NC NC - Carlton Edmondson, 30, Burke County, 19 Jan 2018 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
3 of them are now charged with murder-
http://www.wbtv.com/story/37506902/...nection-to-kidnapping-of-missing-burke-co-man

BURKE COUNTY, NC (WBTV) -

Officials have charged three of the people arrested in connection with a missing persons case out of Burke County with murder. The victim, 30-year-old Carlton Lamaar Edmondson, is still missing.

Michael May, James Combs, and Brittany Arnold were all arrested in Tennessee on several charges including conspiracy to commit aggravated kidnapping. On Wednesday, officials said all three's charges were being upgraded to murder.

Three other people, Robert Leroy Littleton III, his wife, Leigh Katherine Littleton, and Valerie Ann Dollar were all arrested earlier in January on kidnapping charges.

(Article continues at link; I just didn't c & p the whole thing.)

[h=1]N.C. man's disappearance now considered a murder case[/h]
Charges the three now face are:
May: conspiracy to commit especially aggravated kidnapping and felony first-degree murder;
• Combs: extortion, aggravated assault, aggravated kidnapping, conspiracy to commit especially aggravated kidnapping and felony first-degree murder; and

• Arnold: aggravated assault, conspiracy to commit especially aggravated kidnapping and felony first-degree murder.
Bond for each of the defendants was set at $250,000.
When asked on Thursday if the state believes Edmundson is dead, Brooks said, “That is our belief.”
Brooks said Hawkins accepted the upgraded charges based on his oral motion, but that he would file something in writing before the Feb. 28 preliminary hearing.
Attorneys for the three are Ryan Curtis for Arnold, T. Craig Smith for Combs and C.J. Roberts for May. They asked for more time to prepare for the preliminary hearing after Brooks upped the charges.
Two other people — Robert Leroy Littleton III, 31, and Leigh Katherina Mina, were arrested in Johnson County in late January on fugitive from justice warrants charging them with first-degree kidnapping, but they were extradited back to North Carolina. Brooks said there could be additional people charged in the murder case, but he did not elaborate if Littleton and Mina were those individuals.
http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/law-enforcement/2018/02/15/Missing-N-C-man-now-considered-murder

Three accused of kidnapping N.C. man headed to criminal court on murder, kidnapping and extortion charges

MOUNTAIN CITY — Three North Carolinians accused of helping kidnap, beat up and possibly kill another man over $700 had their charges of murder, extortion and kidnapping bound over to a Johnson County grand jury after a nearly six-hour preliminary hearing Wednesday.

Michael Stacey May, 39, James Parker Combs, 31, and Brittany Michelle Arnold, 25, are each charged with first-degree felony murder, especially aggravated kidnapping, conspiracy to commit especially aggravated kidnapping, extortion, conspiracy to commit extortion and aggravated assault.

They and three others who are in custody in North Carolina are accused of killing 29-year-old Carlton Lamar Edmondson, also known as “Lovii,” from Burke County, North Carolina, over an alleged drug debt.
The case will go before a grand jury for further proceedings in Criminal Court.

Brooks presented five witnesses during the hearing. They included:

• Nancy May, the mother of Stacy May;

• Brenda Combs, mother of James Combs, whose phone was used to make some of the ransom calls;

• Suiounne Uebele, a cousin of Edmondson, who received some of the ransom calls and heard Edmondson beg for his life;

• Linisha Kincaid, Edmondson’s mother;

• Lt. Shawn Brown, lead investigator for the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office; and

• Doug Cox, Combs’ ex-brother-in-law, who was asked to “go look for somebody” on Stone Mountain who may be hurt.
Read more: http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Cou...rt-on-murder-kidnapping-and-extortion-charges

They still haven’t found him???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to authorities, Littleton and Leighkatherine Mina, 30, of Boone, kidnapped Edmondson from his Morganton home in the morning of Jan. 19, taking him to various locations in Watauga and Ashe County throughout the day. Along with Valerie Ann Dollar, 24, of Boone, Brittany Michelle Arnold, 25, of Mountain City, Tenn., Michael Stacey-James May, 39, of Zionville, and James Combs, 30, of Zionville, the six allegedly took Edmondson to a remote location in Trade, Tenn., where, according to police, he was beaten and left. The suspects allegedly captured the beating on video.

I don’t understand how they can’t ping the phones location at the time of the beating. Also weren’t police led to a location and he wasn’t there? Maybe they genuinely don’t know?

I don’t understand how they can’t ping the phones location at the time of the beating. Also weren’t police led to a location and he wasn’t there? Maybe they genuinely don’t know?

My understanding was that they found the actual location he was beaten. What is in question is where his body ended up. The suspects may be claiming they left him alive and he "wandered off" but IIRC dogs were brought in and they could not track him. IMO it seems more likely they hid his body somewhere else. I don't think they would have to travel far to find a heavily wooded gorge or drop off area to toss him where people are unlikely to hike by and see. JMO.

[h=1]Husband, wife indicted in kidnapping case[/h]
5a7b6c77d76e6.image.png

Husband, wife indicted in kidnapping case
Wow Speechless.

First trial dates in Edmondson case set for 2021

Looks like the trials have been posponed again I'm guessing because of Covid but the article doesn't say for sure. I just wish one of them would tell where they put his body so his family can have some closure and lay him to rest properly. I don't understant how so much evil can exist in this world. This man lost his life for what $700 that is pure evil right there I really hope they never get to see the light of day again. I know that won't bring Mr. Edmondson back to his family but at least they won't be able to hurt anyone else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back