GUILTY NC - Cannon Hinnant, 5, fatally shot by adult neighbor at point blank, Wilson, 9 Aug 2020 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

SaguaroSpirit

Reaction score
"WILSON, N.C. — A North Carolina man has been arrested in connection with the fatal shooting of a young boy, authorities said.

According to WTVD, Darius Nathaniel Sessoms, 25, of Wilson, is facing a first-degree murder charge after police said he shot 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant about 5:30 p.m. Sunday at a Wilson mobile home park."

North Carolina man arrested in shooting death of 5-year-old boy, police say

Police have yet to confirm a motive for Cannon’s killing, although the youngster’s father Austin is said to have eaten dinner with Sessoms the night before Cannon was shot.

So is there more to this than pure nihilistic 'shoot kid that annoyed me'? Did the men argue about something, perhaps, or have some kind of feud?

So is there more to this than pure nihilistic 'shoot kid that annoyed me'? Did the men argue about something, perhaps, or have some kind of feud?
That's a scary thought too. What kind of argument would be serious enough for one friend to go murder another's child? I'm thinking that perhaps the murderer was under the influence of drugs like shrooms or bath salts. They cause people to go crazy!

Not that it makes much difference...this is so evil no matter what the motive, but to me it would be worse if the perp did it to get back at the dad (that implies malice aforethought) versus reacting emotionally when that poor child rode his bike into the perp's yard. The outcome's the same. IMO, if a case cries out for the death penalty, this is it.

Not that it makes much difference...this is so evil no matter what the motive, but to me it would be worse if the perp did it to get back at the dad (that implies malice aforethought) versus reacting emotionally when that poor child rode his bike into the perp's yard. The outcome's the same. IMO, if a case cries out for the death penalty, this is it.

Absolutely, the end result is no different and just as awful. It is somehow different if there was some intent, such as payback, because the utter pointlessness of just shooting a 5yo for coming on your lawn is too awful to try to contemplate

Darius Sessoms, 25, was taken into custody Monday charged with first degree murder in the death of the boy, Cannon Hinnant, in Wilson, N.C, WRAL-TV reported.

Sessoms and the boy's father were next-door neighbors. Cannon was at his father's house on his bike Sunday afternoon when he was shot in front of his two sisters, 7 and 8.

Monday was supposed to be Cannon's first day of kindergarten.

The motive for the shooting was under investigation.

Sessoms was being held without bond.

North Carolina man accused of shooting 5-year-old boy in the head: report

9UQiVRnz

now it is, but when it first happened it was not all over the news yet

That’s typically the case with crimes like this (mostly local coverage) unless they’re:

1. Mass murders.
2. Killing BY a child.
3. Part of a systemic issue that’s being debated nationally.

Otherwise, children are murdered, often gruesomely, daily in our nation and most of those cases don’t get instant, national coverage. Some get no national coverage at all, ever, and no more than limited local coverage.

I can't even imagine this happening, it's horrific. It's not getting much press coverage. His poor family too, and his sisters who saw it happen, I just can't.

All three of my local stations and my local newspaper ran this story, and I've seen plenty of national coverage as well. I'm in the Florida Panhandle.

We'll see more once there is more info on the WHY. They were next door neighbors; I suspect that this man killed this poor child because of some neighborhood conflict. You never really know anybody, do you?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aicontrolling
Back