NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth do these people pass tests etc to become adoptive parents? I agree this could be what happened to erica BUT the parsons would never have signed her over legally because they wanted the money to keep coming in :/ JMO

and the person(s) that took her off the Parsons hands would have what recourse if they did not follow through o that? Sue them? Call the police? Male Erica tell them where she used to live and drop her off in the dead of night?

I think it more likely Erica was killed but this is also in the realm MOO

This is jmo:
c/p and s/p had this all planned. They didn't expect j/p raising heck over Erica missing. They have had two years to get there lies straight, oh and since s/p couldn't keep the story straight she tells him to be quite. They have had two years to collect money, for Erica if they did give her to trafficker's who's to say she is still in the states? c/p has no emotion what so ever when she speaks of Erica and s/p is somewhere else. JMO

Welcome!! I personally think Casey was scared to death of Jamie ratting them out on anything involving Erica. I keep thinking of the interview they gave where Casey said, "And he's always told me he was going to get me one day. I never think he would do this to me."

If Casey's conscience was so free and clear, there would be nothing for Jamie to ever hold over her head. If Jamie did witness a lot of abuse of Erica and then her sudden disappearance, he probably wanted answers. The older he got, as he matured, the more aware he became. And he lived in that same house and he probably wanted to know why Erica never took all her things with her, and why Casey just wiped her off the face of the earth.

And anybody who has watched these interviews the Parsons gave, we know what kind of answers Casey gives. She's blank, defiant yet with no emotion, stone faced, arrogant, and, in my opinion, she plays the blame game, the pity card, and if all else fails, she's got some medical emergency, if and when needed.

It gives me chills to even think Casey would have passed Erica into some adoption re-homing scam. But that would explain why she never gave Erica the Medicaid card as that would be identification. And she never ever expected to see Erica again period so she didn't care if she had zero contact resources once Erica was gone.

In light of learning about these 're-homing' groups...I would not be surprised if that is what CP did. She obviously did not respect the surrogacy arrangement which she had with her intended parents. Instead, she saw the unborn child as a commodity or possession, which she could sell or 're-home'. Then she makes a comment like this...

"Carolyn, Erica is doing perfect. Don't know why all these rumors are floating around about where she is. Sandy and I still have custody of Erica and she is our daughter," Casey wrote on February 2013, a year after she told investigators she last spoke to Erica. "We are, as parents, can allow our children to spend the night or even week with anyone who we see fit. Erica is still OUR daughter."

http://www.wtvm.com/story/23341804/...adictions-in-story-of-missing-teen?page=2&N=N

Maybe the adoptive parents could contact some missing persons organizations and ask for help in locating Erica. After all, she is missing and they don't know where she is.
Here's a link to a volunteer organization based in NC.
http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/

How on earth do these people pass tests etc to become adoptive parents? I agree this could be what happened to erica BUT the parsons would never have signed her over legally because they wanted the money to keep coming in :/ JMO
The only paperwork involved in re-homing is a simple power of attorney, the same as the one a parent might sign when a child is sent away for an extended stay with a relative (like a child's "Nan") for legitmate reasons. I'm not sure the adoptive parents' benefits would be affected. But, according to this, the new parents would also be able to apply for benefits.
Giving away a child in America can be surprisingly easy. Legal adoptions must be handled through the courts, and prospective parents must be vetted. But there are ways around such oversight. Children can be sent to new families quickly through a basic "power of attorney" document – a notarized statement declaring the child to be in the care of another adult.

In many cases, this flexibility is good for the child. It allows parents experiencing hard times to send their kids to stay with a trusted relative, for instance. But with the rise of the Internet, parents are increasingly able to find complete strangers willing to take in unwanted children. By obtaining a power of attorney, the new guardians are able to enroll a child in school or secure government benefits – actions that can effectively mask changes of custody that take place illegally outside the purview of child welfare authorities.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...d-kids-online-article-1.1449749#ixzz2ekoLgY7Z
There's no child welfare officials involved. There is no court system monitoring that and vetting the person who is taking the child. And so we found multiple cases where people who had criminal backgrounds, histories of abuse and neglect, obtained children in this manner. And bad things happened to those kids.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/nation/july-dec13/adoption_09-11.html

I like saying "MeeMaw". I have no clue if it is an actual term for Grandma....or something created for tv shows like "Big Bang Theory". So.... to me, it implies an air of fictitiousness. So. I prefer to address the fictitious 'Nan' as MeeMaw.

No, no, no :lol: please don't! My son named my parents, grandmeema and grandpeepa. He's the oldest of 13 grand kids, so the names stuck but were shortened to Mee Maw and (much to my dads horror!) Pee Paw stuck. If you all start referring to Nan as Mee Maw I'm going to get a visual of my own sweet little own mamma who would never hurt a fly instead of imaginanny :( :lol:

Edited because I see someone else has already brought up this point. Sorry!

The only paperwork involved in re-homing is a simple power of attorney, the same as the one a parent might sign when a child is sent away for an extended stay with a relative (like a child's "Nan") for legitmate reasons. I'm not sure the adoptive parents' benefits would be affected. But, according to this, the new parents would also be able to apply for benefits. Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...d-kids-online-article-1.1449749#ixzz2ekoLgY7Z
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/nation/july-dec13/adoption_09-11.html

Another reason I don't think it happened this way is that the parsons still had her Medicaid card :/ surely if someone else collected funds for caring for her they would be able to find that ?

JMO

:seeya: Guys, there are certain things we don't discuss in the threads because they distract from the topic. If you observe problems, or you have concerns/questions, it is ALWAYS best to address those issues in a pm to a mod. You'll find we're all pretty friendly and willing to answer your questions. :)

ETA: You can also post some questions in this thread.

Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Another reason I don't think it happened this way is that the parsons still had her Medicaid card :/ surely if someone else collected funds for caring for her they would be able to find that ?

JMO
Not necessarily. Welfare fraud is prevalent. One case that comes to mind is Jesshye Shockley. Her grandmother cared for her while her mother was incarcerated. When she was returned to her mother's care, both mother and grandmother were collecting benefits. Because they resided in different states, California and Arizona, it went unnoticed until Jesshye went missing and her mother came under suspicion for her murder.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163443&highlight=jessye

JMO

I wonder if they can get a new birth certificate on the black market and change Erica's name?

I don't know but Casey seemed way to confident that nobody is ever going to find Erica. She's with "Nan" don't you know!

I read the articles about re-homing. I see that there is nothing illegal about it. It is scary. I wouldn't be surprised if CP knows about these stories too. I don't think it can be downplayed that CP probably spends all day on the computer. She's had 2 years to come up with this story. If Casey re-homed Erica, why not just admit it? The people in the article seemed desperate because they didn't have anyone to take the child. CP had her sister. Also, these families had no qualms about explaining how irritating their adopted child was before seeking to re home. CP says all was well.

I wonder if they can get a new birth certificate on the black market and change Erica's name?

I don't know but Casey seemed way to confident that nobody is ever going to find Erica. She's with "Nan" don't you know!

Didn't casey allegedly tell a prospect buyer of surrogate baby that she could get birth certificate no problem's? I don't remember the exact context.

Most of what she's said comes across, even to a relatively dispassionate WSer like me, as completely absurd. We're allowed to express that opinion. I think that's where the disconnect is coming in here. This case is so crazy a lot of people aren't bothering with "IMO", including myself, because, again...it's just ridiculous and there is no defense for even what the Parsons "claim" is the truth. Honestly, that's unlikely to change. I do understand that sometimes that engenders the desire to play devil's advocate, when it seems everyone is "piling on"--I do it myself with some cases--but sometimes there's a good reason a certain case discussion trends that way.

If Casey Parsons had ever bothered to say "we love Erica and we miss her," I might still be among the neutral. But she can't make herself choke those words out even to save her own *advertiser censored*, and that's all the truth I need. Thus, I feel comfortable pointing and laughing at what are (I feel) her childish fantasy explanations of how she lost her daughter.

Your mileage may vary.

Yes! This! Casey can spew out lies better than most can tell the truth except she can't bring herself to talk of Erica with any affection or say that she loves her. I have played devil's advocate on other threads also but this thread is not piling on. It is normal reaction to irrational behavior.

The re-homing, wow. That is just a world of potential hell. The powers that be need to do something...

And while it does open a door as far as a possibility as to where Erica is, I don't think it's a big enough possibility to change *my* opinion. As has been mentioned, CP never point blank says, "Erica, PLEASE call!" or anything... CP could very well be facing murder charges among a host of other lesser charges... I'd find myself BEGGING on camera for the girl to call, email, text, morse code, smoke signals... anything, show the FBI you're alive!

It was from the recordings of nancy grace and dr phil that the bio mum of the surogate baby said casey told her she knew an adoption agent.

STEPHANIE: OK. I know it to be true because she had mentioned an adoption lawyer down there several times while she was at my house. And she told me that he was able to change the birth certificate on anybody`s birth certificate. And put an adoption through.

Here is the whole transcript just to verify. I'm sure it's been posted before.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1308/22/ng.01.html

Didn't casey allegedly tell a prospect buyer of surrogate baby that she could get birth certificate no problem's? I don't remember the exact context.

Yep, based on the story told by the Bio mother of the surrogate child that Casey was carrying. That was on the Nancy Grace Show 08/22/13. The bio mother was anonymous on the show and went under the name "Stephanie."

This Stephanie found out that Casey was still pregnant with her child after Casey claimed she had a miscarriage. And the way she found out was through Casey's sister Robin contacting the bio mother and told her the truth.

More at this link below but this is the snip where she talked about the attorney who could change a birth certificate and put an adoption through.

=======================================
Missing Erica`s Parents Appear on Dr. Phil Show; Girl Never Reported Missing for Two Years
Aired August 22, 2013
transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1308/22/ng.01.html

STEPHANIE: The truth was she was carrying my child and she was planning on --

GRACE: Planning on what?

STEPHANIE: Telling him. Telling him.

GRACE: How do you know this? How do you know this to be true?

STEPHANIE: OK. I know it to be true because she had mentioned an adoption lawyer down there several times while she was at my house. And she told me that he was able to change the birth certificate on anybody`s birth certificate. And put an adoption through.

GRACE: So you need that --

STEPHANIE: When I called him -- when I found out that she was pregnant, not until March 17th, I happened to call him. And I said, there is a lady out there carrying our child. And I want you to know, if she makes a phone call to you, that baby is ours. And we are in the process of retrieving him right now. And she called me back, and told me that she had left two messages to make contact with him.

=======================================

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member