NC NC - Blake Deven & London Deven, missing dates and ages are uncertain, FBI involved, Fayetteville

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

"Mother faces death penalty

over horrific torture and murder

of her two adopted children -

after police found their remains in a burn barrel."

:oops:

I think it's fairly obvious the second "accomplice" of sorts the authorities were referencing in that press conference is the late Leonie Maxwell. They seemed rather evasive when referencing the apparently begrudged, reluctant accomplice and IIRC did not name her. I believe they directly said this person was forced or coerced into keeping quiet and/or helping with the crimes using fear.

Leonie has been long on the tooth for a while, mid 90s I believe. We don't know how bad her mental and physical faculties were and for how long but Ava apparently held legal power over her. Even the healthiest octogenarians and nonagenarians have issues. Leonie will always get the side-eye treatment from the public, understandably so, but at the moment law enforcement seems to want to protect her. I'm sure this is also partly because she's now deceased and can't be prosecuted. If she were alive I doubt they'd charge her for anything even if they could. Maybe Leonie wasn't fully aware of what was being done before her eyes most of the time. MOO. MOO. MOO.

<modsnip> I'm still very fascinated by the connection to a weird woo woo, Buddhist-adjacent group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was LE even able to have a conversation with Leonie? I believe the state of her health was very frail when all of this unfolded, she wasn't making decisions regarding her own health anymore and that's why a guardian other than Avantae who was not returning calls was appointed for her.

In my opinion, Leonie wasn't the person who assisted Avantae. And I believe the kid who made the 911 call was the one who put this whole thing in motion, including Leonie's hospitalization. I don't think Avantae would've taken her own mother to the hospital if LE wasn't involved already, and I certainly don't believe she would've reported Blake missing if the kid who called 911 didn't spill the beans about not seeing him for years.

I think this theory may have been presented earlier in the thread and I apologize if it seems like I'm stealing it, but this is my working assumption thus far:

It was mentioned here a few months ago that, separately from the human remains found at the Autryville location, there were also remains found in January in Fayetteville:
Fayetteville Police investigate after skeletal remains found in wooded area

This news was published on January 16, only three days before January 19, when Avantae reported Trenton (Blake) missing.

Is it possible that she, having heard the news, could have assumed they were related to her murders of the children, and thus reported him missing as a cover-up tactic, so that if the remains were identified as belonging to Trenton (Blake), she could claim that as he had gone "missing" some time ago, he had probably been killed by someone else while outside of her house?

MOO.

Was LE even able to have a conversation with Leonie? I believe the state of her health was very frail when all of this unfolded, she wasn't making decisions regarding her own health anymore and that's why a guardian other than Avantae who was not returning calls was appointed for her.

In my opinion, Leonie wasn't the person who assisted Avantae. And I believe the kid who made the 911 call was the one who put this whole thing in motion, including Leonie's hospitalization. I don't think Avantae would've taken her own mother to the hospital if LE wasn't involved already, and I certainly don't believe she would've reported Blake missing if the kid who called 911 didn't spill the beans about not seeing him for years.
Leonie isn’t the person who assisted Avantae. This question was answered by Bryanna in one of her interviews or podcasts. Someone linked one of her podcasts here. She said that Leonie tried to help when she could by sneaking them food.
She would have been near the age of 90 when they disappeared. The person who helped Avantae was under the age of 18, at the time of the disappearances, which is probably why the name has not been mentioned by LE.

Leonie isn’t the person who assisted Avantae. This question was answered by Bryanna in one of her interviews or podcasts. Someone linked one of her podcasts here. She said that Leonie tried to help when she could by sneaking them food.
She would have been near the age of 90 when they disappeared. The person who helped Avantae was under the age of 18, at the time of the disappearances, which is probably why the name has not been mentioned by LE.
I know. It's not that hard to find out who it was. London was dead, Blake was dead, the two boys don't know where they are. Not many people left in the house if we exclude all of these people plus Leonie who I don't believe could help even if she wanted to.

I know. It's not that hard to find out who it was. London was dead, Blake was dead, the two boys don't know where they are. Not many people left in the house if we exclude all of these people plus Leonie who I don't believe could help even if she wanted to.
If a minor was a reluctant accomplice to atrocious crimes, I can see why they would not go to the police once they became an adult. Not 100% agree, but understand.

If a minor was a reluctant accomplice to atrocious crimes, I can see why they would not go to the police once they became an adult. Not 100% agree, but understand.
I totally understand them not going to authorities: their entire life was an utter and abject failure from "authorities". Man those kids never had a chance :(

How could this person even be allowed to ADOPT any children???

Sorry
but it is beyond my comprehension :oops:

She seems to be "not right in the head".

In my country adoption process is lengthy and prospective parents have to "tick" all possible boxes to get this privilege.

And in case of vulnerable kids,
the bar is set even higher.

Everything is checked by Family Court.
Accommodation/material status/occupations/no criminal records, etc, etc.

Also, a single person has little chance for adopting a child.
Only families/married couples.

This repugnant case is simply unbelievable!!! :mad:

RIP to poor, tortured souls :(

Last edited:
How could this person even be allowed to ADOPT any children???

Sorry
but it is beyond my comprehension :oops:

She seems to be "not right in the head".

In my country adoption process is lengthy and prospective parents have to "tick" all possible boxes to get this privilege.

And in case of vulnerable kids,
the bar is set even higher.

Everything is checked by Family Court.
Accommodation/material status/occupations/no criminal records, etc, etc.

Also, a single person has little chance for adopting a child.
Only families/married couples.

This repugnant case is simply unbelievable!!! :mad:

RIP to poor, tortured souls :(
Maybe adopted illegally..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members