Found Deceased NC - Devin Clark, 18, Lyric Woods, 14, found murdered after going missing in Alamance Co., 16 Sep 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE on LW's father: "Woods' father, Brady Woods, was contacted by the sheriff's office and helped in the search."
Reports: Teens found dead on trail may have been in car with a third person

Not really "normal" for that to be the only mention.. MOO.
It sounds like Lyric maybe lived mostly with mom & stepdad, so maybe dad wasn’t totally in the picture. The reporting leaves a lot to be desired. They update the article with new details every so often, but the editing is sloppy.

How do you know there are lots of Confederate flags? Are you local?
Yes, I am very familiar with the area, and I can imagine there would be a group of people who would feel a certain way about seeing a Black man with a White girl. But I can’t really get behind this theory. Why shoot them both?

It’s hard to think of a motive for killing two teenagers…the only other thing that comes to mind is drugs, but that doesn’t seem right either.

Clearly they still take their Southern heritage seriously in Alamance County if there are Confederate statues around town. It seems a reasonable inference that there might be residents who choose to display the Confederate flag, and there may even be some who take offense at folks who are perceived to be in interracial relationships.

But echoing @Lusitana’s question, I am curious about how the two teens were acquainted (given that they attended different schools).

As a parent of a teen in this same area, this is extremely alarming. I hope the two jurisdictions can work well together (Alamance and Orange counties). I imagine Orange will have the lead since that is where they were found. May resolution be swift.

I did note in the news report above that the only thing of Lyric's that was missing when she was discovered missing was her iPad. Then later on in the article it says the police seized her iPad. I wonder if that means it was found with her at the scene?
I would assume that they seized it from her home so that they could look at web cache, web history, electronic communications, etc. An ipad seems like a bulky thing to carry if you are running off to meet friends for the evening.

Is there a possibility this was a murder/suicide situation? I know there’s mention of another man maybe being with them but I wonder if it’s been verified by video. In that case, of course the gun would have been found at the scene. Just throwing that out there…
A neighbor heard gunshots and LE didn't state that a weapon was located.

Clearly they still take their Southern heritage seriously in Alamance County if there are Confederate statues around town. It seems a reasonable inference that there might be residents who choose to display the Confederate flag, and there may even be some who take offense at folks who are perceived to be in interracial relationships.

But echoing @Lusitana’s question, I am curious about how the two teens were acquainted (given that they attended different schools).

How big of a town is this?

There's so many different directions this could go. I hope they release more information soon.

I haven't seen any warnings for locals to stay vigilant or anything. LE must have a good idea who is responsible and what happened....right?
You would think. Like someone upthread said, they saw them getting into a vehicle with a male. What kind of vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025