Found Deceased NC - Diana Alejandra Keel, 38, car parked at home, Nashville, Nash County, 8 Mar 2019 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost certain it was the daughter who reported her missing. I agree that there have been many times in the past where POI's were released. But I can't help but think this guy might be a flight risk, if he thinks the cops might be onto him this time. But he may be self-centered enough to think he's gotten away with it (again). I would imagine someone in LE is covertly tailing him.
I’m not worried about him being a flight risk, as much as I am concerned about him potentially being a suicide risk.

Oh there’s no doubt, he can’t make a move without being watched. He’s being watched by law enforcement, and likely has a gps locator on his vehicle.

Nash County Sheriff's Office

Nothing new really, says autopsy was completed and still no positive ID yet
One thing they did mention though is that ex wife hit her forehead, I was thinking she must have fell BACKWARDS.. how do you slip on ice and fall hard enough on your forehead to die? Seems even more strange now.

One thing they did mention though is that ex wife hit her forehead, I was thinking she must have fell BACKWARDS.. how do you slip on ice and fall hard enough on your forehead to die? Seems even more strange now.
Yeah, that’s spectacularly unusual.

Ominous as all hell now.

People put their hands out to break a forward fall.

Backwards, it’s plausible, but still requires a pretty perfect impact on just the right surface.

NCSO Presser -
Release Date/Time:
03/13/2019 @ 5:15 PM

Date of Incident:
03/09/2019 @ 7:36 PM

Incident:
Missing Person (Update # 1)
Diana Alejandra Keel
38 YO Hispanic Female

200 block of Old County Home Rd in Nashville NC

SHERIFF’S OFFICE CONTINUE SEARCHING FOR CLUES ON MISSING NASHVILLE WOMAN

Nashville, NC- On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at approximately 7:36 P.M., Nash County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the 200 block of Old County Home Road in Nashville for a call for service regarding a missing person report.

The missing person, Diana Alejandra Keel, 38-year old Hispanic Female, was last seen by her husband, Rexford Lynn Keel, on Friday, 03/08/2019. According to Diana Alejandra Keel’s employer, she had not reported to work in the last few days. Diana Alejandra Keel’s vehicle is still parked at the residence. Diana Alejandra Keel is described as 5’2” in height, approximately 150 pounds with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Detectives followed-up on an incident occurring back on 01/01/2006 involving Rexford Lynn Keel and his former wife, Elizabeth Edward Keel. The 2006 incident was also reported to have occurred at the same address as the current missing person with regards to Diana Alejandra Keel. The 2006 incident was classified as a death investigation. Dr. Dourty of the medical examiner's office conducted the forensic autopsy. Dr. Dourty declared the death of Elizabeth Edward Keel as an accidental death based on the blunt trauma to the head from falling and striking her forehead on the corner of the Keel’s front concrete steps of their home.

On Tuesday, March 12, 2019, North Carolina Department of Transportation employees working outside the Town of Leggett in Edgecombe County located the body of a female. Leggett is approximately 30 minutes from Nashville, NC.

A forensic autopsy was completed today at Vidant Medical Center in Greenville, NC. A Nash County Sheriff’s Office Detective was present to observe the forensic autopsy and assist with evidence collection. Tissue samples along with blood work and fingerprints were obtained to aid in the identification of the individual.

At this time, there is no positive identification of the female body located by North Carolina Department of Transportation employees.

Nash County Sheriff’s Office detectives continue to conduct further interviews, follow-up on incoming leads, and review evidence to determine what happened and the whereabouts of Diana Alejandra Keel.

This missing person investigation is still ongoing by the detectives of the Nash County Sheriff’s Office. Any information related to this missing person investigation can be relayed to the Nash County Sheriff’s Office at (252) 459- 4121 or Twin County Crime Stoppers at (252) 977-1111.

At this time, there is no scheduled press conference on behalf of the Nash County Sheriff’s Office. No further information at this time.

So, the ex-wife died on New Year’s day. Do we know at what time? Just trying to evaluate if alcohol played a role (not necessarily on her end).
It would have helped sell the story.

If toxicology came back positive for intoxicating levels of alcohol, then I could see law enforcement and the coroner, being more willing to accept her death as coming as the result of a freak accident.

So I wouldn’t be surprised.

It's possible but they've made it seem like it's very likely it is. I wonder if she had some identifiable jewelry or clothing.
Yeah. They clearly believe it is her, which means that her body has something that allows for preliminary identification.

That could be clothing, jewelry, maybe a tattoo, or simply that it really looks like her, despite decomposition.

It would have helped sell the story.

If toxicology came back positive for intoxicating levels of alcohol, then I could see law enforcement and the coroner, being more willing to accept her death as coming as the result of a freak accident.

So I wouldn’t be surprised.

Do you think an autopsy was done on the 1st wife?

Do you think an autopsy was done on the 1st wife?
Different places have varying protocols for this type of thing, but I think it’s more probable than not.

Had she been elderly, probably not.

Had they been convinced this was an accident, maybe not.

I’ve seen some cases where you’d think an autopsy would be standard, and it simply wasn’t done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member