peeves with the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COSMO58
Back