NC NC - Asha Degree, 9, Shelby, 14 Feb 2000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cops said this year on the 20th year anniversary that that have a lot of the pieces to the puzzle and that they are just looking for one piece to fit everything together. Maybe they know more than what they are telling us. Maybe they got DNA of the book bag and are just waiting for a match to pop up on the National database

My apologies if this has been posted, but I found a video where a lady drives the route from Asha’s house to where she was last seen. I was surprised by how rural the area is. Knowing that she lived in a duplex, I pictured multiple homes side by side by side. Rather these duplexes are single story and there is quite a bit of distance in between one duplex to the next. Turner Upholstery was a lot closer to the road than I imagined and much closer to her home than I imagined. Could this shed have been a meeting spot she had been to before? Maybe a clubhouse type situation or the meeting spot for her and a predator?

20160710_153958.mp4

The Cops said this year on the 20th year anniversary that that have a lot of the pieces to the puzzle and that they are just looking for one piece to fit everything together. Maybe they know more than what they are telling us. Maybe they got DNA of the book bag and are just waiting for a match to pop up on the National database

Has that 20th Anniversary story been posted here on the thread? I may have missed it.

Thanks! Hmmm. No scent for the dog to follow. That makes me think nobody came to her window and knocked to entice her to leave? I’d say back then people probably didn’t lock their doors. So nobody came inside to entice her to leave either?

Snip:
According the FBI, Degree was last seen by her family asleep in her bedroom around 2:30 am. She was spotted a short time later by drivers, walking along the side of N.C. 18 in Shelby. Investigators say there was no sign of forced entry and no promising scent trail for search dogs to follow.

Last edited:
I recall hearing that the brother is still active on social media about Ashas disappearance. Do we know if the parents are? I’m not sure if he’s standing up as a family “rep” or if they’re vocal as well. I do remember reading that the family has/had annual memorial events in town for Asha.

One thing that has stuck with me is that (reportedly) Asha often slept next to her brothers bed on the floor, in the room they shared. Not a huge deal, they were described as being very close. But it brought back memories of my own childhood-my brother and I were super close as well, we shared a room early on and bc of personal matters within our household, we were bonded in fear. Often, I would get scared at night and get in his bed.
Was there something going on in her home that she feared and needed that comfort at night from her brother? I too, was afraid of strangers and dogs, and would have been terrified to walk alone at night.
I am starting to believe there is more to this story on the inside and I’m not sure she ever left at this point- although I’m not sure she didn’t either. This case is unbelievably mysterious and so many unanswered questions. Where are you Asha? MOO IMO

Sadly I am convinced that her Family are the reason why Asha is not here today. I think her life ended on that fateful Sunday night. One big sign of their guilt for me is their quietness and for me an annual walk one day a year is not cutting it. It should be an everyday mission for them to find their loved one. I hope that the Police change their thinking and really go in hard on the Family so that this case can finally be resolved

Sadly I am convinced that her Family are the reason why Asha is not here today. I think her life ended on that fateful Sunday night. One big sign of their guilt for me is their quietness and for me an annual walk one day a year is not cutting it. It should be an everyday mission for them to find their loved one. I hope that the Police change their thinking and really go in hard on the Family so that this case can finally be resolved
I personally believe if Asha never left the home that fateful night then it was because of her father and NOT her mother. I truly believe in her mother's tears but I do agree that something doesn't add up. I do think it is possible that the two truck drivers may not actually seen Asha but someone else. what I do find odd is that I heard one of the drivers was a former sheriff, or officer, so I find it unsettling that if he thinks he saw a little girl in the middle night walking alone during a storm that he wouldn't have reported it sooner or made an effort to pull over and talk to her, himself. I think when it comes to missing persons cases where the case is decades old that it's better to let the public know most, if not, all the leads and clues you have. it's probably more helpful than harmful at this point. I hope her mother and brother can have closure one day.

I personally believe if Asha never left the home that fateful night then it was because of her father and NOT her mother. I truly believe in her mother's tears but I do agree that something doesn't add up. I do think it is possible that the two truck drivers may not actually seen Asha but someone else. what I do find odd is that I heard one of the drivers was a former sheriff, or officer, so I find it unsettling that if he thinks he saw a little girl in the middle night walking alone during a storm that he wouldn't have reported it sooner or made an effort to pull over and talk to her, himself. I think when it comes to missing persons cases where the case is
I personally believe if Asha never left the home that fateful night then it was because of her father and NOT her mother. I truly believe in her mother's tears but I do agree that something doesn't add up. I do think it is possible that the two truck drivers may not actually seen Asha but someone else. what I do find odd is that I heard one of the drivers was a former sheriff, or officer, so I find it unsettling that if he thinks he saw a little girl in the middle night walking alone during a storm that he wouldn't have reported it sooner or made an effort to pull over and talk to her, himself. I think when it comes to missing persons cases where the case is decades old that it's better to let the public know most, if not, all the leads and clues you have. it's probably more helpful than harmful at this point. I hope her mother and brother can have closure one day.
Yeah I read online that one of the Truck Drivers was a Police Officer. Your right he would have reported it at the least but more than likely would have pulled over to help her. Thats why I can’t believe the story of her leaving and been seen on the Highway. I also think the Father could be the reason why she vanished. If there was a cover up done by someone well then they really planned it well. The police should let the cat out of the bag and tell us everything they know about this case. If new information doesn’t crop up well then this is gonna be unsolved for a long time if not forever. Lets hope and pray that will not happen

I just read online an Interview that Asha’s mother gave. In it she says that we know Asha left the house on her own free will. How does she know that? She doesn’t know *advertiser censored*, her and the whole Degree Family are creating a narrative that Asha ran away which is a lie. Asha I am sure was hurt by the people who were meant to protect her the most, her own parents.

I just read online an Interview that Asha’s mother gave. In it she says that we know Asha left the house on her own free will. How does she know that? She doesn’t know ****, her and the whole Degree Family are creating a narrative that Asha ran away which is a lie. Asha I am sure was hurt by the people who were meant to protect her the most, her own parents.
Her mom feels that she did. They have never been charged over the years, and everything from LE has indicated they don’t feel they are suspects.

I just read online an Interview that Asha’s mother gave. In it she says that we know Asha left the house on her own free will. How does she know that? She doesn’t know ****, her and the whole Degree Family are creating a narrative that Asha ran away which is a lie. Asha I am sure was hurt by the people who were meant to protect her the most, her own parents.

It is not a popular opinion but I agree with you.

Usually Police rule out suspects if they have identified other possible suspects or if the initial suspects provide an air proof alibi. In this case there are no other potential suspects and Asha’s parents cannot provide proof that what they say happened that night is really what occurred. The parents constantly say that she would never leave the house and that nobody from outside could get close to her. All this points to foul play happening in the Degree household. I believe that like in most cases that if the Police pressure her parents enough, they will crack under the spotlight and spill the beans. Their version of events is inconsistent and at times far fetched.

It is not a popular opinion but I agree with you.
False sightings happen from well intentioned people all the time. How so quickly the police looked at this as runaway case has doomed it. I just can't see Asha sneaking out that early in the morning, dark, bad weather. I do hope we ultimately find out what happened

The first two weeks in this case were crucial in solving this case. Any opportunity of finding telling evidence has long gone now. It looks like a death bed confession is their only hope of solving this case now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3