NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW....ALL this time I was under the impression that "Nan" was supposed to be the mother of B Goodman...Erica's Bio Father....Carolyn Parson's "boyfriend"...

This discrepancy was brought up on page 10 of this thread ...
ACR & I mentioned that it was the lawyer's mistake.
In Casey's interviews, she herself says she believed Nan wis mother of Erica'a bio father
& never that Nan is Carolyn's mother.

This discrepancy was brought up on page 10 of this thread ...
ACR & I mentioned that it was the lawyer's mistake.
In Casey's interviews, she herself says she believed Nan wis mother of Erica'a bio father
& never that Nan is Carolyn's mother.

We don't know if this is true. The "lawyer" may have figured out the only way to raise any reasonable doubt would be to involve the bio-mom. Classic case of SODDI. JMO. This attorney seems especially swarmy.

Casey won't be able to produce a shred of proof that Carolyn was involved in the Nan setup. Meanwhile Carolyn has Casey's communications that never mention Nan at all.

Sigh. Can someone remind me if Casey claimed Carolyn was present for any of the Nan meetings?

No Casey never claimed that Carolyn was present at any of Nan's meetings.

Also Casey never claimed that Carolyn set up Nan. This link below show what Casey actually said
was that Nan was the one who claimed that Carolyn gave Nan the info to contact Casey ...

http://www.acandyrose.com/2013-08-20-DrPhil-Sandy-CaseyParsonsPt-1.pdf

she knew everything about us. She said Erica's biological mother had given her the information to contact us.

We don't know if this is true. The "lawyer" may have figured out the only way to raise any reasonable doubt would be to involve the bio-mom. Classic case of SODDI. JMO. This attorney seems especially swarmy.

Well we know what Casey said on the Dr. Phil show ... & we can listen to the show video or read the transcripts & we will also know that the lawyer WAS present at the Dr. Phil show, because he made
some comments. Therefore we know FOR SURE that the lawyer's blog is trying to tell us something that
contradicts what he heard his own client say to millions of listeners. I call that a mistake by the lawyer
... because proof exists that something different was said by Casey ... & he had that knowledge.

What I'm wondering is:

a) is this a direct quote from the lawyer (or a media error, as you say)?

b) is it a NEW statement if so (did they get him in a direct interview for the article?)

And if a and b are true, could this signal Casey's switching up the story again? As I recall, their last official position was "Oh, maybe we've been duped after all."

It is not a media error ... it is the lawyer's error.
The proof is here on the LAWYER's own blog where HE made that statement ...

http://www.sherrillcameron.com/blog/

When Erica was 13 years old, she began to have contact with her birth-mother and people representing themselves to be the birth-mother’s parents.

This error has been pointed out here a number of days ago & the lawyer's blog has STILL
not been corrected ... so IMO it is obvious that the lawyer is not on top of the case facts.
In a high profile case like this one, I would think he should at least have his secretary
reading this forum so that she can give him updates on errors like that.

... I would think he should at least have his secretary

SBM

LOL... if only the world paid more attention to Websleuths, it'd be a better place!

I don't know what the Parsons attorney expects to accomplish by trying to implicate Carolyn into Sandy and Casey's mess. The Parsons haven't even been charge and the attorney is trying to throw in a co-conspirator !

Even "IF" some bimbo named "Nan" on Facebook contacted Casey Parsons, and even "IF" this "Nan" person knew everything and anything about Casey's family and children (that was already online), who in their right mind would just hand over a child without questioning them, then send Erica on two only weekend visits, then agree to a 3 week visit, then just say, "okay, you can keep Erica since she liked you so much!" And then keep NO RECORD whatsoever on maintaining contact with Erica or the mysterious "Nan"?

In my opinion, it's ONE BIG LIE !!

How would this mysterious "Nan" even know that Casey would be so willing to just hand over Erica with no questions asked? Nope, IMO, (if Ericia isn't dead) somebody knew that Casey wanted to get rid of Erica, plain and simple. And whoever, and wherever that was, Casey knew THAT person wasn't going to come back and rat her out or they would have to expose themselves.

In my opinion, Casey's big problem was her son Jamie because, 1) he lived in that same house, with eyes and ears, and 2) he was asking too many questions, and he apparently wouldn't let up on wanting answers. My bet is we're going to find out down the road that most of his "acting out" issues in the home had to do with his frustration with Casey over this issue about what happened to Erica.

SBM
LOL... if only the world paid more attention to Websleuths, it'd be a better place!

On shows like Nancy GRACE there are a lot of talking heads & lawyers
that give opinions of high profile cases in the news.
This past year I have also watched all the trials that have been televised.
And I notice more & more that the lawyers (especially the successful ones)
pay attention to what people are saying on the internet
... & they respond to the points being discussed there.
So it really shows that the PARSON lawyer is not up to date about these kinds of cases.

What I'm wondering is:

a) is this a direct quote from the lawyer (or a media error, as you say)?

b) is it a NEW statement if so (did they get him in a direct interview for the article?)

And if a and b are true, could this signal Casey's switching up the story again? As I recall, their last official position was "Oh, maybe we've been duped after all."

This error has been pointed out here a number of days ago & the lawyer's blog has STILL not been corrected ... so IMO it is obvious that the lawyer is not on top of the case facts.
In a high profile case like this one, I would think he should at least have his secretary reading this forum so that she can give him updates on errors like that.

I think the lawyer is trying to re-spin the story. I don't think it was a mistake. If it was only stated in one place, like the blog, I would think it was an error, but it is also stated in the USA Today article from yesterday. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-play-suspected-in-missing-girl-case/2813517/

Not sure what he is trying to accomplish.

I think the lawyer is trying to re-spin the story. I don't think it was a mistake. If it was only stated in one place, like the blog, I would think it was an error, but it is also stated in the USA Today article from yesterday. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-play-suspected-in-missing-girl-case/2813517/
Not sure what he is trying to accomplish.

Well I think that article is taking the blog as their source.
To me the proof is that the lawyer was at the Dr. Phil show so he SHOULD know better.
What the blog says & what the Casey video says are 2 different things
... that is not the sign of a good lawyer to me.

How would this mysterious "Nan" even know that Casey would be so willing to just hand over Erica with no questions asked? Nope, IMO, (if Ericia isn't dead) somebody knew that Casey wanted to get rid of Erica, plain and simple. And whoever, and wherever that was, Casey knew THAT person wasn't going to come back and rat her out or they would have to expose themselves.

Well first of all, I would like to state that in MY opinion
Carolyn was not involved in any conspiracy to take Erica away.

But a direct answer to your question is that when Casey & Erica met Carolyn in January 2011,
Casey said something to Carolyn about giving up Erica ...
so for people who believe Carolyn is involved, that is the link.

In my opinion, Casey's big problem was her son Jamie because,
1) he lived in that same house, with eyes and ears, and
2) he was asking too many questions, and he apparently wouldn't let up on wanting answers.
My bet is we're going to find out down the road that most of his "acting out" issues in the home had to do with his frustration with Casey over this issue about what happened to Erica.

That's interesting because recently I have been thinking over how "good" James is acting in all this. Especially when you consider all the negative things that have been said about him.

One of the media articles mentioned that LE has asked those who have smaller parts in the case
NOT to attend any media events for Erica or do interviews ...
& Jamie has been keeping such a low profile ... seemingly following LE advice.

Even though Jamie is young, he doesn't seem to be seeking hero attention for reporting
Erica missing. And when the media have described Jamie negatively, he has never retaliated
on Facebook to defend himself. Considering his parents call him rebellious & supposed to have
psychological problems, Jamie is behaving admirably while LE investigate.

When I think of how many times ZIMMERMAN has been in the news since his trial ended ...
I think Jamie is behaving more maturely. But I still would like to know what Jamie has to say :)

state money they were receiving to help with the child's learning disability and hearing problems,
the investigator wrote.

I don't remember reading that Erica had hearing problems before.
So for those who think Erica may still be alive, that is something to keep in mind
for those who think they may spot her ... is the girl hard of hearing ?

This error has been pointed out here a number of days ago & the lawyer's blog has STILL
not been corrected ... so IMO it is obvious that the lawyer is not on top of the case facts.
In a high profile case like this one, I would think he should at least have his secretary

IMO, this has to be a mistake on the lawyer's part, an oversight of some sorts. I can't honestly believe the lawyer would be dumb enough to now suddenly claim that the grandmother was CAROLYN'S birth mother. She had a completely different name to begin with and the Parsons have been using the name Irene Goodman from the start of the investigation.

We know Carolyn's maiden name from her birth mother and father was Fielding.
Here is the excerpt from Carolyn's search for her biological parents in 2002 / 2007:
http://boards.ancestry.com/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=520&p=topics.adoption.usa.adoptnc

I am searching for my neice and two nephews that were born in North Carolina.
Caroline Anne Fielding born 10/05/1969, birth mother and father were Jill <Julie Anne> and Bill <George William> Fielding. Birth father was in the Marine Corps at time of first daughters birth. Stationed at Camp Lejeune North Carolina.
2nd child -- Kenneth Richard or Richard Kenneth Fielding, not sure of birth date but possibly 2 yrs or so after older sister. Third child--George William Fielding not sure if Jr. or not, no birth date
All three taken by state of North Carolina possibly around 1975 for child abuse.
Believe put up for adoption, or possibly taken to Florida to be with relatives.
I am your Aunt, I want to find you, You have relatives that love you and want to see you. Please contact
SmeeFruitloop@aol.com

So Erica's maternal grandmother would have been Julie Anne Fielding, sounds NOTHING like Irene Goodman.

Now I know ACR stated back in thread 2 here that Carolyn found her birth parents through a Carole at Ancestry.com but I have been unable to find any proof of this so far. Do we know that Carolyn is actually in contact with Jill & Bill Fielding? Do we know that these two parents of hers are still alive? If they are, this myth that it was Erica's maternal grandmother that took her could be debunked pretty quickly.

http://www.salisburypost.com/articl...d-candlelight-vigil-planned-for-erica-parsons

Third candlelight vigil planned for Erica Parsons on Tuesday 18 Sep 2013 from 7 to 8:30pm.
The rapper who wrote the song about Erica is involved.

I really like the song. I think it captured exactly how a lot of us feel. (as the article said it's christian hip hop so it might not be everyones taste) He's been involved in a lot of the vigils though so I'm not surprised he's organizing.

At this point I guess it's just a waiting game.

Do we know that Carolyn is actually in contact with Jill & Bill Fielding? Do we know that these two parents of hers are still alive? If they are, this myth that it was Erica's maternal grandmother that took her could be debunked pretty quickly.

Carolyn posted on her public Facebook page 2012/05/23
"well my birth dad passed 2012 May 20th @8:12pm AZ time. @11:12 NC time. I did get to see him".
Somebody is supposed to have confirmed that info independantly.

I have seen reports for Jill being both alive and deceased, but neither gave any proof.
A possible reason for the confusion might be because Carolyn's bio dad remarried
& it is the 2nd wife that is alive.

Carolyn posted on her public Facebook page 2012/05/23
"well my birth dad passed 2012 May 20th @8:12pm AZ time. @11:12 NC time. I did get to see him".
Somebody is supposed to have confirmed that info independantly.

I have seen reports for Jill being both alive and deceased, but neither gave any proof.
A possible reason for the confusion might be because Carolyn's bio dad remarried
& it is the 2nd wife that is alive.

Ah yes, thank you 2rose I forgot about the Facebook posting that she did actually get to see her dad before he died. However I havent seen a single word about Jill Fielding yet. Do you recall where you saw these reports?

IMO, this has to be a mistake on the lawyer's part, an oversight of some sorts. I can't honestly believe the lawyer would be dumb enough to now suddenly claim that the grandmother was CAROLYN'S birth mother. She had a completely different name to begin with and the Parsons have been using the name Irene Goodman from the start of the investigation.

We know Carolyn's maiden name from her birth mother and father was Fielding.
Here is the excerpt from Carolyn's search for her biological parents in 2002 / 2007:
http://boards.ancestry.com/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=520&p=topics.adoption.usa.adoptnc

So Erica's maternal grandmother would have been Julie Anne Fielding, sounds NOTHING like Irene Goodman.

Now I know ACR stated back in thread 2 here that Carolyn found her birth parents through a Carole at Ancestry.com but I have been unable to find any proof of this so far. Do we know that Carolyn is actually in contact with Jill & Bill Fielding? Do we know that these two parents of hers are still alive? If they are, this myth that it was Erica's maternal grandmother that took her could be debunked pretty quickly.

=========================================

Carolyn Parsons posted on her Facebook on February 16, 2011 that "the lady carole" found her birth uncles and her birth dad.

This posting below (that you referenced above) was written by a person posting under the user name "Sharon" who is saying that she is Carolyn Parsons (aka Caroline Anne Fielding) Aunt:

boards.ancestry.com/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=520&p=topics.adoption.usa.adoptnc
Searching for Neice and Nephews from North Carolina
Change to Thread View
Sort
Searching for Neice and Nephews from North Carolina
Sharon (View posts) Posted: 17 Jul 2002 4:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fielding
I am searching for my neice and two nephews that were born in North Carolina.
Caroline Anne Fielding born 10/05/1969, birth mother and father were Jill <Julie Anne> and Bill <George William> Fielding. Birth father was in the Marine Corps at time of first daughters birth. Stationed at Camp Lejeune North Carolina.
2nd child -- Kenneth Richard or Richard Kenneth Fielding, not sure of birth date but possibly 2 yrs or so after older sister. Third child--George William Fielding not sure if Jr. or not, no birth date
All three taken by state of North Carolina possibly around 1975 for child abuse.
Believe put up for adoption, or possibly taken to Florida to be with relatives.
I am your Aunt, I want to find you, You have relatives that love you and want to see you. Please contact
SmeeFruitloop@aol.com

This is Carolyn Parsons posting under user name "january68":

FYI: That phone number listed below leads to:
Times Turnaround Food Store, 843 Williamson Rd, Mooresville, NC 28117, (704) 799-0324

Searching for Neice and Nephews from North Carolina New
january68 (View posts) Posted: 12 Aug 2007 2:58AM GMT
Surnames: fielding
hello to who ever you are i was taken from onslow county when i was very young you have all the names pretty much right . and my dad was in the marine core at lejune when i was born . his name was bill fielding and mothers name was jill as well . i was born in north carolina and i do have two brothers with thoses names just age backwords george was 2 born then richard . i have been told that i was my dads pride and joy and miss him very much .i want to see him so bad . i was also told that he never knew till it was to late that we were taken and adopted out. i was carolyn lisa fielding yes my birthday is 10 -5 -69 . yes we were very abused as small kids . but i would love to find any family that remembers any of us at all . to read this and know i have birth family that never forgot me makes me so happy. i will e-mail you at your aol site as well . i am looking foward to hearing from you very soon . your long but not lost neice. you can also e-mail me at stifsnakeslady@yahoo.com . and feel free to call my job 704 799-0324. if i am not there leave a name and # so i can call you back and what the best time is to call you . thanks for not forgetting us and still loving us as well

Another one from Carolyn under user name "#147876"

www.cousinconnect.com/d/a/147876

Full Details for Query #147876
Date Posted:
13-Sep-2007
Surname(s):

FIELDING
Query Text:

i am in search of my birth parents or any family i was taken fromonslow county for abuse and put up for adoption . my dad was in the marine core (camp lejune ) at the time of my birth 10-5-69 his name was bill fielding . my moms name was jill . any help finding them or any family i am very greatfull for i was born carolyn lisa fielding or caroline anne fielding i also had 2 brothers that were removed with me and a sister that was born while we were in foster care . she was adopted as a newborn so people may not know about her not sure . may have family in jacksonville nc and flordia and maybe even massachute . there is a lady all she gave was a name sharon said she is an aunt any info on any family will be alot of help . this means the world to me if you know anything or anyone please let me know

This one under username "perkiCB2" appears to be in response to the posting above from username "Sharon"

Re: Searching for Neice and Nephews from North Carolina New
perkiCB2 (View posts) Posted: 29 Sep 2008 8:16PM GMT
I am responding to a person named Sharon looking for her niece and nephew in North Carolina who were adopted.

Please contact me if you have any information about her. I have information about Carolyn.

Thanks!

Carole Bryan
PerkiCB@aol.com

Also, just a side note but I also found this reference from the old MySpace. Don't have a year on these but interesting that Carolyn is listed as living in Jefferson, WV. Of all the locations I found for Carolyn, that's the first I found that city and state. Now, granted you can put any city and state even if you don't live there but just thought that was interesting, plus lists friends, one a Goodman, and one a Fielding.

MY SPACE:

Carolyn Parsons
Jefferson, WV
myspace.com/stifsnakeslady

Two Friends Listed:

April Goldman
myspace.com/inlovewithgardening

Diane Fielding
Uphams Corner, MA
myspace.com/field1949

:seeya:

Status