NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is, nobody in their right mind would leave a child with someone they met on Facebook. Whether they are a relative or not, how would you know that you weren't sending the child to live in squalor? Additionally, who in their right mind takes custody of a child and then fails to seek state funding due to that child. This is a murder investigation, through and through. The authorities aren't going to charge them until they have enough evidence to get a grand jury indictment, and unfortunately, lying to the authorities is probably not enough to do that. I believe they are truly treating this as a murder investigation and they are taking their time to discover evidence and (ideally) to get a confession of one or both of them.

Some Parents of Adopted Children Turn to Online Networks, Triggering Problems
PBS NewsHour AIR DATE: Sept. 11, 2013
So, it's important to realize that when parents go into this sort of online re-homing network -- and we found these are Yahoo! -- these have been Yahoo! groups and Facebook groups where people go to solicit new families for their unwanted adopted children, and oftentimes they transfer these children over to strangers with nothing more than a power of attorney, a simple slip of paper that you can download from the Internet and get notarized that says you're placing this child in the hands of another adult, and they're now in their custody.
Adoptive parents swap unwanted kids on the Internet
REUTERS
Monday, September 9, 2013, 10:14 AM

As part of its investigation, Reuters reviewed thousands of pages of records – many of them confidential – from court cases, police reports and child welfare agencies. Reporters examined ads for children and emails between parents, and also identified eight Internet groups in which members discussed, facilitated or engaged in re-homing. Reporters then analyzed thousands of posts from the group that Yahoo subsequently shut down, Adopting-from-Disruption.

"People get in over their heads," says Tim Stowell, an adoptive parent who created the Facebook group last year. "The main thing is to offer hope for families that have no hope... I also knew there were people looking to adopt kids from those situations, so I wanted to get those people together, kind of like a clearinghouse."
Also:
Hundreds of other adoptive parents were seeking new homes for their unwanted children through Internet message boards like those that had featured Quita. Nicole Eason knew how the child exchange worked. She would tap it again after losing Quita, much as she had used it before.

One of the first times, Eason had gone by the screen name Big Momma. The custody transfer took place in a hotel parking lot just off the highway, and the man who went with her to get the 10-year-old boy would later be sentenced to federal prison. His crime: trading child *advertiser censored*.

thanks for that info Bessie, when I first read about that sort of underground kid swap thing the other day and my blood ran cold. My first thought is, WTH? My second was, what a simple, under the table way for child predators, traffickers and other really bad bad people to get their hands on children with the full cooperation of the child's guardian or parent. It is frightening to think that some people would so want to wash their hands of a child they CHOOSE to adopt that they would turn them over to just about anyone.

It does definitely add an extra dimension to this whole thing.

We know Casey was no stranger to arranging transactions online (the pet business, all the Craigslist sales, etc).

I need to read the articles in full. What a way for child predators to game the system. This should be more publicized.

I need to read the articles in full. What a way for child predators to game the system. This should be more publicized.

NOW that you and I agree on completely. I had never heard of this til someone brought it up the other day. I was shocked at some of the comments I read from parents looking to "lose" an adopted child.

It scared the heck out of me that people are actually trading children over the web and think that's perfectly okay.

It does definitely add an extra dimension to this whole thing.

We know Casey was no stranger to arranging transactions online (the pet business, all the Craigslist sales, etc).
It's a possibility that should be considered, IMO. As you say, we have a person who is experienced in negotiating online canine adoptions, and would be familiar with networking through the internet. In addition, the mysterious "Nan" and her disappearing FB and telephone number; the meetings at McDonald's, the discipline/abuse problems prior to EP's disappearance; among other circumstances, parallel those of cases uncovered in the Reuters investigation. JMO

This is jmo:
c/p and s/p had this all planned. They didn't expect j/p raising heck over Erica missing. They have had two years to get there lies straight, oh and since s/p couldn't keep the story straight she tells him to be quite. They have had two years to collect money, for Erica if they did give her to trafficker's who's to say she is still in the states? c/p has no emotion what so ever when she speaks of Erica and s/p is somewhere else. JMO

It's a possibility that should be considered, IMO. As you say, we have a person who is experienced in negotiating online canine adoptions, and would be familiar with networking through the internet. In addition, the mysterious "Nan" and her disappearing FB and telephone number; the meetings at McDonald's, the discipline/abuse problems prior to EP's disappearance; among other circumstances, parallel those of cases uncovered in the Reuters investigation. JMO

From the very first time I heard the story about Erica missing, I have just had this gut feeling that she is not dead and they did not kill her but have been lying for some reason. I think the reason the story seems to flow so freely out of Casey's mouth is because a good part of it may be true except "Nan" is actually someone else. I think you guys might be onto something with the whole adopted kids re-homing business.

New member here, but I've been following this case closely and have read every post on the 3 threads. The FAQ section gives instructions for searching a thread, but then I don't see searching as an option here. I'd like to re-read the post or two that mention the screen name CP may have used. Thank you in advance for any assistance!

New member here, but I've been following this case closely and have read every post on the 3 threads. The FAQ section gives instructions for searching a thread, but then I don't see searching as an option here. I'd like to re-read the post or two that mention the screen name CP may have used. Thank you in advance for any assistance!

I think search functions will open up when you've made X number of posts (I don't know how many).

in the blue bar above the top post on the current page of this thread is a series of clickable buttons. It is right below where the pages numbers are listed. Choose search this thread, and in the roll down menu which appears type in keywords from the post you wish to relocate. You can also search the entire forum that is located along the uppermost toolbar (to locate posts from other threads that are now closed) by looking for the victim name and keywords, for instance

Erica McDonalds Sandy

that should pull posts that mention those three keywords.

Welcome to Websleuths. Happy sleuthing :)

ETA just read response above mine. Was not aware there was a posting minimum, that probably explains it.

:wagon::welcome:

This is jmo:
c/p and s/p had this all planned. They didn't expect j/p raising heck over Erica missing. They have had two years to get there lies straight, oh and since s/p couldn't keep the story straight she tells him to be quite. They have had two years to collect money, for Erica if they did give her to trafficker's who's to say she is still in the states? c/p has no emotion what so ever when she speaks of Erica and s/p is somewhere else. JMO

:welcome::welcome:

Has LE denied that Carolyn had direct knowledge about Erica's disappearance? No.

By that logic we could say Nan is a flying unicorn because LE has never denied it. Get what I mean? Facts about a case Don't work that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

By that logic we could say Nan is a flying unicorn because LE has never denied it. Get what I mean? Facts about a case Don't work that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

And yet many folks are using the general statement by LE that the information provided by the Parsones was not true to infer that EVERYTHING they said was not true. Facts about a case don't work that way, either.

And yet many folks are using the general statement by LE that the information provided by the Parsones was not true to infer that EVERYTHING they said was not true. Facts about a case don't work that way, either.

Most of what she's said comes across, even to a relatively dispassionate WSer like me, as completely absurd. We're allowed to express that opinion. I think that's where the disconnect is coming in here. This case is so crazy a lot of people aren't bothering with "IMO", including myself, because, again...it's just ridiculous and there is no defense for even what the Parsons "claim" is the truth. Honestly, that's unlikely to change. I do understand that sometimes that engenders the desire to play devil's advocate, when it seems everyone is "piling on"--I do it myself with some cases--but sometimes there's a good reason a certain case discussion trends that way.

If Casey Parsons had ever bothered to say "we love Erica and we miss her," I might still be among the neutral. But she can't make herself choke those words out even to save her own *advertiser censored*, and that's all the truth I need. Thus, I feel comfortable pointing and laughing at what are (I feel) her childish fantasy explanations of how she lost her daughter.

Your mileage may vary.

lol, well met. Point taken. Sorry I know it wasn't response to me but had to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme