NC NC - Asha Degree, 9, Shelby, 14 Feb 2000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy has been trying to work out what happened to Asha, here's his website https://findingashadegree.wordpress.com/

From what he's written I think someone she trusted outside of the family, such as a teacher/priest, should be looked at.

Not that it matters much but I'm a 'girl.' Thanks so much for checking out my blog.
I'll NEVER be convinced Asha made that trek along the highway without the aid of a
spotlight at best--in a TORRENTIAL rainstorm while merrily eating candy. No way.
Didn't happen. I have some pics /of the shed where the hairbow, pencil etc were found.
That shed is WAY the heck off the highway and I don't believe she was even in that shed.
She would have needed a freaking flood light. See the aerial view of the driveway leading to the shed.

Thanks again for caring about Asha,
~Wendy

Having spent hundreds of hours writing my blog, https://findingashadegree.wordpress.com/ ,
it pained me to lose this 'link' to Asha's case. I would have loved to compare who we believe is responsible
for Asha's disappearance . I read where he had a 'few suspects' in mind.
~Wendy author of findingAshaDegree

Having spent hundreds of hours writing my blog, https://findingashadegree.wordpress.com/ ,
it pained me to lose this 'link' to Asha's case. I would have loved to compare who we believe is responsible
for Asha's disappearance . I read where he had a 'few suspects' in mind.
~Wendy author of findingAshaDegree

I really enjoyed your blog, but haven't seen any recent posts...it's been a few months, so I'll check back in.

Have you done a FOIA request? I guess the case is still open so they won't release any info...?

Can you you say anymore about your theory? Do you think someone had a spotlight in that shed and Asha was trying to find the source of the spotlight? Or are you saying someone was beside her pointing the spotlight towards the shed?

Your blog had new info, I was impressed with the amount of time you've obviously put into the case. Any suspicions on the family (which cannot be discussed here, of course)?

Not that it matters much but I'm a 'girl.' Thanks so much for checking out my blog.
I'll NEVER be convinced Asha made that trek along the highway without the aid of a
spotlight at best--in a TORRENTIAL rainstorm while merrily eating candy. No way.
Didn't happen. I have some pics /of the shed where the hairbow, pencil etc were found.
That shed is WAY the heck off the highway and I don't believe she was even in that shed.
She would have needed a freaking flood light. See the aerial view of the driveway leading to the shed.

Thanks again for caring about Asha,
~Wendy
It does matter! Having called you a "he" as well, I apologize.

Maybe Asha had infrared nightvision goggles and a very powerful Maglite...I don't even know if anyone outside the military had access to infrared nightvision goggles fifteen years ago!

This is such a strange case, and it's really hard to come up with theories when everything that's "known" about it is almost impossible to believe.

I'm still wondering(after reading and commenting on your blog) if someone had either disliked Debbie Turner, or had worked for/delivered to her place of business. I'd think LE would have checked out anyone who had any chance of being on the property while Asha was out walking, but it just seems like such a calculated place to drop evidence.

I don't believe Asha was ever in that shed. Period. I have some images on my blog taken two days after Turner finding the hair bow, etc and there's absolutely NO disturbance in that gravel floor. Dogs would have at least picked up her scent. Her sneakers would have created little mud balls (for lack of a better word) with the shoe soles sealing Asha's scent. I'm very critical of how the case was handled: why is it TURNER found those items (on Tuesday morning) and not the searchers? Asha was reported missing from that very area. Why weren't all sheds searched? Turner's was right there! WTH?

This was a calculated plan by someone who knew Asha, and had face-to-face contact, as her world was devoid of computers, cell phones and strangers (she was incredibly shy), there's not a chance in hell she went walking up that can't-see-a-dang-thing-in-fronta-ya-face highway in a torrential downpour). She left wearing no coat--no outerwear. Further, it's reported her mother wouldn't let the kids play when it was 'too cold' outside, so this isn't a kid conditioned to toughing it out by any means.

If she had planned to leave, she would have waited for the storm to pass at the very least and donned a coat. Asha had too many fears to leave out on her own. There's no way she overcame her every fear overnight: the dark, dogs, strangers and storms. The first bark of a dog and she would be screaming, running for home--not into some creepy woods.

I have uncovered a few things which I'm working up to send to the SBI and FBI. Hopefully, they'll listen. If not, I plan a letter-writing campaign like nobody's business.

The whole investigation was a mess from the get-go. Please don't get me started. . .

WendyH-- I am up for writing some letters. PM me if/when you need help.

Having looked at that freaking highway via Google maps/streetview, there's a lot of uneven terrain mailboxes and gutters/ductwork where Asha would have tripped at least a few times. Now, add candy, a downpour of cold rain, no coat, soaked to the bone in February temps, pitch black, no light, and we're to believe she was going merrily on an 'adventure' while unwrapping candy fished from her Tweety Bird purse? Didn't happen.

PLUS, that's a highway and she supposedly traveled 1.3 miles and only TWO drivers reported seeing Asha? Hmmm . . .

I really enjoyed your blog, but haven't seen any recent posts...it's been a few months, so I'll check back in.

Have you done a FOIA request? I guess the case is still open so they won't release any info...?

Can you you say anymore about your theory? Do you think someone had a spotlight in that shed and Asha was trying to find the source of the spotlight? Or are you saying someone was beside her pointing the spotlight towards the shed?

Your blog had new info, I was impressed with the amount of time you've obviously put into the case. Any suspicions on the family (which cannot be discussed here, of course)?

I'll inquire with an FOIA request but because it's an open investigation, I can't expect anything. NC law doesn't require LE to release records on open cases. but all they can do is say no, so I'll give it a try.

I don't believe Asha walked that highway at all. I believe she was taken from her residence after (perhaps) meeting someone well-known to her. I also highly doubt she was in that shed. I added some images of the highway where she is believed to have walked alone. Note the terrain: https://findingashadegree.wordpress...-the-highway-what-really-could-have-happened/

WendyH-- I am up for writing some letters. PM me if/when you need help.

Me, too, though the odds of them being received by people who want to take them seriously is, as always, hard to determine.

I'm sure her parents and brother do not greatly appreciate that the last really "proven" thing they've heard about what happened to her involves some sicko burying her backpack several miles away.

I think LE probably assumed Asha was just at a friend's house, as they often do in the cases of older "runaways"...so they concentrated their search on the immediate area instead of branching out(as they should have with the possibility of the perp being a truck driver). Leaving your home of your own accord(if she even did, and wasn't brainwashed or coerced by someone) doesn't make you invincible to all the creeps out there, whether you're 9 or 99.

And yeah, I don't buy the B.S. of only two witnesses seeing her. I'm also not entirely convinced that one or both of these people weren't involved, having waited so long to report that they saw her. If I was out driving at that time of morning and I saw a NINE YEAR OLD GIRL walking along the side of the road and then "running off toward the woods," I would basically go find ANY phone and call the cops ASAP with exact details and locations.

I think most other people would, too.

How do you wait until the next day, go to sleep peacefully, etc., before reporting this? And this is two different people, both reacting in this way.

Hi Wendy, I have read your blog through and through, I am pretty close to Shelby. I've only lived in North Carolina for about 9 months now. My question is do you know if the witnesses report Asha wearing her backpack or carrying it while she was "walking" down the highway? May be minor, usually if someone plans to go a short distance, they carry their backpacks, if they plan on walking a great distance or what have you, they would wear it. Also, highways here, the speed limit is of course 55. So in the rain, driving say -40mph or greater, I think I would have to do a double take, to think to myself, was that a kid, I would have to slow down and question myself as to did i really see what I just saw. Also, If its alright i'm going to pm you about a name that I ran across on google if thats' alright, and i'm wondering if you might have more information on it.

Hi ladylolly, I am SO behind on everything in my life right now, lol. I have a couple blog messages to answer,too. Sorry I took so long. Here's the scoop from what I just reread on old newspaper reports:
The early hours were full up with rain. The area got a little over an inch and the fog was another issue with visibility and windshields fogging up; add the dark to that and visibility was dismal at best. One searcher mentioned the rain and fog, cold feet and cuts from all the brush. Remember, Asha had no coat on. She would have suffered hypothermia bigtime. She was not a child used to going outside in the cold. I read in one report where a relative or neighbor said Asha's mother wouldn't let her kids outside if it was 'too cold' outside, and I would bet she's not used to allowing her hair/head to get drenched,either. Any way you look at it, she wasn't planning to go outside for any length of time. She was wearing her nightgown at 2:30 when her brother said she got up to go to the bathroom but she went back to bed. So, that leaves a very narrow window of time: 2:30 in bed, then say she gets up at 3:00. She supposedly got up, got dressed, then WALKED 1.33 miles when the first witness claims to have seen her at 3:30. That's THIRTY minutes for a small kid to walk that distance in the torrential rain (the witness) and pitch black with NO light, coat/hat AND carrying a fully-packed bookbag. Hmmmm.

yes, Asha was seen wearing the backpack. Having looked at the pics on my blog and thecharleyproject, I came up with one more reason that supports my theory that a local is responsible. I'm very careful with what I say; I don't want anyone suing me because they think I'm fingering them. That's scary! I've had emails from as far away as India asking for names and I've been accused of fishing for info from people on reddit so I can claim the reward (yeah, that's why I'm posting everything I've uncovered on the INTERNET so everyone can see it; hmmm . . . that makes sense). Sorry for the rant. It's been a roller coaster but I'm not swayed by people like that.

I'll check my messages. Thanks :)

Thanks for your offer, emeraldine. The biggest thing I took away from those people calling in and reporting seeing a child walking alone, is how bad the investigators were. First, they allowed a pile of people in the yard and house (JonBenet Ramsey all over again) before they did a thorough search of the house (they didn't fully know what items were missing until day two), plus, they didn't go back out to search the shed/yards/along the highway near where the two witnesses reported seeing Asha or THEY would have found the hair bow etc. in the shed and not Ms. Turner.

A newspaper reported investigators saying they would go out that evening but I don't see how they could have and miss those items in FULL view of the shed's entrance. There were no doors on the shed.

Not sure if I answered you on Debbie Turner but I don't get that whole scenario; it's so 'not right.' I'm working on some things I uncovered about the first hours and that shed deal. I hate being so cryptic but I have to tread lightly--that's a small town and people know people. I'm expecting to find something out-of-the-blue the deeper I get with the folks. I'm working on getting the locals familiar with my blog. Long process but I want to see this through. I don't care who can gather info from what's on the blog and figure this out for the family. Fifteen years is horrific with not knowing.

Is it possible that the person who lured Asha out of home that night was a teenager? I'm just thinking, if someone had discarded her things in the shed in order to conceal them, it seems like something a young person would do. Don't know why. Which is maybe why Asha went with that person without a struggle... Closer to her in age.

Is it possible that the person who lured Asha out of home that night was a teenager? I'm just thinking, if someone had discarded her things in the shed in order to conceal them, it seems like something a young person would do. Don't know why. Which is maybe why Asha went with that person without a struggle... Closer to her in age.

I do believe you're very close to the perp, though with these tyoes who are interested in pre-pubescent girls are child-like in their interests, gravitating toward kids of both sexes for 'regular fun,' then usually have a boy or girl preference for molestation.

I'm NO expert but I've had to read some really hard material written by experts in researching for my blog. So, whether or not the offender was a teen is a hard question to offer any insight on. But as you so insight-fully said, yes it does seem like something a teenager might do--because these jerks spend an awful lot of time hanging out with kids, thinking about kids, fantasizing about kids ... and on and on.

Sickening to the core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member