NC NC - Asha Degree, 9, Shelby, 14 Feb 2000 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe someone can answer this question I have. The warrant lists VHS tapes and cameras. Why would those have evidence if this was an accident? The flip phone could have records of calls so I got that, but seizing cameras and tapes makes it seem like this was an intentional amd recorded killing, IMOO
I would think that they sweep a wide net when it comes to collecting whatever they need to while conducting the search. They don't know what's on those devices until they analyze them and that will be done in a lab I would think. The collection of those items does not in itself mean that a crime was recorded; it does mean that they are leaving no stone unturned in this investigation and are considering all possibilities. Just my own opinion.

Ok so the car tip had been there from early in the investigation

…on the day Asha went missing, someone matching her description may have been seen getting into a distinctive vehicle along N.C. 18 where she was last seen. The vehicle was described as an early 1970s Lincoln Mark IV or possibly a Ford Thunderbird, dark green, with rust around the wheel wells. Shores says the information had been in the case file for years, but was “brought forward” when officers reopened the case and began looking at it from the beginning with fresh eyes. As officers continued looking into the possible sighting of Asha, the information “got to the level that the public needed to know.” Shores says

I find it interesting that the warrant states she was seen being “pulled into the green car”

Was that detail kept secret from the public? I knew there was a possible association with her and the green car but I don’t recall the “pulled in” detail.

If so, it sounds like they have more information alluding to her homicide.

I find it interesting that the warrant states she was seen being “pulled into the green car”

Was that detail kept secret from the public? I knew there was a possible association with her and the green car but I don’t recall the “pulled in” detail.

If so, it sounds like they have more information alluding to her homicide.
The words “pulled into” were not used until now. Previously they said “got into”. 2 totally different implications. So I agree that the change in verbiage is significant.

The words “pulled into” were not used until now. Previously they said “got into”. 2 totally different implications. So I agree that the change in verbiage is significant.

pondering - are there any other cases where police/investigators have changed verbiage like this as more information was released?

I do too. I think they used 'got into a car' originally in case someone came forward and said she got into their car. Then the police could say 'well actually....'

They are likely sitting on a lot more information too.

As far as "pulled into," I think it is important to specify in what manner she was pulled into the car. If she was the victim of a hit and run, she would've been pulled into the car from the ground, either while conscious, unconscious, or deceased. Even late at night, that would appear very differently than if she was pulled or yanked into the car while standing up and alert. MOO.
TWEET SAYING CASE IS SOLVED
Glad they put "solved" in quotation marks because it is still far from being officially solved or closed. MOO.

I do find it interesting that the PCA states the eldest daughter moved evidence when she moved homes. They name the eldest daughter quite a few times. Could this evidence just be the green car itself, or belongings of Asha?
Not the eldest daughter (LGD), the middle daughter (SGD).

Jmo

Last edited:
The PC also states that the middle daughter (SGD) has recently said that she drove the AMC car when she was 16 years old, and that the car had been “given” to her by RLD in 1999.

In 1999 the middle daughter (SGD) would have been 14 years old. She was 15 years old when Asha went missing in February 2000.

All jmo

The blog said something interesting..."so he could be back at work by 6:30." I was thinking who that Asha knows would be starting work at 6:30..it was quite a specific time to specify. Actually I read Asha would wait for the bus at 6:30..I'm not saying this was the bus driver but yeah we can take a look at everyone in this case. Ariel Castro was a school bus driver...no one can be overlooked. Teachers also arrive early for school I believe. Notice how the treasure chest in the class had a Tweety bird pocketbook, which matched exactly with Asha Tweety bird pants & went missing with Asha. That's also a kind of strange detail for me, the teacher having fairly expensive gifts in the treasure chest , which alligned exactly with Asha's preference ( Tweety theme ) for a gift. Notice that Asha kept on being Student of the Week , which means she would've kept getting these gifts from the treasure chest. There is also a hint of strangeness for me because in the story Whipping Boy there is a treasure chest , full of items like "clothes" etc. Then also there is the Uncle with the camera... certainly the Uncle would've had plenty access. I get a strange feeling about the uncle, I know he had a night camera up in the woods. He seemed to have known the woods very well.
I like this theory … have they ever questioned the teacher ? And what if they did have a secret grooming relationship.

cellphones/and internet were not how they are now… what if the teacher give her a note to meet him to get the “tweety stuff” and that’s why she was comfortable leaving the house so late.

One of the eyewitnesses is a former police officer who happens to know Asha's father. Also, I am very troubled that these people supposedly saw a little girl walking along a dark highway in the very early morning hours and didn't report that to the police as soon as possible. Didn't several of Asha's relatives also live in the neighborhood?

Also, the parents' timeline and story of what happened have changed. Not a good sign. There is a degree of victim-shaming - that Asha would leave on her own accord, when it was previously stated that she was sheltered, afraid of storms, etc. As another poster pointed out, eyewitness accounts aren't always reliable; witness contamination happens, and people report false sightings or mistaken sightings all the time

I am noticing unsettling similarities between Asha's case and that of Karlie Guse. The parents changing their story is concerning. Even the mother's description of Asha's personality changed - first she was shy, quiet, obedient, was afraid of dogs, and she never thought Asha would leave the house. Then it became "Asha was a social butterfly, would talk to anyone" etc. I have also noticed that the mother does most of the talking in interviews. LE allegedly didn't check the residence until hours later, when several people had been in and out of the house. The items found in the shed could easily have been planted. Contrary to what someone posted, Asha's scent only went as far as the end of the driveway of the family home. Her scent was not picked up on the highway. When her father called 911, he made a point of mentioning that a neighbor had seen a kid walking down the road and mentioned that her bookbag and pocketbook were missing. It sounds like an attempt to paint Asha as a runaway. They seemed to have accepted that early on, which is strange, especially if Asha's home life was as happy as they had portrayed it. Even the groomer theory doesn't make a lot of sense since Iquilla (her mother) made a point of mentioning early on that her parents knew at all times where the kids were and what they were doing, they monitored what Asha and her brother watched on TV, didn't have a computer for fear that they might fall victim to an online predator, etc. The door was supposedly locked behind her, and why would a predator ask a child to meet him on a highway, and run the risk of being seen, etc? If that scenario was a possibility, the perp would most likely be close to her house. It was cold yet she didn't take her coat? She had no history of this behavior and was known to be cautious, yet she chose to leave her house on a cold, wet night. Something's not adding up here.
That’s crazy it sounds like the dad was planting the plot … because everyone keeps saying it was raining and cold, he was the last to physically see her and he made the actual police report .? If multiple people seen her on the highway, seen her entering the green car,
was their descriptions the same as the dad ?
And who seen her enter the green car? And did they see the driver, how do you notice a kid getting in a car but not the driver.
so why would she leave without a jacket ?! Unless a car was right there waiting. Nothing makes sense I think the family is involved !

That’s crazy it sounds like the dad was planting the plot … because everyone keeps saying it was raining and cold, he was the last to physically see her and he made the actual police report .? If multiple people seen her on the highway, seen her entering the green car,
And who seen her enter the green car? And did they see the driver, how do you notice a kid getting in a car but not the driver.
so why would she leave without a jacket ?! Unless a car was right there waiting. Nothing makes sense I think the family is involved !
I don't think the family has any involvement, especially with the latest developments

They have DNA evidence. Literal physical evidence pointing to a white family as suspects in the case has been found. The family also owns a car that matches the description of the one that Asha was seen being taken in. There is undeniable proof that a third party was involved in Asha’s disappearance and it wasn’t her family, parents, etc. The suspects were strangers to Asha as far as any of us know.

Asha’s parents have been forthcoming and cooperative since the beginning because they wanted their daughter back. They were cleared contrary to whatever the Asha Degree subreddit says. ATP imo its ignorant to go down the rabbit hole of blaming Asha’s parents. At the end of the day, whoever decided to take her off that Highway and away from her loved ones is responsible for this.

The family was cleared long, long ago and the last week's worth of activity would seem to draw the investigation even further from that theory. The family has been hurt enough.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renasalazar
Back