NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time I took off for a temporary change of scenery, I brought a suitcase. I didn't pack my refrigerator and stove.

Just saying...

My thoughts exactly! Doesn't their son have a refrigerator?!

BBM

Floridamomma, if you check the definition of bribe or bribery, you will find that a bribe is an inducement to do something illegal or immoral. School assignments are generally neither! (I suppose that does depend on the kinda' school you're operating, there....) Providing an incentive for desired activity is what you describe.

Think about a paycheck -- is that a bribe? Nope. Swimming after assignments is the same as a paycheck, incentive for desired activity.

Sounds like you're a competent educator to me!

:seeya:

Now, back to our regularly scheduled topic:

Where's Erica, you two???

Laughing

you are awesome! i love learning definitions... I'm thrilled to learn this. the definition of tragedy is one that is misused constantly.

btw, we went swimming! :)

The dog in the yard looked like izzy the one she had for sale. That she supposedly loved to death! It wasnt fixed so it must have been a breeder. moo :scared::facepalm:

Some people would consider me a bad mother because when my daughter was 17 years old she decided she wasn't going to go to school and thought she could just take off and go anywhere she wanted to go. As I told her, "Not in my household and as long as your under the age of 18 years of age you will go to school and you will abide by the rules." She didn't think I could do anything to stop her from doing what she wanted to do, but the next time she decided she wasn't going play by the rules she was being arrested and being put on house arrest until the day she graduated which was in May of 2005 and she turned 18 years of age the December prior. The judge hit her hard and today she's tell you it was the best thing I ever did. I hate to say it but it was the hardest decision I ever made, but I loved my daughter with all my heart and wanted her to have a chance in life. Needless to say, these parents don't even seem to care what happened to this young sweet girl. It is so sad and it doesn't sound like this you girl caused any problems except for what the parents want you to believe.

Tough love! God bless you for doing what was best for your child! I'm sure you probably got bashed a time or two. Wish there were more parents out there like you :rockon:

Informational news piece on FBI investigations in general and some insights on this case.

http://www.wcnc.com/home/Former-FBI-Asst--221425901.html

Swecker noted the Parsonses have already admitted to committing a federal crime. They received state benefits each month for Erica, because they adopted a child with special needs.

Swecker added the potential for federal fraud charges could later act as a bargaining chip for the agents.

I really hope that the media camp outside the new place of residence. Keep them frazzled and on edge. They don't deserve a minutes peace. Imo.

The last time I took off for a temporary change of scenery, I brought a suitcase. I didn't pack my refrigerator and stove.

Just saying...

My temporary change of scenery never required renting a U-Haul.

I feel there's more to come that we won't hear about till much later. The crime labs are sifting through evidence seized from the search warrants and it just takes time to do all the forensics. Not to mention the computer cataloging and phone records that need obtained and sifted through, this case is in it's early stages. IMO

For those interested, I'm posting a link to the Adam Herrman case. It is very similar to this case. A sibling went to LE when they got older. All LE could do is bring charges of fraud. Poor Adam is still missing.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77464&highlight=adam

What happened to Adam Herrman the unresolved question
http://www.kansas.com/2011/06/17/1896562/adoptive-parents-of-missing-boy.html

There is also the case of Aarone Thompson, not reported missing for years. The DA in her case stacked as many charges as he could. Arrone is still missing.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88192&page=2&highlight=aarone+thompson

My thoughts exactly! Doesn't their son have a refrigerator?!

Just my personal opinion, but I have a feeling that Casey just might be the "Mother-in-law from hell." I'm sure their son and his wife are trying to help but one never knows another until they live in the same house, especially two woman.

So did Sandy just up and quit his job too? Did he have a job? And are they still cashing Erica's check and munching on her SNAP card benefits?

So many questions !!

Red flags went up big time in the JonBenet Ramsey case literally day one back in '96 when the cops came to the house in a response to the 911 call claiming JonBenet was kidnapped. The father, John Ramsey was calling for his pilot to gas up so they could all take off to Atlanta, basically wanting to get out of town. And this was BEFORE they even found her body in the basement.

Just want to note the guy they are quoting is "Former FBI Assistant Director Chris Swecker" and "Swecker is not involved in the Parsons case". His insights are valuable, but he's not speaking officially on behalf of LE in the case.

(We had confusion like this with Jessica Ridgeway, lots of ex-agents were offering profiling theories and people were mistaking their talking-head interviews for official LE statements.)

Informational news piece on FBI investigations in general and some insights on this case.

http://www.wcnc.com/home/Former-FBI-Asst--221425901.html

I am so glad a former FBI director has the same concerns, suspicions and questions that us Sleuthers have. I can now feel at least fairly at ease that the only reason any formal charges have not been filed yet are simply due to LE building a strong case against them at this point.

Here's another puppy site

http://southernhomemadepups.wix.com/home

Quote:
​A little aboutour family:
I'm a stay-at-home mother of 5 kids and one daughter-on-law. We homeschool our kids and we love it. My kids ages range from 6 years to 21 years old. We have 3 boys and 2 girls. All my kids have taken their love for animals from me. My kids make sure that each puppy gets plenty of attention. My little boy, 6 yrs.old, loves to dress the dogs and puppies in a leather biker coat and he tries to take them a ride on his scooter. My 8 year old little girl loves to pull them in wagons and baby strollers. My dogs love this attention. Being around people of all ages helps puppies not to be scared of small kids and they tend to fit in more faster at their new home.
​
Thanks,
Sandy & Casey Parsons

(sorry if this was previously posted)

Casey includes her daughter-in-law in the family but not Erica. That says it all. CP's hatred of Erica causes her to act irrationally and stupidly. I think the move is all about avoiding the vigils, billboards, and reminders that they are still considered responsible for Erica and expected to care about her. Hopefully all of this will follow the Parsons where ever they go and one of the Parsons will crack under the pressure.

I think the move is all about avoiding the vigils, billboards, and reminders that they are still considered responsible for Erica and expected to care about her. Hopefully all of this will follow the Parsons where ever they go and one of the Parsons will crack under the pressure.

SBM

I would have to assume that's the case in addition to the other things listed in the link provided by ClaireNC, the following is stated:

"Just tired of the attention," said family attorney Carlyle Sherrill.

That, plus a 12 hour long search of the family home looking for clues to Erica's disappearance, neighbors who put their own fake "for sale" signs up regarding the Parsonses' house, gawkers who park on the side of the road and a desire to be left alone are additional reasons why, Sherrill said.

"They're tired of ya'll, too," he said, referring to the media camping out next to Casey and Sandy's home on Miller Chapel Road in Salisbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria