Deceased/Not Found NC - Christopher 'Cole' Thomas, 22, Benson, 25 Nov 2016 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No one's stated Cole did meth, not even the two that were making the trip. Given the situation, I see how people could find it possible he could have. I can't remember if it was Cole's vehicle that was being driven? Did they use him for a car and he thought he'd make a quick buck? Why would Cole be driving if one of the passengers were from NC? Maybe he was the only sober one, and the others were on meth? Maybe they're the ones who got paranoid? Wishful thinking, I suppose! I just think it's odd to drive from MN to NC and back to MN for a lot of meth? The chance of being pulled over from a drive from NC to MN would be pretty high, I think. I just can't comprehend that distance, for, and with, drugs. I live in MN, within an hour of where he was working, and I do know meth is a huge problem around my area and very easy to come by. Which is another reason that drive makes no sense, to me at least! (I'm happy with just wine, thankfully)

Me either. She is my sister in law. When I was about 6 months pregnant we were on the way to her grandmother's funeral. She was high which was causing an argument between her, her mom, and her sister. She kept trying to bring me into the argument and they told her to leave me alone because I didn't need the stress. This caused her to unbuckle her seat belt and while we're going 70 MPH she tries to jump out. There were 4 other lanes of traffic. Had my mother in law not swerved and ran up onto the median we would all be dead.

She did this 2 more times during this same car ride. Only she waited until we were stopped at a light. The last time she just took off. Why? Because she was convinced her phone was bugged, that her mom did it, and she urgently needed to alert the police. She also insisted on going to get a new phone right that second. After going to sprint and looking insane she ran off for hours. Eventually some guy on a motorcycle dropped her off because he was afraid of what would happen to her.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My sister is a drug addict, too ... so I understand how you feel. Drug addiction is TOTALLY PREVENTABLE. Just don't start in the first place. That message got through to me loud and clear as a kid (frying egg commercials). The crime and victimization that occurs because of drug use is just sickening. It destroys lives one by one like dominoes. The foster care system is overrun as a result, not to mention prisons, lives lost in accidents, prostitution, human trafficking, drug rage murders, robberies, sexual perversion, unemployment, suicide. Websleuths cases almost always involve drugs in some way.

Thanks for letting me vent. :(

No one's stated Cole did meth, not even the two that were making the trip. Given the situation, I see how people could find it possible he could have. I can't remember if it was Cole's vehicle that was being driven? Did they use him for a car and he thought he'd make a quick buck? Why would Cole be driving if one of the passengers were from NC? Maybe he was the only sober one, and the others were on meth? Maybe they're the ones who got paranoid? Wishful thinking, I suppose! I just think it's odd to drive from MN to NC and back to MN for a lot of meth? The chance of being pulled over from a drive from NC to MN would be pretty high, I think. I just can't comprehend that distance, for, and with, drugs. I live in MN, within an hour of where he was working, and I do know meth is a huge problem around my area and very easy to come by. Which is another reason that drive makes no sense, to me at least! (I'm happy with just wine, thankfully)
I think from msm posts here that Cole's vehicle was not being driven.

Because I thought I knew the answer....Has the information in the following linked article been corrected indicating he left MN with friends? I read it to be he suddenly left MN and traveled to these guys. I obviously missed something!
http://www.suwanneedemocrat.com/new...cle_c3ce5b4e-b66b-11e6-8aab-cfac612eacec.html

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
The latest I read before the drug ordeal.was friends/acquaintances traveling to NC for Thanksgiving.

The latest I read before the drug ordeal.was friends/acquaintances traveling to NC for Thanksgiving.

OK got caught up! Thanks for the info! Totally read right past it.

My thoughts exactly...
If they can't find meth in Roch or the cities there is a problem! Meth is an issue in many areas of SE MN....Well, everywhere to be fair. I'm just not getting this scenario. Being used for the car? For the muscle? Possibly....

OK got caught up! Thanks for the info! Totally read right past it.

Well that info could change since it seems earlier info has changed.

Well that info could change since it seems earlier info has changed.

And that rght there is a huge problem. Stories changing doesn't indicate we have the truth. It didn't come out until much after the fact that meth was even involved. So, at the time the police discovered the car with the acquaintances in it...maybe they had no reason to search them...there was no information given about meth whatsoever at the time???? Correct? Or no?

I live in Johnston county near Benson. Meth is a problem here. I think if they were coming here to buy it, it would be a large supply. Where did the drugs go? Where they in the car, on the boys that were in the car or turned into the police. The area where the guys said he jumped out of the car and ran, is in the downtown part of Benson. Not far from the police station. Did the guys call 911, or the police station (the police station was in walking distance plus if they came off I-95 they may of gone right by it) ? Did the officers just happen to find them? I am sure that someone could find a place to hide in that area but it is not rural it all. It is hard for me to believe that he would not of been found by now. It is a small town and people are aware a person is missing so they would let the police know if they saw or heard anything strange. Where is his cell phone? Has there been any activity? So strange and I have a feeling that Benson may not be the place where he disappeared.

google maps shows 38 mins between Mt. Olive and Benson. Do we know what time he was at the store and what time he went
missing?

No one's stated Cole did meth, not even the two that were making the trip.

I have no idea if he's a user or not. I was just trying to figure out what might cause the bizarre behavior, assuming it actually occurred. I do know I have seen statements from his father that he would not be involved in a drug deal. No one wants to think negatively about their kid though. I just feel it's important to keep an open mind and explore all possibilities.

I have no idea if he's a user or not. I was just trying to figure out what might cause the bizarre behavior, assuming it actually occurred. I do know I have seen statements from his father that he would not be involved in a drug deal. No one wants to think negatively about their kid though. I just feel it's important to keep an open mind and explore all possibilities.

I meant nothing rude by suggesting the opposite! I had just seen a lot of people talking about him and the possibility of using, so I just wanted to state the other side! I can't believe Cole's still missing.

I meant nothing rude by suggesting the opposite!

I wasn't trying to imply you did. Just wanted to clarify that it was only speculation on my part. After reading about how his father believes the drug deal information was someone trying to tarnish his son's reputation, I feel a little bad about continuing that. Although I really don't believe he was a user. He appears to be way to fit and healthy. I just think he may have been forced to if the drug deal actually took place.

Bath salts and alcohol might cause someone to behave like this..........bath salts cause a lot more bizarre behavior than meth does................and I mean bizarre behavior.

Doesn't really explain why he hasn't shown back up though.......

I understand why people are focusing on the two acquaintances, but what really doesn't make any sense is that they themselves came forward to report him missing. Why would they do that if guilty of harming him ? Secondly, why not come up with a much more believable story ?

Bath salts and alcohol might cause someone to behave like this..........bath salts cause a lot more bizarre behavior than meth does................and I mean bizarre behavior.

Doesn't really explain why he hasn't shown back up though.......

I understand why people are focusing on the two acquaintances, but what really doesn't make any sense is that they themselves came forward to report him missing. Why would they do that if guilty of harming him ? Secondly, why not come up with a much more believable story ?

You've got that right. I hope to never cross paths with anyone high on bath salts.

There are 2 different versions of how police became involved. The first was that they went to police to report him missing. The second is an officer noticed the vehicle while it was stopped in the road and approached them. He was given the story that he ran away.

If their account is untrue and they are responsible for his disappearance I could think of a couple reasons why they would do this. If they went to police it was to take the focus off of themselves. Eventually someone would know Cole was missing. Everyone knows they were the past people with him. Who do the police go looking for? Whereas if they report he ran off it's less linked to them.

If the officer approached them it was likely the first thing that came to mind. Running off after a sketchy drug deal is believable. In a way admitting to a drug deal may make them seem more credible. They'd probably rather go to prison for drugs (which seem to have vanished) than murder.

The article above states that local search group CUE has been denied by police and investigators. This tells me they don't think Cole is in the Benson area.

I wonder.
Could the two acquaintances have duped Cole into driving under false pretences. Then Cole suddenly found himself in the midst of a "bid drug deal" and took the first chance he could to run like hell. Then was chased and dealt with by the two? This is, I suppose, the way it could have happened whether Cole was in on the big deal or not.
Failing that, I think he spazzed on drugs that he wasn't used to taking and succumbed to whatever.
If I had to put money on it, I'd bet the two are behind Cole's disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson
Back