GUILTY NC - Diana Keel, 38, found deceased, mutilated, Nashville, 8 Mar 2019 *husband arrested* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lots of details in the article that we have not heard much about.
If anyone knows a better media/news source, please point me there so I can save it for the Case Archive.

Some of the details:

* Nash County Senior Superior Court Judge Quentin Sumner moved the trial to Pitt County due to the amount of news coverage in Nash County.

* Public defender Matthew Geoffrion asked that the trial be postponed. The lawyer said in his motion that a potential jury forced to deliberate in close quarters during the coronavirus pandemic might blame his client.

* Geoffrion also asked for a pretrial hearing to determine how many of the 200 photos and a video of Diana Keel’s mutilated and decomposed body should be shown to the jury.

* Diana Keel died as a result of multiple blunt force injuries and stab wounds to her neck area consistent with chopping motions that left her head nearly severed.

* Geoffrion asked the trial judge to suppress the fact that his client is indigent and needs court-appointed legal representation.

* Geoffrion filed a motion to suppress statements from an unidentified witness who saw a man and woman arguing on the Keels’ porch the morning Diana Keel vanished because the witness couldn’t provide a detailed description of the man authorities say was Lynn Keel.

* Geoffrion also wants the trial judge to bar any mention of Lynn Keel’s first wife. Investigators continue to look into the death of Elizabeth Bess Edwards Keel, 42, who died of head trauma in 2006.

* Lynn Keel married Diana, known as Ali to her friends, less than a year after his first wife died.

Lots of details in the article that we have not heard much about.
If anyone knows a better media/news source, please point me there so I can save it for the Case Archive.

Some of the details:

* Nash County Senior Superior Court Judge Quentin Sumner moved the trial to Pitt County due to the amount of news coverage in Nash County.

* Public defender Matthew Geoffrion asked that the trial be postponed. The lawyer said in his motion that a potential jury forced to deliberate in close quarters during the coronavirus pandemic might blame his client.

* Geoffrion also asked for a pretrial hearing to determine how many of the 200 photos and a video of Diana Keel’s mutilated and decomposed body should be shown to the jury.

* Diana Keel died as a result of multiple blunt force injuries and stab wounds to her neck area consistent with chopping motions that left her head nearly severed.

* Geoffrion asked the trial judge to suppress the fact that his client is indigent and needs court-appointed legal representation.

* Geoffrion filed a motion to suppress statements from an unidentified witness who saw a man and woman arguing on the Keels’ porch the morning Diana Keel vanished because the witness couldn’t provide a detailed description of the man authorities say was Lynn Keel.

* Geoffrion also wants the trial judge to bar any mention of Lynn Keel’s first wife. Investigators continue to look into the death of Elizabeth Bess Edwards Keel, 42, who died of head trauma in 2006.

* Lynn Keel married Diana, known as Ali to her friends, less than a year after his first wife died.
Yes lots of new info. The other thing I didn’t realize is they have a young daughter

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSP MORSE
Back