Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped
I thought the last comment on this article was interesting. I wonder what the tip is this person is talking about that LE hasn't checked out. http://www.wbtv.com/story/23486755/...uffer&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=Buffer

^^^This was the initial post, and the way it references a reader comment following the MSM article is just fine. A subsequent post in which the comment was copied and pasted was deleted because it is against the rules to C&P user posted content from other websites.

Can I ask about quotes from MSM sites ?
The quote which prompted this message was NOT from any of the named sites.
It was a quote that was on an MSM site which belongs to Channel#3 WBTV in North Carolina ... specifically ...

http://www.wbtv.com/story/23486755/biological-mom-of-missing-teen-demands-answers-plans-rally
You may discuss the comment as food for thought, but it can't be used to support an argument as it is considered rumor, a non-fact.

snipped

^^^This was the initial post, and the way it references a reader comment following the MSM article is just fine. A subsequent post in which the comment was copied and pasted was deleted because it is against the rules to C&P user posted content from other websites.

You may discuss the comment as food for thought, but it can't be used to support an argument as it is considered rumor, a non-fact.

Thanks for clearing that up, I figured that was the case which is why I originally did not copy and paste the actual comment and just posted a link but then someone asked for a quote so I thought that would probably be ok. Sorry for any inconvenience :blushing:

I still wanna know what the tip was ;)

I searched yesterday through both the Parsons Salisbury Post Interview and the Dr. Phil show for all references to both "Strawberry" and "Kelly" just to get a recap of what Casey said about them.

Description of "Strawberry" based on Casey's Interviews:
(Based on year 2011)

- Nickname: Strawberry
- Has "Red Hairs"
- Casey said her name is Janice Jackson. (correct this from Janet to Janice)
- Strawberry lives at Carolina Beach.
- Strawberry has a daughter (name/age unknown).
- Strawberry brought daughter with her.
- Strawberry might be Billy Dean Goodman's girlfriend.
- Strawberry's daughter might be Billy Dean Goodman's child.
- Casey's not sure if Strawberry and Billy ever married.
- Strawberry lives everywhere.
- Strawberry lived in Mooresville, NC.
- Casey said Carolyn knows Strawberry.
- Casey said Carolyn lived with Strawberry.
- Casey never knew Strawberry before.
- Casey said LE said Strawberry's daughter was killed.
- Casey said LE lying, she knows daughter is alive.
- Strawberry and Nan bought Erica new clothes w/tags.
- Strawberry and Nan bought Erica new coat w/tags.
- Casey says LE refused to show her Strawberry's photo.

Description of "Kelly" based on Casey's Interviews:
(Based on year 2011)

- Name: Kelly
- Has a 7 month old baby girl.
- Baby has earrings, real cute.
- Casey said Kelly said her baby is Erica's niece.
- Casey said LE refused to show her Kelly's photo
- Casey said Kelly is Erica's half sister.
- Kelly's baby is bald headed.

:seeya:

To the point of the re-homing theory. From the articles I read, none of the original adopting parents seemed to be committing any law violations, so why would SP keep it a secret? Why risk being charged with a crime if what they did has no consequences? I don't believe they are worried about trouble with the checks at this point.

I am aware we have talked about the specific language Jamie P. used with law enforcement when he made the original accusation. I'm also aware there is little to no information from LE in MSM at this point. I'm just curious where LE went after the 'buried in the backyard' statement seems not to have panned out? Seemingly, LE could charge him with false report to LEO. Curious of what Jamie's response to why the affidavit needed that tidbit of info and not just that his sister is missing. Just typing my thoughts at this point on pg. 31.

Maybe hid it because they didn't want her to go to Carolyn?

Maybe that is YOUR question ... but it is not MY question.
As I previously stated life is not simple ... it is complex.

In reality, if some person wanted to abscond with any child by fraudulent means,
the chances that they will use their real name are NONE.

So the fact that LE cannot find a real person named "Irene GOODMAN" is not a surprise to me at all.

What I have been saying is that a good investigator has to look for criminals who impersonated the bio grandmother. Experienced LE personnel are certainly familiar with "sting operations"
& are aware that fake names is their common tool.

So it is deceptive by omission for LE to tell the public that "Nan" does not exist.

If LE were to say something like "NO person purporting to be the bio grandmother existed"
only then can the public can imply that LE believe "Nan" is a figment of someone' imagination.

I think LE is using deceptive statements, so the public can be fooled into applying negative social pressure onto the PARSONS family ... with LE hoping THAT will cause the PARSONS to crack & admit some crime.

I think we have some misunderstanding here. I meant that MSM has reported that an actual person named "Irene/Nan Goodman" who Casey claimed was Billy Goodman's mother does not exist. I never said that it has been reported and absolutely NOT possible a person representing themselves as Billy's mother with the name of "Irene Goodman" does not exist (as Casey is now claiming although I am leaning toward not believing that either considering the source :liar:) I can go around saying I am Aelita the queen of Mars, even though no such person exists, KWIM?

To the point of the re-homing theory. From the articles I read, none of the original adopting parents seemed to be committing any law violations, so why would SP keep it a secret? Why risk being charged with a crime if what they did has no consequences? I don't believe they are worried about trouble with the checks at this point.

I am aware we have talked about the specific language Jamie P. used with law enforcement when he made the original accusation. I'm also aware there is little to no information from LE in MSM at this point. I'm just curious where LE went after the 'buried in the backyard' statement seems not to have panned out? Seemingly, LE could charge him with false report to LEO. Curious of what Jamie's response to why the affidavit needed that tidbit of info and not just that his sister is missing. Just typing my thoughts at this point on pg. 31.

IMO, regarding keeping it a secret and not coming clean to LE if they did re-home Erica, is possibly because the "Nan" story is what they started telling family members and just carried it over to LE because they don't want to admit that is really what they did or that they lied to the family about it and possibly face other legal consequences. One of the couples in the Reuters investigation, Tom and Misty Mealey, were accused of neglect by Child Protective Services but ended up settling the case out of court and giving up their parental rights of the boy they had adopted and then re-homed so there can be legal consequences for re-homing kids, it just doesn't sound like they pursue it much.

I searched yesterday through both the Parsons Salisbury Post Interview and the Dr. Phil show for all references to both "Strawberry" and "Kelly" just to get a recap of what Casey said about them.

Description of "Strawberry" based on Casey's Interviews:
(Based on year 2011)

- Has "Red Hairs"
- Casey said her name is Janet Jackson.
:

Wasn't it Janice Jackson? Correct me if I'm wrong...

That was likely a typo. It is Janice Jackson. ACandyRose has a great web page with all the details of the case on it :)

Snipped

Casey :liar: said that LE said that Jamie indicated that his parents had buried Erica in the backyard. MSM has not reported that LE said that Jamie gave them that information. Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. Maybe LE told Sandy and Casey that's what Jamie said. Maybe LE didn't. What Casey says is not credible to me. I sincerely doubt that LE would charge him with a false report if he told them that's what he believed happened. He obviously didn't see anyone bury Erica or he could tell LE exactly where her body was located. Jamie is the one person who went to LE to tell them his sister disappeared nearly two years prior. No one that was knowledgable of the Parsons family except Jamie (and his Uncle Scott who accompanied him) was concerned enough about Erica's whereabouts to go to LE. Jamie has not been seen nor heard in the media. If he was seeking revenge, as Casey claims, the media would be a great place for him to go and tell all that he knows about his parents. Jamie hasn't done that and I'm quite sure that msm would be thrilled to have an interview with him if Jamie would do one. Whatever Jamie reported to LE has not been released with the exception of what Chad Moose wrote as a portion of probable cause for the issuance of a search warrant on the Miller Chapel Rd. house. From that we learned...

James (Jamie) and Scott Parsons reported that James Parsons' sister had not been seen since approximately November or December 2011.

James awoke on a morning in November or December 2011 and realized his sister Erica was not at the home.

James asked his parents, Sandy and Casey Parsons, where Erica was and his parents told him that they had been to Asheville NC and took Erica to her grandmother's house.

James said he had not seen Erica since that time.

James described how his parents, Sandy and Casey Parsons, routinely abused Erica both physically and mentally.

James reported that Erica was adopted at birth by his parents.

James reported that after Erica disappeared from the home Sandy and Casey Parsons continued to receive checks for Erica from the state of NC.

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/08/15/PARSONS_SEARCH_WARRANT_1_2.PDF

I think that's all the factual information we have at this time concerning what Jamie reported to LE.

I noticed in your list that you made a distinction between
what "Casey says" & what "Casey says LE told her" ...

- Casey said her name is Janice Jackson.
- Strawberry lives at Carolina Beach.

When casey is supposed to have met a woman with red hair, the ONLY name she was given
was Strawberry. Casey says that LE are the ones who told her that Strawberry is
named Janice JACKSON who lives in Carolin-Beach.

- Strawberry has a daughter (name/age unknown).
- Strawberry brought daughter with her.
- Strawberry might be Billy Dean Goodman's girlfriend.
- Strawberry's daughter might be Billy Dean Goodman's child.

Strawberry "WAS" not "IS" girlfriend of BDG (that would have been about 20 years ago).

- Casey said LE said Strawberry's daughter was killed.
- Casey said LE lying, she knows daughter is alive.

The daughter is alive part comes from what the GOODMAN family has said to the media.
These are the other things that we know about because of the GOODMANs:
- grandmother Mrs. Cloie GOODMAN is deceased
- Kelly is alive with 2 sons

- Casey says LE refused to show her Strawberry's photo.

But BEFORE that ... Casey said LE showed her a bunch of pictures
but none of them were of the 3 women that she met at McDonald's.

If one ASSUMES that the real Janice JACKSON & real Kelly were pictures that were
shown to Casey in the photo array ... then that leaves open the possibility that the people
claiming to be Nan & Strawberry & Kelly were impersonators using some names of real people.

LE enforcement should try to nail down that last possibility,
so it can't be something used at trial by Casey to get a "not guilty" verdict.

I think we need to be careful as I don't think that anyone should generalize Southerners or "Southern Speak". These sites might make people from outside the region believe it is a general truth that most Southerners speak as the Parsonses speak. It can become a bit offensive! JMHO

I hate it when they usually pick the most uneducated hillbillies in a crowd to speak on camera. No one among my family members or friends speaks that way. I think it may be because the "smart people" usually keep their opinions and faces off camera.

People who speak as the Parsonses speak or think as they do make those of us who have been truly educated in the South cringe as much or maybe more than it does those of you not from the South. The fact that Casey Parsons is supposed to have home schooled any children is another crime to me!

Yes, Southerners vary in their dialects, their command of correct grammar and in their thinking just like other people all over the USA. Dialects or "slow speak" doesn't mean someone is stupid or ignorant.

As I have grown in my profession, I have been in contact with many people from different places in the USA. I had to learn to understand those different "accents", even within my own county. I will admit that I have had to change my dialect when I am in different groups, even in the same city. Please just don't generalize.

Educated people in the South do not speak as Casey Parsons speaks. It is not a common southern characteristic. She is more difficult to understand because of her constant double negatives and her "making up as she goes along" lies and switch ups. JMHO

totally agree. they speak from a place of ignorance and lack of education and poor (not necessarily $$) environment.....not from being southern.

plus casey is a liar which messes up her ability to speak correctly....

totally agree. they speak from a place of ignorance and lack of education and poor (not necessarily $$) environment.....not from being southern.

plus casey is a liar which messes up her ability to speak correctly....

I think the two of you were taking the posts differently than the way they met. The first several I mentioned it I specifically said it was common speech pattern for less educated (to put it nicely) people in the south. People of that environment tend to have different speech patterns from the general population, and that the specifics differ regionally.

2Rose, my lists were based ONLY on what Casey Parsons said about these people during the TWO media interviews, namely the Salisbury Post Interview of 08/09/13, and the Dr. Phil interviews of 08/20/13 and 08/21/13. I clearly indicated that at the top of my list that you did not bring forward that this data was based on those two interviews.

Myself and/or others may have been aware of Cloie Goodman, but during these interviews, Casey Parsons did not admit any knowledge of the name Cloie Goodman as being the real paternal biological grandmother (dead or alive), nor was there any mention that the REAL Goodman family did in fact have a Kelly in their family with two sons.

During both of those media interviews, Casey Parsons was still insisting that Erica was with "Nan" who she was still insisting was Erica's grandmother, along with a woman named "Strawberry" who had a daughter with her, and another person named "Kelly" with a 7 month old baby.

That is why only that information was included on my list.

Casey Parsons apparently is the only "eye witness" to what any of the three people she claimed she left Erica with looked like, whether they are real people but pretending to be the Goodman family, or if they were scammers from some re-homing network, or if they were invented in Casey's mind. So the point of my list was, "This is the description of these people based on Casey Parsons being an "eye witness" whether she's lying through her teeth or whether her story is based on what she claims to believe are her facts.

For LE to send out a BOLO, Amber Alert, and/or attempt to have a sketch drawn of these three potential persons of interest, it would have to be based solely on Casey Parsons "eye witness" description, real or imaginary. At this point we, as the public, do not know what additional identification information Casey may have told LE to describe these three people. We only know what she stated during her MSM interview and on Dr. Phil.

The Parsons attorney is suggesting in MSM that the Parsons think they may have been duped. So even if they were duped, Casey Parsons original "eye witness description" remains the same. It's the only description we have.

If you would like to copy my list forward then add the additional information that we have since learned as fact via MSM, and the real Goodman family, that would be cool.

Casey Parsons apparently is the only "eye witness" to what any of the three people she claimed she left Erica with looked like, whether they are real people but pretending to be the Goodman family, or if they were scammers from some re-homing network, or if they were invented in Casey's mind.

This is true for all cases where there is only one eye witness.
And that is why I think it is important for LE to get a sketch done of them.
Casey cannot request a sketch ... it is LE's job to request it be done.
If Casey goes to trial, her defense lawyer will get her off because they will claim impersonators that LE did not pursue.

2Rose, my lists were based ONLY on what Casey Parsons said about these people during the TWO media interviews, namely the Salisbury Post Interview

I believe any member of Websleuths can add clarifying information ... which is what I did.
When I select partial quotes, it is because THAT is what I am responding to.
I personally don't care for full redundant quotes. If one wants to read the entire message,
it is available in the history or quickly by clicking on the quote.
Everybody does things their own way that they feel is relevant.

As the timeline progresses, we have learned new
info & that is what I believe is important to thIS case !

My goal is NOT to vilify Casey PARSONS or any other possible suspect ...
but to try & aid in the location of a missing girl named Erica PARSONS.

Since this thread is NOT a thread about Casey PARSONS, but instead is a thread about Erica PARSONS, it is my belief that any time one can keep the focus on the pertinent Erica facts, it helps to clarify things for future readers of this thread who come here to read about her & not about her adopted mother. It helps others to not get confused or mired in less important issues.

Let's try to find Erica!

To me, if CP was interested in finding Erica she could ask that the FBI do composite sketches of these people. I understand the adoptive parents have quit cooperating with local LE, but they were still in contact with the FBI as far as I know.
As for SP, I'd guess he would be no help in identifying any of them since he didn't see anything.
IMO, LE has checked the people CP named and found nothing that backs up her story. I'm hoping the items seized in the search warrants will lead to a conclusion on what really has happened to Erica.
I do believe local LE and the FBI are trying hard to find Erica, though the FBI has many more resources than local LE. I believe the FBI has committed more resources in the past few years to investigating crimes against children.
http://www.justice.gov/oig/reports/FBI/a0908/final.pdf

Besides Erica being missing, what examples of FACT are we referring to and not a story told by main suspect 1 and 2?

I'll start...McDonalds is a real place to eat, there are locations in NC, and they do indeed have parking lots.

:floorlaugh:

Those really are the only facts we know.

To me, if CP was interested in finding Erica she could ask that the FBI do composite sketches of these people. I understand the adoptive parents have quit cooperating with local LE, but they were still in contact with the FBI as far as I know.

Maybe she asked them & they refused ?
I have never heard of a witness asking for a sketch because it is really only up to LE
... if LE wants it done, a sketch will get made.

Once Casey obtained a lawyer, LE "then" labelled Casey PARSONS as unco-operative.
If you listen to the videos of Casey she says repeatedly that
she will meet with LE of any kind, at ANY time, as long as her lawyer is present
... that is a legal right afforded to ALL suspects.
But apparently LE does not want to allow Casey her legal right to have her lawyer present
... because since Casey obtained a lawyer, LE has requested NO meetings with Casey at all.
In a trial of law, a defense lawyer will have many questions about that type of conduct
.... and it will raise "reasonable doubt" in the eyes of the jury.

I have watched all the televised trials in the past year, so I realize how important it is
for LE to get it right & not leave any open loopholes for a defense attorney to arouse
reasonable doubt in the jury. I am pained to see that Casey ANTHONY & George ZIMMERMAN
escaped any legal ramifications for the crimes I believe they committed.

Once Casey obtained a lawyer, LE "then" labelled Casey PARSONS as unco-operative.
If you listen to the videos of Casey she says repeatedly that
she will meet with LE of any kind, at ANY time, as long as her lawyer is present
... that is a legal right afforded to ALL suspects.
But apparently LE does not want to allow Casey her legal right to have her lawyer present
... because since Casey obtained a lawyer, LE has requested NO meetings with Casey at all.
In a trial of law, a defense lawyer will have many questions about that type of conduct
.... and it will raise "reasonable doubt" in the eyes of the jury.

I have watched all the televised trials in the past year, so I realize how important it is
for LE to get it right & not leave any open loopholes for a defense attorney to arouse reasonable doubt in the jury. I am pained to see that Casey ANTHONY & George ZIMMERMAN escaped any legal ramifications for the crimes I believe they committed.

Of course CP is entitled to have an attorney present during questioning, but how many questions would she answer against the advice of her attorney? While it is within a citizens right to hire an attorney most people wonder why the need if there is nothing to hide. Can't help public opinion.

Haven't said much but live in the area and have heard an read everything that's out there about Erica's disappearance. I am leaning very much toward CP and SP selling or giving Erica to someone to get rid of her. I think she probably made the arrangements from info she found on the internet. The only drawback to that would be that surely there would be a digital footprint of her searches and correspondences via phone or computer. I know that LE would investigate that angle. Just wondering if they disposed of phones and computers since late 2011. That could be very telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668