NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that segment before or after CarP went back to LA?

Otherwise the State Lines reference makes no sense.

When I watched that segment early in the case, I thought that the implication was that Erica had been moved across state lines. Later, that seemed reasonable, since they Parsonses said they were connected with "Nan" by someone who was out of state (Carolyn, Louisiana).

Of course, the story weaved by the Parsonses was pretty out there, so why was the FBI involved so early on? Was it the extended time frame Erica was missing that caught the attention of the FBI, or were they invited by the sheriff's department? It could have been the checks, but, let's be real here, the FBI doesn't have time for that. They don't even get involved in every case involving a missing child. We can only speculate about their involvement and the investigation as a whole, since LE is being tight-lipped.

Perhaps something will break in the case soon. It's a shame that no real news has been reported in the last few weeks.

I think know who the Aunt is on FB .. are we allowed to post links to a profile?

That was her sister Robin who MSM has reported called DSS on Casey.

No normal Facebook profiles are allowed ... some authorized ones are allowed for legit organizations,
but I have never found such a list. I have seen one site mentioned a number of times in this thread
but when I mentioned, my message got deleted ... so who knows.
Most times we are not told why our messages get deleted ... so it is hard to learn.
Let me see if I can clear this up for you. Rule of thumb for social media, i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc:

Allowed profiles/pages
Victims
Suspects
MSM
LE
Businesses, schools, organizations (usually)

Profiles Not Allowed
Family members
Friends
Most any other individual

In addition, most group pages established in the name of a missing or murdered person -- such as "Help Find..." or "Justice for..." pages -- are allowed. These pages are ones established in earnest to disseminate information that will lead to finding a MP, or bringing a perp to justice. Occasionally these pages take a turn toward gossip and bullying. When that occurs the mods/admin will usually pronounce the page off limits, and likewise for any page initially set up with the purpose of arousing dissension.

There is no list of verboten social media pages, per se, because it varies from case to case. Certain websites are banned, however, and those are distinguished by a series of asterisks in the links. So if you post a link to a site and it looks like this: www-abc******-com, you will know that site is banned.

Time does not allow mods to pm a member each time a post is removed. Members who familiarize themselves with The Rules usually know why a post is deleted. At any time, if a member has a question about a deleted post, or the rules in general, one has only to ask a mod in a pm. We're always happy to assist members with their questions.

Rules, Etiquette and Other Information

Posting in a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board’s Private Message function, or email staff if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.
Hope that helps. :seeya:

I might have missed that article -- if you could link it I would appreciate it because these threads fill up so fast.

At the time of my posting, I was under the impression that LE had only specified that CP and SP had a strained relationship with LE and that some of their story was not true -- with no specifics mentioned about certain people.

I've seen it mentioned in so many articles but here's a few...

http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-...-Parsons-at-Sunday-night-vigil-222026081.html
"Erica’s adoptive parents, Casey and Sandy Parsons, say they gave Erica to a grandmother named “Nan,” or Irene Goodman. Erica’s biological father’s family has said there is no “Nan” or “Irene Goodman” in their family, and law enforcement doesn’t believe such a person exists."

http://www.wccbcharlotte.com/story/fbi-questions-missing-girls-adoptive-parents-20130910
"Investigators say Nan doesn't exist."

http://www.wxii12.com/news/local-ne...hil/-/10622650/21541550/-/sowihm/-/index.html
Law enforcement officials believe Nan doesn't exist, and the real grandmother died five years ago.

I suppose you could also take that as law enforcement hasn't come right out and said they have absolute proof Nan doesn't exist. From everything I have read and heard, I've come to the conclusion that she does not exist. Now maybe someone else who portrayed her actually does, as Casey is now claiming. At this point I guess we can't rule anything out. But IMO, Casey knows exactly what happened to her and whether she is dead (I hate saying that :() or alive and knows exactly who has her.

I keep thinking about Erica and the whole situation...

We did more to find a dog that we only had a year. Fliers, walking the neighborhood, talking to everyone we could, calling vets, calling the animal shelter, calling the humane society, putting her on facebook, and she was found within 3 days.

I remember my father going hunting and didn't come back when he was suppose to. Mom called, and immediately the family met and started searching. His blood sugar had dropped and he couldn't make it back to the truck. He doesn't use a cell phone, and rarely answers the home phone. He's since given up hunting. Thank goodness!

I sold a horse to a woman, with a first buy back rights if she ever decided to sell it. Well, she sold it, and didn't let me have first rights. Heck I filed a report on her immediately when she stopped answering my calls or emails! Found the horsey as well, after listing it on a site for stolen or missing horses! It had been abused in the past, and I didn't want it to ever know abuse again!!!

Point being, you have CHILD missing for almost TWO YEARS and yet STILL you do NOTHING to find her! WHY?? No concern. No she isn't missing. No she's just with Nan. PUT SOME EFFORT TO TRYING TO FIND HER and just MAYBE someone would believe you!!! As soon as you lost contact with "Nan", there should have been concern for the child's well being. If you couldn't locate her, then she was missing!! PLain and simple!

I keep thinking about Erica and the whole situation...

We did more to find a dog that we only had a year. Fliers, walking the neighborhood, talking to everyone we could, calling vets, calling the animal shelter, calling the humane society, putting her on facebook, and she was found within 3 days.

I remember my father going hunting and didn't come back when he was suppose to. Mom called, and immediately the family met and started searching. His blood sugar had dropped and he couldn't make it back to the truck. He doesn't use a cell phone, and rarely answers the home phone. He's since given up hunting. Thank goodness!

I sold a horse to a woman, with a first buy back rights if she ever decided to sell it. Well, she sold it, and didn't let me have first rights. Heck I filed a report on her immediately when she stopped answering my calls or emails! Found the horsey as well, after listing it on a site for stolen or missing horses! It had been abused in the past, and I didn't want it to ever know abuse again!!!

Point being, you have CHILD missing for almost TWO YEARS and yet STILL you do NOTHING to find her! WHY?? No concern. No she isn't missing. No she's just with Nan. PUT SOME EFFORT TO TRYING TO FIND HER and just MAYBE someone would believe you!!! As soon as you lost contact with "Nan", there should have been concern for the child's well being. If you couldn't locate her, then she was missing!! PLain and simple!

ITA! I offered a $500 reward for my missing CAT once (my husband at the time didn't agree and thought I was nuts but I didn't care...she was my baby!)

I have been wondering WHY none of the family has offered any type of reward in addition to what LE and Dr. Phil put up. I understand if they aren't wealthy but no reason why they couldn't pool together some resources, fundraisers, etc., at least show some effort. Sad.

ITA! I offered a $500 reward for my missing CAT once (my husband at the time didn't agree and thought I was nuts but I didn't care...she was my baby!)

I have been wondering WHY none of the family has offered any type of reward in addition to what LE and Dr. Phil put up. I understand if they aren't wealthy but no reason why they couldn't pool together some resources, fundraisers, etc., at least show some effort. Sad.

One would think!!! UGH!!! :banghead:

What interesting body language Sandy Parsons has in those videos and the inflection in Casey's voice at times and the emotion displayed at very specific times was interesting.

It's interesting there was little emotion when talking about accusations they had killed Erica but more voice breaks (emotion)when discussing selling her. That's all I'll say and that is just my opinion.

Here's the comment that was made under this article:

"There has been an excellent clue brought to their attention, and they are refusing to check it out, and telling lies about checking the pointer out, which has not been checked out!!! They want people to come forward and when they do.. They don't want to follow through with the tips that was given to them...''

Hmmm why does that syntax/grammar and wordiness sound familiar?

Hmmm why does that syntax/grammar and wordiness sound familiar?

LOL, I know who you are referring to :) I thought the same thing but checked out the person's FB page who posted the comment and don't see any connection/relation. Must just be a southern grammar thing ;)

Critical & analytic readers would have lots of questions because the statement being given is incomplete & does not cover all possibilities ... therefore that information is not entirely factual.
Life is much more complex & those statements leave open
so many other possibilities that are not being considered.
When that happens, people like Casey ANTHONY get to walk out of jail freely.
If you want to put someone in jail for a crime & keep them there, you HAVE to cover ALL the bases!
You can't ignore stuff you don't like because you consider it inconvenient.

LOL, I know who you are referring to :) I thought the same thing but checked out the person's FB page who posted the comment and don't see any connection/relation. Must just be a southern grammar thing ;)

Sounds like "parsons-ese" to me, and whoever wrote it didn't pay attention to their English classes, if 'he/she' even bothered to go.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-...-Parsons-at-Sunday-night-vigil-222026081.html
"Erica’s adoptive parents, Casey and Sandy Parsons, say they gave Erica to a grandmother named “Nan,” or Irene Goodman. Erica’s biological father’s family has said there is no “Nan” or “Irene Goodman” in their family, and law enforcement doesn’t believe such a person exists."

http://www.wccbcharlotte.com/story/fbi-questions-missing-girls-adoptive-parents-20130910
"Investigators say Nan doesn't exist."

http://www.wxii12.com/news/local-ne...hil/-/10622650/21541550/-/sowihm/-/index.html
Law enforcement officials believe Nan doesn't exist, and the real grandmother died five years ago.

I suppose you could also take that as law enforcement hasn't come right out and said they have absolute proof Nan doesn't exist. From everything I have read and heard, I've come to the conclusion that she does not exist. Now maybe someone else who portrayed her actually does, as Casey is now claiming. At this point I guess we can't rule anything out. But IMO, Casey knows exactly what happened to her and whether she is dead (I hate saying that :() or alive and knows exactly who has her.

Ok -- I apologize as I really only started looking at this case in Thread #3 and did not see these particular links.

So what are the possibilities left excluding "Nanimal" (that's the name I like). I suggest a list be compiled an we look at the feasibility of each entry. I will start the list with an idea that I have not heard mentioned:

1. Erica died of natural, accidental, or negligent (not necessarily criminal) causes and her parents conspired to dispose of her remains in order to keep receiving monetary benefits they would have otherwise lost if she was reported deceased.​

Critical & analytic readers would have lots of questions because the statement being given is incomplete & does not cover all possibilities ... therefore that information is not entirely factual.
Life is much more complex & those statements leave open
so many other possibilities that are not being considered.
When that happens, people like Casey ANTHONY get to walk out of jail freely.
If you want to put someone in jail for a crime & keep them there, you HAVE to cover ALL the bases!
You can't ignore stuff you don't like because you consider it inconvenient.

The question at hand here was whether or not MSM or LE considers "Nan" to be a real person. I think it's safe to say that "Irene/Nan Goodman", the person Casey Parsons claimed to be Billy Goodman's bio mother, does not exist.

Just an FYI I have several friends (more than 2) and they all have fake pages on FB. Looking at their page one would never know. All it takes is just a different email address.

Regarding the tip how does the author of that comment know LE hasn't followed up on it?

The question at hand here was whether or not MSM or LE considers "Nan" to be a real person. I think it's safe to say that "Irene/Nan Goodman", the person Casey Parsons claimed to be Billy Goodman's bio mother, does not exist.

Soooo true!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member