Deceased/Not Found NC - Christopher 'Cole' Thomas, 22, Benson, 25 Nov 2016 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi all who are following this thread. I am Cole's Aunt. You can always get info from my fb page find cole thomas. I will be glad to try and answer any questions that I can. Cole is an electrician apprentice and has been traveling all over to different job sites. He resides in FL. His last job site was in MINN. He met 2 guys on that job site. He only knew them for 2 weeks before he went missing. We are not sure why he traveled with them to NC. But were told, one of the guys is from Goldsboro/Dunn and they went to his family's for Thanksgiving dinner. This was later confirmed to be a lie from one of the guys. Cole did not tell any family member he was going to NC. In fact, he told us that he had to be at work first thing Friday morning. So I ask you, why did he go 17 hours one way, knowing he had to be at work the next day? Why didn't he tell any of his family he was going to NC? If he was going anywhere for Thanksgiving, why did he not drive 5 hours to be with his other aunt and cousin, instead of 17 hours? My opinion is that he was "made" to go. What we know: The last known confirmed sighting was by a video camera from Handy Mart in Mt. Olive, NC. In the pic, he is wearing black pants, blue shirt and no coat. There has been no trace or evidence that Cole was even in Benson, except from the 2 guys account. Cole was not in his vehicle, it was still in MINN. The blue chevy blazer belongs to one of the guys. On the night in question, the 2 guys stated that Cole was driving(this is confirmed, he was driving away from store in Mt. Olive), and for some reason became panicked and drove off interstate into Benson, stopped at the intersection of Morgan and Elm St, 1 1/2 blocks from a Police Station, and jumped out and ran off. One story from guy 2, said he followed Cole, they talked for an hour and walked off in different directions., Guy 1 said he stayed in the car and guy 2 came back. A police Officer, walked up to the car and questioned the guys and they told the story of Cole (all mentioned above). Supposedly, the officer and guys searched for Cole, but could not find him. (My opinion?, this is to establish an alibi for the 2 guys, we do not believe Cole was even in Benson). On to the guy's story. They said Cole took off wearing a red shirt, black pants and a black coat. He left his phone and keys to his truck, but took the keys to the blazer with him. Later the keys to the blazer were found under it. Later, it was discovered that guy 1 and 2 went back to MINN, with Cole's phone and keys. when guy 1 came back to NC to be interviewed, a week after Cole went missing, his blazer was searched and Cole's dark green coat was in there. He gave police the green coat, keys and phone. All three phones have been pinged and it was determined that the phones were all together, does not mean that Cole was with his phone, in Benson. About 2 weeks after that, the 2nd guy was brought back to Benson for questioning. Both guys stated there was a drug deal, named who they bought from. There were no drug traces in the vehicle, nor cash and none are in custody for doing a drug deal. As of today, both guys have never been in custody, other than for questioning in the beginning, and are still free. The Benson PD has lead this investigation since day one. Cole's parents have been in Benson, since learning of Cole's disappearance the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The first week after he went missing, CUE, center for missing persons, came to Benson, per the family's request. Cue has been waiting on ready to go in with their own resources. They are 85 percent made up of current law enforcement and retired law enforcement. They have boats, dogs, horses, planes, helicopters, drones, off road vehicles and atvs ready to go and the accreditation of many certificates of training, not to mention, the countless references of other law enforcement, state representatives, governors, <<<< you see where I am going with this? this list is endless. They are from NC, but for some reason, the Benson PD has never heard of them?? They are being denied in to help along side the LE and SBI. The father of Cole has begged and pleaded with the chief to even sit down, face to face with the leader of CUE. Chief refuses. And Chief Edwards, has denied them access numerous times to help. We do not know why, other than he states, " any search organization will contaminate evidence". But he sent out a release to locals to go out and search their property and buildings. Now I am no expert, but which group would contaminate evidence more? Another thing, a warrant was issued for all three phones, based on the report of a person who was not even in NC at the time and who stated that the 2 guys called him and told him what happened to Cole. All these names are listed on the warrant, but only one name was released to carry the burden of proof from the accounts of 3 others, and he is the one missing. Why are the other 3 or even 2 names not being released by the PD, SBI or even the media outlet that leaked that Cole was in Benson doing a big meth deal, that there is NO PROOF OF and cannot be verified because there is no evidence other than what 3 guys said. Let me tell you, Cole has had his problems in the past, he had overcome them and trying to get on his feet with doing this job of electrician apprentice. He graduated, Salutatorian of a class of over 300. He also earned his AA from North Florida Community College while in high school. He received a merit scholarship to the University of Florida where he pursued a major in sports medicine. He is very intelligent and family oriented. He would not just jump out of a vehicle unless he was threatened and feared for his life. And he would not go somewhere, anywhere without letting a family member know. We are a close knit family and never go a day without talking to each other. So, now you know what we know. Hope this clarifies some of your questions. Thanks for listening.

Thanks for sharing, RaRa. What a nightmare for your family.

Hi all who are following this thread. I am Cole's Aunt. You can always get info from my fb page find cole thomas. I will be glad to try and answer any questions that I can. Cole is an electrician apprentice and has been traveling all over to different job sites. He resides in FL. His last job site was in MINN. He met 2 guys on that job site. He only knew them for 2 weeks before he went missing. We are not sure why he traveled with them to NC. But were told, one of the guys is from Goldsboro/Dunn and they went to his family's for Thanksgiving dinner. This was later confirmed to be a lie from one of the guys. Cole did not tell any family member he was going to NC. In fact, he told us that he had to be at work first thing Friday morning. So I ask you, why did he go 17 hours one way, knowing he had to be at work the next day? Why didn't he tell any of his family he was going to NC? If he was going anywhere for Thanksgiving, why did he not drive 5 hours to be with his other aunt and cousin, instead of 17 hours? My opinion is that he was "made" to go. What we know: The last known confirmed sighting was by a video camera from Handy Mart in Mt. Olive, NC. In the pic, he is wearing black pants, blue shirt and no coat. There has been no trace or evidence that Cole was even in Benson, except from the 2 guys account. Cole was not in his vehicle, it was still in MINN. The blue chevy blazer belongs to one of the guys. On the night in question, the 2 guys stated that Cole was driving(this is confirmed, he was driving away from store in Mt. Olive), and for some reason became panicked and drove off interstate into Benson, stopped at the intersection of Morgan and Elm St, 1 1/2 blocks from a Police Station, and jumped out and ran off. One story from guy 2, said he followed Cole, they talked for an hour and walked off in different directions., Guy 1 said he stayed in the car and guy 2 came back. A police Officer, walked up to the car and questioned the guys and they told the story of Cole (all mentioned above). Supposedly, the officer and guys searched for Cole, but could not find him. (My opinion?, this is to establish an alibi for the 2 guys, we do not believe Cole was even in Benson). On to the guy's story. They said Cole took off wearing a red shirt, black pants and a black coat. He left his phone and keys to his truck, but took the keys to the blazer with him. Later the keys to the blazer were found under it. Later, it was discovered that guy 1 and 2 went back to MINN, with Cole's phone and keys. when guy 1 came back to NC to be interviewed, a week after Cole went missing, his blazer was searched and Cole's dark green coat was in there. He gave police the green coat, keys and phone. All three phones have been pinged and it was determined that the phones were all together, does not mean that Cole was with his phone, in Benson. About 2 weeks after that, the 2nd guy was brought back to Benson for questioning. Both guys stated there was a drug deal, named who they bought from. There were no drug traces in the vehicle, nor cash and none are in custody for doing a drug deal. As of today, both guys have never been in custody, other than for questioning in the beginning, and are still free. The Benson PD has lead this investigation since day one. Cole's parents have been in Benson, since learning of Cole's disappearance the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The first week after he went missing, CUE, center for missing persons, came to Benson, per the family's request. Cue has been waiting on ready to go in with their own resources. They are 85 percent made up of current law enforcement and retired law enforcement. They have boats, dogs, horses, planes, helicopters, drones, off road vehicles and atvs ready to go and the accreditation of many certificates of training, not to mention, the countless references of other law enforcement, state representatives, governors, <<<< you see where I am going with this? this list is endless. They are from NC, but for some reason, the Benson PD has never heard of them?? They are being denied in to help along side the LE and SBI. The father of Cole has begged and pleaded with the chief to even sit down, face to face with the leader of CUE. Chief refuses. And Chief Edwards, has denied them access numerous times to help. We do not know why, other than he states, " any search organization will contaminate evidence". But he sent out a release to locals to go out and search their property and buildings. Now I am no expert, but which group would contaminate evidence more? Another thing, a warrant was issued for all three phones, based on the report of a person who was not even in NC at the time and who stated that the 2 guys called him and told him what happened to Cole. All these names are listed on the warrant, but only one name was released to carry the burden of proof from the accounts of 3 others, and he is the one missing. Why are the other 3 or even 2 names not being released by the PD, SBI or even the media outlet that leaked that Cole was in Benson doing a big meth deal, that there is NO PROOF OF and cannot be verified because there is no evidence other than what 3 guys said. Let me tell you, Cole has had his problems in the past, he had overcome them and trying to get on his feet with doing this job of electrician apprentice. He graduated, Salutatorian of a class of over 300. He also earned his AA from North Florida Community College while in high school. He received a merit scholarship to the University of Florida where he pursued a major in sports medicine. He is very intelligent and family oriented. He would not just jump out of a vehicle unless he was threatened and feared for his life. And he would not go somewhere, anywhere without letting a family member know. We are a close knit family and never go a day without talking to each other. So, now you know what we know. Hope this clarifies some of your questions. Thanks for listening.

Hi! Thank you for this information and some clarifications! I'm sorry for everything you and your family have gone through. I'm extremely frustrated with Cole's disappearance, and with law enforcement. I'm not understanding why they wouldn't be searching the two last known locations it has been proven he actually was: Minnesota and Mt. Olive. I think the Benson PD should hand over the information they have to a different law enforcement agency, and see if they can find Cole. It seems this investigation has stalled, and maybe they are not the right individuals to be handling the case. The two last known individuals clearly know the truth, and I pray it weighs heavy on their hearts to come clean.

Thank you for coming here RaRa.

I cannot understand the Benson Police not wanting help from CUE.

I'm very sorry you and your family are going through this RaRa! I agree with vanwr completely! Perhaps there is a conflict of interest where CUE is concerned? I wonder how the police department would feel about Texas Equusearch assisting? Their point of contact is Tim Miller. It may be worth asking about because they are very well equipt in search and recovery. I believe you would need to get approval from law enforcement and you (as family) would need to request assistance from Texas Equusearch directly. It's worth a try!

Aha. Kindest thanks to RaRa! Now I'm thinking that Cole didn't make it as far as we thought!
Time to go back to the beginning and re-interpret everything. RaRa brings valuable insight to us and I want to go back to the start and re-imagine this with Cole not being in Benson at all.

RaRa - Cole seems like a lovely young man. It was once I really looked at his picture that I felt even more sure that the two 'acquaintances' were likely full of ... um ... beans.
I suspect that LE is building their case and extending rope for someone to hang themselves with....

The Caption under the photo says "Benson Police released the last known photos of Cole Thomas, taken from a security camera the night he was reported missing. (Benson Police Department)"

I'm going back to this quote which proves Cole was last seen on a security camera the night he was reported missing, in Benson, at a comvienence store. At what time was this image captured???? How much time exists between this sighting and when the car was dicovered with the aquantences in it, void of Cole? That answer will tighten down the time line. If it's hours...then they all could have traveled elsewhere and contacted this elaborate story. In addition, where does this meth dealer live who has stated Cole flipped out after being asked to undress to find out if he was wearing a wire? It was originally stated they were headed to Durham. That's not far from Benson. Is it possible they made it to Durham and something went wrong? Is it possible the aquaintences lied about the events in Benson? We now know the keys were found under the car. I honestly feel Cole was in Benson at one point but that's not where something went wrong. The aquaintences used Benson because they knew Cole went in the convienece store and was captured on camera. They back tracked to Benson and concocted this story to cover the reality of what actually occurred.

I'm very sorry you and your family are going through this RaRa! I agree with vanwr completely! Perhaps there is a conflict of interest where CUE is concerned? I wonder how the police department would feel about Texas Equusearch assisting? Their point of contact is Tim Miller. It may be worth asking about because they are very well equipt in search and recovery. I believe you would need to get approval from law enforcement and you (as family) would need to request assistance from Texas Equusearch directly. It's worth a try!

Sorry to quote myself. Here's a link to Texas Eqquasearch. Keep in mind they work cases outside of Texas all the time.

http://www.texasequusearch.org

I'm going back to this quote which proves Cole was last seen on a security camera the night he was reported missing, in Benson, at a comvienence store. At what time was this image captured???? How much time exists between this sighting and when the car was dicovered with the aquantences in it, void of Cole? That answer will tighten down the time line. If it's hours...then they all could have traveled elsewhere and contacted this elaborate story. In addition, where does this meth dealer live who has stated Cole flipped out after being asked to undress to find out if he was wearing a wire? It was originally stated they were headed to Durham. That's not far from Benson. Is it possible they made it to Durham and something went wrong? Is it possible the aquaintences lied about the events in Benson? We now know the keys were found under the car. I honestly feel Cole was in Benson at one point but that's not where something went wrong. The aquaintences used Benson because they knew Cole went in the convienece store and was captured on camera. They back tracked to Benson and concocted this story to cover the reality of what actually occurred.
My understanding the last time Cole was seen on camera was a stop at a store in Mt. Holly? I could be wrong but I'm not sure if he was ever caught on camera in Benson.
Possibly, Mt. Holly released the video to Benson?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Problems or not in the past. Cole is missing.

My understanding the last time Cole was seen on camera was a stop at a store in Mt. Holly? I could be wrong but I'm not sure if he was ever caught on camera in Benson.

Thank you for clarifying. Mt. Hollly (near Charlotte) is three hours from Benson. That's where Cole was last seen. So anywhere from Mt. Holly to Durham is a possibility. Time stamps at the convince store in Mt. Holly to the time the car was found in Benson should tighten down the timeline.

I agree that no one's skipping Illinois/Indiana/Missouri even Iowa to make a "major" meth purchase in BFE NC from Minnesota. Also, in Minnesota you're right next door to the largest meth consumption site in the US: the Bakken fields in ND.

Thanks to the influx of cheap mexican cartel meth, most domestic meth production interdicted by LE these days is of the small-scale, "one-pot" cooking operation.

No word on whether our President-Elect plans to take a stand against the influx of cheap mexican meth displacing hard-working American meth producers.

Thank you for clarifying. Mt. Hollly (near Charlotte) is three hours from Benson. That's where Cole was last seen. So anywhere from Mt. Holly to Durham is a possibility. Time stamps at the convince store in Mt. Holly to the time the car was found in Benson should tighten down the timeline.
I could be wrong... but just what I took away from the information presented.

I agree that no one's skipping Illinois/Indiana/Missouri even Iowa to make a "major" meth purchase in BFE NC from Minnesota. Also, in Minnesota you're right next door to the largest meth consumption site in the US: the Bakken fields in ND.

Thanks to the influx of cheap mexican cartel meth, most domestic meth production interdicted by LE these days is of the small-scale, "one-pot" cooking operation.

No word on whether our President-Elect plans to take a stand against the influx of cheap mexican meth displacing hard-working American meth producers.
Thinking...just my own thoughts...perhaps it was a sale vs purchase? Moo
Just trying to make some sense of what happened?
I do know Goldsboro area is in nowhere land. We were stationed there.
But...that small town had one bar outside the base and every guy entering one night was being patted down by security and this was back before 2011.
That is all I have, for now?

The article I'm linking states, "police did not disclose the location of the convienence store."

http://www.jocoreport.com/2017/01/03/over-40-officers-conduct-search-for-missing-man/

I have spent a lot of time looking for where the convienence store was located and can't find any clarification. If anyone can find an article that states the convienence store was located in Mt. Holly or Mt. Olive please provide a link.

The article I'm linking states, "police did not disclose the location of the convienence store."

http://www.jocoreport.com/2017/01/03/over-40-officers-conduct-search-for-missing-man/

I have spent a lot of time looking for where the convienence store was located and can't find any clarification. If anyone can find an article that states the convienence store was located in Mt. Holly or Mt. Olive please provide a link.
Oops let me clear up my mistake. Being military, living in many places and awake before the chickens. I said Mt Holly but instead meant MT. OLIVE. (we lived near mt. Holly in nj and MT. OLIVE in NC. Sorry for that mix up.

Without looking...I want to say the Dad of Cole or the family page mentioned MT. OLIVE. I will go look in a few.

This is the first I found stating Cole was last seen in MT. OLIVE on the Find Cole Thomas website
https://www.facebook.com/findcolethomas/

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1079320552176442&substory_index=0&id=1054729364635561

Oops let me clear up my mistake. Being military, living in many places and awake before the chickens. I said Mt Holly but instead meant MT. OLIVE. (we lived near mt. Holly in nj and MT. OLIVE in NC. Sorry for that mix up.

Without looking...I want to say the Dad of Cole or the family page mentioned MT. OLIVE. I will go look in a few.

This is the first I found stating Cole was last seen in MT. OLIVE on the Find Cole Thomas website
https://www.facebook.com/findcolethomas/

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1079320552176442&substory_index=0&id=1054729364635561

Thank you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes