Found Deceased NC - Devin Clark, 18, Lyric Woods, 14, found murdered after going missing in Alamance Co., 16 Sep 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t help but think that it was a bad idea to announce that a suspect has been identified, before they were in custody. This 17 year old could easily be anywhere by now.

Coincidentally, 2 teens were arrested for the shooting death of 2 16 year old boys in August. This was in Graham, which is just down the road from where they found Devin and Lyric, but in Alamance County.

Graham Police Arrest 2 Minors

Last edited:

A man who lives near the area where the bodies were found, told ABC 11 he’d heard “close to 10 shots” fired from what sounded like an “automatic gun” a few days ago.

After pausing for a second, he said, “five more shots went off.”

This seems to be personal.

This is from yesterday, I can't find anything that says she has been able to see the body, does anybody know if family has seen him? It was updated today.

Why is Alamance County handling Devin’s case but not Lyric’s???

I can’t help but think that it was a bad idea to announce that a suspect has been identified, before they were in custody. This 17 year old could easily be anywhere by now.

Coincidentally, 2 teens were arrested for the shooting death of 2 16 year old boys in August. This was in Graham, which is just down the road from where they found Devin and Lyric, but in Alamance County.

Graham Police Arrest 2 Minors
IMO, LE probably knows where the suspect is but they are not able to reveal the information based on both his age and other privacy laws.

We had a similar situation when police identified their suspect but did not apprehend the person for a few days in the NH massacre of a mother and her two little boys inside the family home.

Because she lived in Orange County and that's where she was picked up by her killer?
The article says Alamance County is handling Devin’s case but that Orange County issues the petition for the 17 yr old suspect. I would think the case would be handled principally by the county in which the crime occurred. I can’t imagine there would have been two crime scenes…

That is a great question!

I heard on the news (can’t remember if it was before or after they were found) that Orange County had asked FBI to assist. I don’t necessarily find that unusual.

I wonder if LE is thinking there is some kind of connection between the 2 16 year old boys from last month who were shot in Graham, which is in Alamance County.

IMO
MOO

That is a great question!

I heard on the news (can’t remember if it was before or after they were found) that Orange County had asked FBI to assist. I don’t necessarily find that unusual.

I wonder if LE is thinking there is some kind of connection between the 2 16 year old boys from last month who were shot in Graham, which is in Alamance County.

IMO
MOO

I think this is just sloppy reporting. (MOO, of course) The reporter contradicts herself, stating in one spot that Alamance is handling Devin’s case and then stating that OCSO issued the petition for the suspect Devin’s murder.

And I would totally expect FBI, US Marshals, etc to be involved and supportive of the lead jurisdiction! They have their hands full!

Because she lived in Orange County and that's where she was picked up by her killer?
Their bodies were found in the same place. Were they murdered in separate places? If not, I don’t see any reason for separating the jurisdictions.

IMO, LE probably knows where the suspect is but they are not able to reveal the information based on both his age and other privacy laws.

We had a similar situation when police identified their suspect but did not apprehend the person for a few days in the NH massacre of a mother and her two little boys inside the family home.

I agree. Nothing LE have said gives me any reason to believe that the wanted juvenile has fled, and his whereabouts are unknown. I feel comfortable that LE are aware of his every move, and will take him into custody, without any issues, whenever they are ready to. I do not know why he has not been charged yet, but I assume that LE have valid reasons, perhaps taking extra caution, dotting i's and crossing t's, as suspect is a juvi. JMO

Sleuthers,
It’s fine to compare another case to this tragedy, but please keep the focus on the 2 young people this thread is about. If you post about another case, please begin your post with references to THIS case. It is confusing to read a post that is mostly about another crime, and it does not respect the victims of THIS crime. If you could be mindful about that, it would help the discussion move more smoothly.

Thanks for thinking about it.

CocoChanel
admin/mod

Question: Is it possible that the man they brought to hospital the day before their bodies were found very close by, is the suspect, and he just isn’t ‘booked’ because he’s still in hospital? Or would they be able to officialy arrest him while in hospital/operation/icu/…? MOO, hypothetical question

Question: Is it possible that the man they brought to hospital the day before their bodies were found very close by, is the suspect, and he just isn’t ‘booked’ because he’s still in hospital? Or would they be able to officialy arrest him while in hospital/operation/icu/…? MOO, hypothetical question
Yes. He wouldn't be going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member