GUILTY NC - Diana Keel, 38, found deceased, mutilated, Nashville, 8 Mar 2019 *husband arrested* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just checked for any news & nothing since March, 2019. Ho-hum. Is LE busy with other things? No more leads on this case? Dunno.
Thanks for the bump!

I thought this was a pretty big case for their area. Then the man was found running on a cross country trip not far from the Mexican border. I sure hope he is still behind bars. Who would know? Tsk, where is the news these days??

Another 11 days gone by.

Where are our tabloids?

This could be up there with Drew Peterson. Two wives, both crazy stories, one with a turkey and a man running for probably the Mexican border when he was arrested thank goodness.

Jmo.

Keel indicted for wife's murder - Rocky Mount Telegram

Lynn Keel, 57, was indicted by a grand jury on Monday on a charge of murdering Diana Keel, 38, court officials in Nashville told the Telegram.
The action means Lynn Keel will either have to try to reach a plea agreement with the District Attorney’s Office or face a jury trial.

Encouraging to hear this. I do wonder if they are making any progress at looking back at the first wife's death still though.

Regardless, he is finally charged with murder and that is good news.

Jmo.

Nash woman whose husband is charged with her murder was beaten to death, autopsy finds :: WRAL.com

Reading between the lines, it looks like he beat her with an axe.

She had suffered a number of blows to her head by both a blunt-force object and a sharp object, leaving her with "extensive skull fractures" and brain injuries, as well as cuts to her face, neck and scalp, according to the autopsy report.

"The characteristics of the sharp force injuries were consistent with 'chop-type' wounds. Therefore, it is possible that both the sharp and blunt force injuries could have been the result of a single instrument," the report states.

Last edited:
Oh my! How absolutely horrific. He deserves the max sentence, whatever that may be. DP would be nice for him. Thanks Amanda, for the update. So sad indeed.

You are right ABSOLUTELY HORRIFYING.
I hope his ego is so big he opts for trial myself.
NC doesn't play.

RIH Diana ❤

You are right ABSOLUTELY HORRIFYING.
I hope his ego is so big he opts for trial myself.
NC doesn't play.

RIH Diana ❤

I hope so too and I'm glad to hear that NC doesn't play around. I hope the death penalty is on the table, because if anybody deserves it, he does. Evil, evil being.
Rest in peace, lovely Diana.

Horrific describes it. He even took out her left eye. I imagine she suffered many times living with a man so full of rage.

Nash County missing woman found dead in March died from blunt force trauma, stab wounds: Autopsy report

Wednesday, ABC11 obtained a copy of Diana Keel's autopsy. The report said the 38-year-old woman suffered multiple skull fractures, internal bleeding and stab wounds to her face and neck. Her lung was also punctured and she was missing her left eye.

At the time of her death, friends of Diana Keel's said her husband was extremely controlling and did not let her spend time alone with anyone.

Lynn Keel is expected to be in court Thursday.

His trial is set to begin July 27 in Pitt County.

State won't seek death penalty in nurse's killing

The murder trial of a Nash County man accused of killing his wife, a Wilson Medical Center nurse, most likely won’t begin until next year.

Lynn Rex Keel, 57, faces life in prison in the brutal March 2019 stabbing death of his 38-year-old wife, Diana Alejandra Keel.

Prosecutors announced during a recent hearing that the state won’t seek the death penalty. In North Carolina, the only two allowable punishments for first-degree murder are death or life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991
Back