NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But they didn't just have custody, she was their legally adopted daughter, right? So there's nothing that bio mom could have done to regain custody of Erica, since it wasn't a foster situation or a temporary guardianship, or anything like that. Once a child is adopted, the bio parents lose any rights they had and there's no risk of the child being returned to them. Unless I'm misunderstanding the adoption/custody situation of this family (or adoption/custody in general, since I have no personal experience with it.)

Generally I'd say you are correct, but maybe they thought Erica would rat them out on the abuse that reports say she suffered.

Originally Posted by betterthaniusedtobe
With all due respect, I take offense to the torches and pitchforks comment. Its not like anyone is out to villify some innocent, upstanding couple that just happened to misplace their child. These people NEVER reported EP missing, Not once in their media tour have they said they loved EP, or missed her, or cry, beg and plead with the fairytale Nan to please bring their child back! But then, what decent and loving parent would have just gave away their child?? Imo these prized individuals deserve all the annoyance, torches and pitchforks they encounter until they tell the truth and lead the way to, imo, EP's resting place.
I certainly did not mean to offend you or anyone else personally. However, it is my understanding that site is for sleuthing, or, using information to solve crimes. However, I do not think that commenting on their poor parenting skills ad nauseum without connecting it with facts to solve the mystery of what happened to Erica does much to promote discussion.

commenting on parenting skills in this case is absolutely indicative to discussing a crime. these parenting skills factor into the disappearance of little erica. when a spouse is killed/missing and a child is killed/missing, the first person looked at his the surviving spouse/parents.

next, we are discussing the facts. the facts show bad parenting and bad people. obviously there is a lot we don't know. but there is a good amount that we do now which is being discussed.

facts are: both parents have lied, according to other family members and law enforcement.

facts are: both parents have showed absolutely no emotions or love in regards to little Erica nor show any concern for her wellbeing.

facts are: both parents have a history of criminal behavior.

same goes for the casey Anthony case. im sure you would never say that her parenting skills and her behaviors were not worthy of discussion.

Hi, I've been reading for a while, and I registered when I saw someone asking about cadaver dogs, and just how good they are? I follow the Maddie McCann case in the UK, and there is a youtube video that shows just how good these dogs are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wtcMVmSZXwY

I hope I've done that link correctly, and apologies if it's no use to anyone, but I was amazed when I saw it.

that is a pretty controversial topic lol
you can find information all over the net to support either side of the argument. I remember during the little lisa case (I followed it on another site) there was some serious argument (respectfully) over the reliability of cadaver dogs.

I myself am neutral as there is just TOO much info out there supporting both sides.

First, let me preface my comments by stating that it is my OPINION that Erica is no longer living and most likely perished at the hands of her adoptive parents.

The above-referenced quote has been respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

The bolded portion of the quote is what baffles me also.

By all accounts, CP did not like Erica, treated her poorly, even to the point of allegedly abusing her, and being unreasonable in punishing her.

CarP reportedly attempted to have contact with Erica but was rebuffed by CP.

If CP had such negative feelings towards Erica, and CarP was interested in having a relationship with Erica, then why didn't CP allow CarP to maintain/establish a relationship with Erica, or even allow CarP to regain custody of Erica?

It seems to me that relinquishing a few hundred dollars a month would be much more humane and sensible than having a potential murder charge, plus all of the related charges, (such as relate to the alleged abuse and the financial crimes) hanging over one's head. This doesn't even take into account the potential of spending years and years locked up within the confines of a state and/or federal prison upon conviction of said crimes.

Was it only because of the money that CP and SP were receiving for retaining custody of Erica and not wanting to lose that income that Erica and CarP were not permitted to associate with one another?

What other reason(s) could there be that CP would disallow CarP and Erica to have any contact?

If Erica was being abused, ad lots of family members on both sides are claiming that was the case, then she would need to be isolated from all or she might spill the beans causing an investigation? There would be questions about marks, bruises, etc?

I think they did not want the money flow stopped if they gave her back to bio family members (mom or the fictitious Nan) AND because to allow CarP contact was to risk being reported for abuse, which I have a feeling would affect the moneys Erica brought into the household but I suspect other finances relating to other possible benefits being collected by the household which might be tied to the number of dependent children in the home.

Just jumping off yours. :)

NBC Charlotte ‏@wcnc 7m
RT @RBerkywcnc: Parsons family moved another load out of their home. Two dogs still here. @wcnc #EricaParsons

BSyyXBlCAAAkL-z.jpg

https://twitter.com/RBerkywcnc/statu...597120/photo/1

Hi, I've been reading for a while, and I registered when I saw someone asking about cadaver dogs, and just how good they are? I follow the Maddie McCann case in the UK, and there is a youtube video that shows just how good these dogs are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wtcMVmSZXwY

I hope I've done that link correctly, and apologies if it's no use to anyone, but I was amazed when I saw it.

:welcome: Thanks for posting this.^ I believe search and rescue and cadaver dogs are amazing and can be an asset to investigators. Jmo

From the WSOC article:

The Parsons’ attorney said they moved to Fayetteville to get away from the media attention and to be closer to their oldest son, Sandy Jr., who is stationed at Fort Bragg with his wife.

“It has something to do with their son, who is in the Army,” Sherrill said.

But he said that doesn’t mean Casey and Sandy have forgotten about the search for Erica.

He said their pleas on national television for her to just call, to come home, remain just as strong even if they have left Erica’s last known residence.

“All the signs say call the Sheriff’s Office, call the FBI, let them know, they will put her in touch with us,” Sherrill said.

The part bolded by me, what the heck is he talking about? They never asked for Erica to come home.

Erica is finally getting the attention she deserved to receive.
Unconditional love and caring from everyone that wants to find her.

IS SOMEONE - ANYONE - going to RESCUE THOSE DOGS or will they just keep on taking pictures ??? SHEESH!

Perhaps something happened to Erica (death, trafficking, etc.), so adoptive momster had to "stop contact" because Erica was gone. After all, the date she claims she dropped Erica off doesn't necessarily mean that's the date she disappeared. It's also possible that there were signs of abuse that she didn't want the bio mom to see or for Erica to tell her about (if they became close enough for Erica to confide in her.)

I agree with this. I think Erica died (sorry to say this, but it would be miraculous if she's alive) earlier than they say she went missing. I suspect that she died early in 2011, shortly before they moved to the residence they've just fled. I think she's buried in the back-yard of their last house (CP was too quick to dare LE to dig up their yard, and said she's "not in *this* yard"), and that's the reason they moved. A possible motive for Casey and Sandy lying about the date she disappeared could be to throw LE off the trail of the house they moved out of in April 2011 (IIRC)

This may be why CarP was given the impression that she wasn't being allowed contact - Erica wasn't there any more. The theory that she "went missing" earlier than stated would also explain why in photos Erica looks so small for a supposed nearly-14 year old - 10 months or so can make a big difference at that age, considering she was a late developer.

When a couple of years have gone by, it's easy for people (ie the older brother) to not recall times and dates in the correct order, especially if that person doesn't have a steady job to give them a reference for their memory (I don't know whether he had a job or college or not).

Alternatively, they could have been keeping her away from her birth mother to prevent her confiding about the abuse.

-----------------

About the oven and fridge being moved - maybe these appliances were used in some way for disposal after the crime, and the Parsonses (can't get used to that spelling) are taking them to clean them up, or get rid of them without LE noticing.

I think the adoptive parents need to read up on fraud related to collecting monies from a child who has been abandoned.

What other reason(s) could there be that CP would disallow CarP and Erica to have any contact?

rsbm

Obviously, every person/family is different. However, my husband was adopted at birth. His birth mom would love to meet his adoptive mom to thank her for loving him, raising him, etc.
Adoptive mom... whole different ballgame. Blows my ever lovin' mind... I have no words... no understanding... she feels nothing but disgust and hatred for birthmom. So, perhaps, just maybe there was something similar going on? idk. blows my mind, really. my aunt adopted her kids and has nothing but gratitude for the birthmoms!

IS SOMEONE - ANYONE - going to RESCUE THOSE DOGS or will they just keep on taking pictures ??? SHEESH!

At this point we don't know if the dogs need to be rescued. I do think this family is negligent and most likely responsible for the end of Erica's life. But the fact that they left the dogs behind for a day or two does not mean anything. When we were in the process of moving to a new home that was less than an hour away, we left some of our animals behind to move on the last day. It could be simply that they only have a few dog crates, so they are moving a few at a time. It is better for the dogs if they move them safely, which might mean individual dog carriers, rather than loading them all into a car/truck and risk having them injured.

Note, that one of the media stations said they heard dogs barking from the garage. Those two dogs are probably not the only dogs left on the property. A lot of people in NC raise their dogs outside, never letting them in the house. When I moved to NC, this was new to me. Our dogs are raised mostly in the house and let out when they need to "go". Also the animal control/cruelty laws are pretty lax down here.

The neighbors seem involved (in a good way, I mean), I hope they will make sure the dogs are fed/watered, and call animal services if needed.

I raised her and she wanted to go live with grandmother and that was fine. And now she don't want to come home, don't want to call."

Dude, seriously. What grandmother?

***Slapping on my wire horns and fetching my pitchfork to play the devil's advocate here...***

So, Erica has left the comforts of her somewhat dysfunctional home to go live with, who she assumes, is her long lost biological meemaw. Meemaw Irene is exceptionally nice and gives her all that she could wish for....in the beginning. Then things go a little sideways and a bunch of hinky things start happening. But, oh the clothes are nice and she just can't describe the inexplicable euphoria she has felt since she left the Parsons' house. But in moments of lucidity, Erica cannot understand why Meemaw has turned so mean (much meaner than CP) and why she can't call home. Maybe everything Meemaw and Strawberry has said about SP and CP are true?

Maybe Erica is trapped in a basement like the one found in Ohio, and CP un/wittingly delivered her to the woman who brought her there.

Maybe CP was aware of what she was agreeing to, but only to a certain extent and now she is scared to admit a little bit without being implicated for a lot?

***now tearing off dollar store horns and the cheap, red, stuffy cape!***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member