NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Parsons interview with the Salisbury Post on August 9th, the reporter asked what kind of kid Erica was. Erica was age 13 when she went missing and Casey is clearly stating that Erica, "waited til the day" until she was able to get a computer, "THINGS ELECTRONIC," because, according to Casey, the Parsons only allow their kids at certain ages to get those ELECTRONIC THINGS. And Erica "talked about that quite often, that she was going to get that."

Well, the two younger kids are age 7 and 9 and they both have ELECTRONIC THINGS? What happened to the Parsons family rule of thumb that kids have to be a certain age? Apparently, Erica never got her ELECTRONIC THINGS, and at age 13 and was still waiting !!!

Amazing eye for detail, ACR! :rockon:

It's funny how different CP describes Erica as a happy-go-lucky little girl when other relatives have a completely different take on her demeanor.
Also, I found it interesting that, according to Sherrill, there were four different instances in which DSS investigated allegations of abuse and/or neglect. IMO that's a lot of smoke not to find a fire.

It's funny how different CP describes Erica as a happy-go-lucky little girl when other relatives have a completely different take on her demeanor.
Also, I found it interesting that, according to Sherrill, there were four different instances in which DSS investigated allegations of abuse and/or neglect. IMO that's a lot of smoke not to find a fire.

Yea I noticed that too & thought the same thing.

Also about ACR's quote just above ...
http://www.acandyrose.com/2013-08-09-ParsonsMediaInterviewPt1.pdf
Loved boys, even when she was in public school, her biggest problem was boys, she would go after them.

Well according to a recent article linked here ...
http://www.wbtv.com/story/23394880/...taffer-recalls-school-year-with-erica-parsons

WBTV was able to confirm through school records that Erica Parsons attended Bostian Elementary from August of 2003 until July of 2004. The paperwork indicated that she left Bostian for Shadybrook Elementary in Kannapolis in 2004.

Erica would have only been 6 years old then ...
is this when Casey wants us to believe that Erica was "boy crazy" ???
Cause I haven't heard anything about Erica being in public school in more recent years before her disappearance.

maybe the perception is that 6 yr old Erica was "boycrazy" just like her mother who had an affair within her marriage which resulted in Erica.

Is it possible the boycrazy comment actually reveals a bit of Casey's real feeling about Erica?

In the Parsons interview with the Salisbury Post on August 9th, the reporter asked what kind of kid Erica was. Erica was age 13 when she went missing and Casey is clearly stating that Erica, "waited til the day" until she was able to get a computer, "THINGS ELECTRONIC," because, according to Casey, the Parsons only allow their kids at certain ages to get those ELECTRONIC THINGS. And Erica "talked about that quite often, that she was going to get that."

Well, the two younger kids are age 7 and 9 and they both have ELECTRONIC THINGS? What happened to the Parsons family rule of thumb that kids have to be a certain age? Apparently, Erica never got her ELECTRONIC THINGS, and at age 13 and was still waiting !!!
ACR

Respectfully snipped.

First: The electronics thing was a great find! That's just more and more proof about how she didn't care for Erica. It's possible they meant the home computer and what not. My daughter is allowed to use my computer with me for different educational games, but doesn't have anything of her own. With homeschooling isn't that computer based sometimes? If so is that more to indicate they were educating their other children and not Erica?

As far as the use of the word 'was' it could go either way. Southern people who speak in a less than educated way talk like that all the time. It could also very well be a slip.

maybe the perception is that 6 yr old Erica was "boycrazy" just like her mother who had an affair within her marriage which resulted in Erica. Is it possible the boycrazy comment actually reveals a bit of Casey's real feeling about Erica?

well Erica's parents were already separated when Carolyn got pregnant with Erica ...
so it wasn't a real "affair" in the sense that she was cheating on her husband. Here is a reference ...

http://winstonsalemjournal.nc.newsmemory.com/pda.php?date=20130829&eid=0&sid=1&aid=73

As an adult, Carolyn PARSONS married into the PARSONS family. For a time, she was the wife of Steven PARSONS, Sandy PARSONS' brother. But Carolyn & Steven separated
- and Carolyn got pregnant with Erica by another man. Erica is her fourth & youngest child

maybe the perception is that 6 yr old Erica was "boycrazy" just like her mother who had an affair within her marriage which resulted in Erica.

Is it possible the boycrazy comment actually reveals a bit of Casey's real feeling about Erica?

A little shy girl completely controlled by CP boy crazy??? That was one of the many ridiculous comments that CP has made. Where and how could she have been boy crazy? Her whole world was controlled!

I suspect that was CP projecting her feelings about Carolyn on to Erica. My opinion only.

^ I think this pretty much sums it up. Even the attorney in the link I posted above mentioned them wanting the younger children (and their 'stuff') back. Nothing about wanting Erica back. :facepalm:

I have had to sit on my hands a lot on this case.

jmo

Link: http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Parsons-to-FBI-Can-we-have-our-stuff-back-223692471.html See end of video.

"Nothing about getting Erica back!" Yep that just about sums it all up and leads me to believe she's dead so she can't come back. :stormingmad:

Respectfully snipped.

First: The electronics thing was a great find! That's just more and more proof about how she didn't care for Erica. It's possible they meant the home computer and what not. My daughter is allowed to use my computer with me for different educational games, but doesn't have anything of her own. With homeschooling isn't that computer based sometimes? If so is that more to indicate they were educating their other children and not Erica?

As far as the use of the word 'was' it could go either way. Southern people who speak in a less than educated way talk like that all the time. It could also very well be a slip.

So erica wasn't allowed to use the computer but magically sent emails to Carolyn... That confirms my thoughts that casey did send them :S. JMO

Oops sorry pressed the wrong quote :S

This long winded "Lawyer Speak" news piece...included info I had NEVER heard before:

"A few months later, according to the lawyer, Casey and Sandy Parsons said they were contacted by a woman on Facebook who claimed she was Carolyn's mother and Erica's grandmother. She said her name was Irene or "Nan" Goodman, Sherrill said."

WOW....ALL this time I was under the impression that "Nan" was supposed to be the mother of B Goodman...Erica's Bio Father....Carolyn Parson's "boyfriend"...

This just totally freaks me out. I can not remember if we have discussed Carolyn's maiden name or any previous legal names...I am assuming that it Was Never Goodman!

Am I the Only One who had that understanding?????

Dear God...Please Bring Sweet Erica Home to People Who Do Love Her!

This long winded "Lawyer Speak" news piece...included info I had NEVER heard before:

"A few months later, according to the lawyer, Casey and Sandy Parsons said they were contacted by a woman on Facebook who claimed she was Carolyn's mother and Erica's grandmother. She said her name was Irene or "Nan" Goodman, Sherrill said."

WOW....ALL this time I was under the impression that "Nan" was supposed to be the mother of B Goodman...Erica's Bio Father....Carolyn Parson's "boyfriend"...

This just totally freaks me out. I can not remember if we have discussed Carolyn's maiden name or any previous legal names...I am assuming that it Was Never Goodman!

Am I the Only One who had that understanding?????

Dear God...Please Bring Sweet Erica Home to People Who Do Love Her!

This is a good catch. We've seen from the beginning that Casey tried hard to link as much of the story as possible to Carolyn in various ways, but is this the first time they've claimed it was supposed to be Carolyn's *mother*? I'm sure one of our dedicated timeline keepers like ACR knows for sure.

This seems like a dangerous game to play, since (if what we all suspect is true), Casey won't be able to produce a shred of proof that Carolyn was involved in the Nan setup. Meanwhile Carolyn has Casey's communications that never mention Nan at all.

Sigh. Can someone remind me if Casey claimed Carolyn was present for any of the Nan meetings?

CP is the person who named Irene Goodman as Nan. She did not state "Nan" was Carolyn's mother. Either the adoptive parents' attorney is trying to muddy the water or the media is wrong. Whatever CP said about "Nan" is on the Dr. Phil interview.

This is a good catch. We've seen from the beginning that Casey tried hard to link as much of the story as possible to Carolyn in various ways, but is this the first time they've claimed it was supposed to be Carolyn's *mother*? I'm sure one of our dedicated timeline keepers like ACR knows for sure.

This seems like a dangerous game to play, since (if what we all suspect is true), Casey won't be able to produce a shred of proof that Carolyn was involved in the Nan setup. Meanwhile Carolyn has Casey's communications that never mention Nan at all.

Sigh. Can someone remind me if Casey claimed Carolyn was present for any of the Nan meetings?
I wonder if this is what she really told the lawyer or is this is a mistake the lawyer made? I'm sure she told him this, but if it were any normal person who didn't lie about everything we would know this was possibly a mistake on the lawyers part. In this case I'm sure it's something shes told him.
I know it's been said that her lawyer was a good guy somewhere in one of these threads and he very well may be especially if he believes anything CP says, but I think for a lawyer he talks a little bit too much and sometimes he creates more questions and makes them look even worse than they already do.
Edited to add that I too always thought that Nan was supposed to be Erica's father's mother.

CP is the person who named Irene Goodman as Nan. She did not state "Nan" was Carolyn's mother. Either the adoptive parents' attorney is trying to muddy the water or the media is wrong. Whatever CP said about "Nan" is on the Dr. Phil interview.

What I'm wondering is:

a) is this a direct quote from the lawyer (or a media error, as you say)?

b) is it a NEW statement if so (did they get him in a direct interview for the article?)

And if a and b are true, could this signal Casey's switching up the story again? As I recall, their last official position was "Oh, maybe we've been duped after all."

The attorney and the adoptive parents have been trying from the beginning to shift the blame for Erica's disappearance to Carolyn Parsons. It still does not change the fact that the adoptive parents never cared enough about Erica to make sure she was even alive. According to the story they've stuck to since the beginning they dropped Erica off with a person they did not know anything about, other than what they were told. Now they want to claim they were duped. Pfft.
I'll wait until LE backs up some of the claims the adoptive parents' camp are spewing before I believe a word they've said.

the attorney and the adoptive parents have been trying from the beginning to shift the blame for erica's disappearance to carolyn parsons. It still does not change the fact that the adoptive parents never cared enough about erica to make sure she was even alive. According to the story they've stuck to since the beginning they dropped erica off with a person they did not know anything about, other than what they were told. Now they want to claim they were duped. Pfft.
I'll wait until le backs up some of the claims the adoptive parents' camp are spewing before i believe a word they've said.

agreed!! :)

Yes, and it states people representing themselves to be the birth mother's parents.
Notice, it has changed to parents, not just the "Nan".
A constantly evolving tale.

My first post, so please be gentle. lol
If I may post a link to the Parson's attorney's blog?http://www.sherrillcameron.com/blog/
Again, he clearly implicates Car.P.s family and NOT Erica's fathers family as most had assumed.

Maybe their attorney needs to pay better attention to detail. He was in the room with Casey and Sandy during the six-part Salisbury Post interview when Casey made it very clear that "Nan" is Erica's paternal grandmother, the mother of Erica's father, Billy Goodman.

Casey Parsons told reporters she let Erica leave their Salisbury home to live in Asheville with the girl’s paternal grandmother, Irene Goodman, whom she called Nan. The teen’s biological father, Casey said, is Billy Goodman, Irene’s son.
http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20130809/SP01/130809728/

Video of Part 1 of the Salisbury Post Interview:
http://www.salisburypost.com/interactive/video
(look under "Salisbury Crime" and find "Parsons family talks with reporters, Part 1")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME