NC NC - Blake Deven & London Deven, missing dates and ages are uncertain, FBI involved, Fayetteville

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

WRAL News is working to learn specifically why Deven got transferred. Deven is designated a "safe keeper." It means an inmate has security, health or mental health issues of some kind.

I can imagine she is not exactly popular with her fellow detainees in county jail. I mean, a lot of those women are likely to be mothers, whose children are now in foster care due to their incarceration. And here is Avantae, a foster, turned adoptive, mother who killed not one but two children of other mothers in her care.

I'm gonna bet safety concerns. Second guess is feigned mental illness for defense purposes.

I can imagine she is not exactly popular with her fellow detainees in county jail. I mean, a lot of those women are likely to be mothers, whose children are now in foster care due to their incarceration. And here is Avantae, a foster, turned adoptive, mother who killed not one but two children of other mothers in her care.

I'm gonna bet safety concerns. Second guess is feigned mental illness for defense purposes.
Right. Very good points! My is guess she's a type 2 diabetic or had blood pressure issues.

Kreft’s half brother, Tyson Alvarez, used to be Avantae Deven’s husband.
“I moved in with them in June of 2000, and then, as soon as I got there, it was just like, it went to hell right away, like, living with them,” Kreft said. “The first few months, I lost so much weight because they were starving me [and] wouldn’t let me eat.”
Kreft provided photos she said that Avantae Deven made her take. They would also send letters back to Kreft’s family in Illinois.
Kreft’s mother told WRAL News that her daughter appeared dramatically thinner after she moved to Las Vegas.
According to Kreft, her appearance and smile were “all fake.”
“She [Avantae Deven] made me dress like that and pose like that, and she sent that to my family to make it look like I was OK, so nobody knew I was being hurt,” Kreft said.

This negates any theory that Avantae might have had good intentions when she adopted but then she became overwhelmed by the kids behaviors.

Last edited:
RSBM
Note for Monday from this story:
At 7 p.m. ET Monday on WRAL, viewers will hear from Alvarez in another report.

Alvarez said he found something that Avantae Deven was hiding behind a wall of sheetrock, which led him to leave her.

Kreft said the alleged abuse from Avantae Deven went beyond withholding food.

“Avantae would beat me, dragged me by my hair, they weren't letting me eat, I was locked in the closet with a bunch of cats that were peeing and pooping everywhere,” Kreft said. “It was horrible.”

Kreft said she was forced to live in the closet.

WRAL News spoke with Alvarez. He strongly denies ever abusing his sister, but says it's possible it was happening and he just wasn't aware of it.

Kreft said she was then later forced to move to Montana with Avantae Deven and Alvarez. Eventually, Kreft left both of them.

About a year later, Kreft escaped and made her way back to family.
[snip]
At 7 p.m. ET Monday on WRAL, viewers will hear from Alvarez in another report.

Alvarez said he found something that Avantae Deven was hiding behind a wall of sheetrock, which led him to leave her.
‘Evil monster’: Avantae Deven’s ex-roommate says she starved her, beat her

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back