NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2rose do you know the legalitys behind selling a house that may have had a crime happen it? I should add while investigation is still going...

Notice that the house is not being sold through a realtor. So, we don't know how "real" (intent to sell) the For Sale sign is or how far they can go with it.

I just don't understand the point/logic from Mr. Parsons, Sandy's dad and owner. He could have thousands of gawkers and all kinds of trouble even showing the house now. How would you screen that?

Maybe he thinks someone "off the wall" will offer him big bucks right now, he really believes he can short sell that house right now and get it out of the way or it is all just a stunt? Whose knows?

2rose do you know the legalitys behind selling a house that may have had a crime happen it? I should add while investigation is still going...

Adoptive parents of Erica Parsons face "legal quagmire" if they try to sell house

http://www.wbtv.com/story/23466248/...face-legal-quagmire-if-they-try-to-sell-house

At issue is whether or not Sandy and Casey Parsons have the right to sell the house. The only name on court records is that of William Parsons, and he told the Salisbury Post that he is not selling the house and did not give permission for Sandy and Casey Parsons to sell the house.

http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20130918/SP01/130919730/1016

William Parsons is not currently planning to see the house but maybe rent it.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/vigil-be-held-erica-parsons-parents-home-sale/nZzL9/

f4bf75b4-1fe5-11e3-9c9d-0015173e0b6e.jpg

While the Salisbury community took time out to pray for Erica, a short distance away, the only home the girl ever knew is now up for sale.

:confused: The reporter didn't do her research. Erica would have been there a few months at most.

And once again, someone is just being mean to the adoptive parents.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/23466248/...face-legal-quagmire-if-they-try-to-sell-house

"They're trying to be so mean," Parsons said. "We have the paper. We're the ones that did the work, put the well down, put the air conditioning unit in, we have thousands in that house."

Casey Parsons says she has a contract proving that she and her husband had been in an agreement to purchase the house from William Parsons, but that in August their checks were refused.

And once again, someone is just being mean to the adoptive parents.

"They're trying to be so mean," Parsons said. "We have the paper. We're the ones that did the work, put the well down, put the air conditioning unit in, we have thousands in that house."

Casey Parsons says she has a contract proving that she and her husband had been in an agreement to purchase the house from William Parsons, but that in August their checks were refused.

Whatever...if they actually were owners, in just two years they would have practically zero equity. We can be pretty certain there was no down payment involved. They wouldn't have enough $$$ in the house to afford closing costs.

The attempted selling of the house reminds me so much of Billie Dunn. Just a few months after Hailey went missing, she moved out of her house and even to a different town. Everyone wondered if Hailey had run away, how would she find her mother if she ever came home. Unfortunately Hailey was found deceased, but I can't stop comparing these two cases.

Another comparison I draw is the way the mothers spoke down about their daughters. Hailey was degraded as being boy crazy in the same way the Erica is. Both girls were painted as being unruly teens by their mothers, while other family members and members of the community vehemently denied such claims.

A third comparison is the obsession with crimes similar in nature. Boxes full of true crime stories were found in the Dunn household after Hailey disappeared, and books and magazines about JBR were found in the Parsonses home.

Very creepy coincidences if you ask me......

So far, the only facts I've seen are the one's that are the complete opposite of what Casey and Sandy try and pass off.

I wasn't available today & I am not sure about the LE perspective on the house sale.
I would have thought that Grandfather PARSONS had checked with LE first, before the sale sign went up.

One aspect is that LE has already taken all the samples they wanted
& the analysis of those is what would be used in any possible trial.
If LE believes they want to return to the house for further inspection, they will have to
make some kind of presentation to a judge showing just cause to stop sale of the house.
But LE might be able to slow down the process if they don't have all the lab results back yet.

We don't have any confirmation from LE, but apparently it doesn't appear that they have found any
indications of a buried body ... so LE would seem to have no evidence of a crime scene at the house.
If that is the case, then what would be the basis for stopping the house sale ?

Of course if there is a crime scene elsewhere, then the suspects are liable & the house is unimportant.

I see some others have responded about some problems with selling the house concerning ownership.
The fact that Casey & Sandy are trying to sell a house they don't legally own,
just reinforces my perception that the PARSONS couple are NOT mastermind material !

As stillwaters pointed out they would not have enough equity
in the house to make any contract ownership enforceable.
And the court would just consider it a bad decision on their part, that they spent their own money
on a well & AC for a house that they didn't yet own. Too bad, so sad ... the court is busy ... next ...

Adoptive parents of Erica Parsons face "legal quagmire" if they try to sell house

http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20130918/SP01/130919730/1016

William Parsons is not currently planning to see the house but maybe rent it.

Well, that explains quite a bit!

It seems that Casey has a long history of the habit of taking things or living beings that don't belong to her and trying to make money off of them. :banghead: JMHO

Well, that explains quite a bit!
It seems that Casey has a long history of the habit of taking things or living beings that don't belong to her and trying to make money off of them. :banghead: JMHO

Yea there is always a chance that Casey lost her temper & hurt Erica.
But I always thought that given Casey's personality that we have seen revealed in her past actions,
that she would rather sell Erica to make money before she would let her go freely or kill her.
The only thing I wondered about was whether Casey circulated with criminal types ... but those
recent articles posted here about re-homing have revealed a side of the internet I was unaware of.

I wasn't available today & I am not sure about the LE perspective on the house sale.
I would have thought that Grandfather PARSONS had checked with LE first, before the sale sign went up.

One aspect is that LE has already taken all the samples they wanted
& the analysis of those is what would be used in any possible trial.
If LE believes they want to return to the house for further inspection, they will have to
make some kind of presentation to a judge showing just cause to stop sale of the house.
But LE might be able to slow down the process if they don't have all the lab results back yet.

We don't have any confirmation from LE, but apparently it doesn't appear that they have found any
indications of a buried body ... so LE would seem to have no evidence of a crime scene at the house.
If that is the case, then what would be the basis for stopping the house sale ?

Of course if there is a crime scene elsewhere, then the suspects are liable & the house is unimportant.

I see some others have responded about some problems with selling the house concerning ownership.
The fact that Casey & Sandy are trying to sell a house they don't legally own,
just reinforces my perception that the PARSONS couple are NOT mastermind material !

As stillwaters pointed out they would not have enough equity
in the house to make any contract ownership enforceable.
And the court would just consider it a bad decision on their part, that they spent their own money
on a well & AC for a house that they didn't yet own. Too bad, so sad ... the court is busy ... next ...
Yours was one of the last comments so I thought I would ask you :) we have a big time diference so I'm going to bed and you guys are getting up hahaha. Thanks x

The attempted selling of the house reminds me so much of Billie Dunn. Just a few months after Hailey went missing, she moved out of her house and even to a different town. Everyone wondered if Hailey had run away, how would she find her mother if she ever came home. Unfortunately Hailey was found deceased, but I can't stop comparing these two cases.

Another comparison I draw is the way the mothers spoke down about their daughters. Hailey was degraded as being boy crazy in the same way the Erica is. Both girls were painted as being unruly teens by their mothers, while other family members and members of the community vehemently denied such claims.

A third comparison is the obsession with crimes similar in nature. Boxes full of true crime stories were found in the Dunn household after Hailey disappeared, and books and magazines about JBR were found in the Parsonses home.

Very creepy coincidences if you ask me......

And also alot like Casey Anthonys storiesl It sounds like someone follows these cases and just took some of them and put them together for their story.

Ok, I'm jumping ahead here (still trying to catch up) but after I laid down, I couldn't get Erica outta my head.

One article I read they interviewed one of her teachers, who really was the first person to show us the human side of Erica. How she seemed to shy, but beamed when called upon and gave a correct answer, would mess with her bangs when she was a little unsettled, etc. Truthfully, after reading so much, it was heart-wrenching to hear of only ONE person talk about this sweet, shy young girl.
I must admit, I got a little choked up at that, because we haven't heard those kind of things from her "family", kwim?

Anyway, to get to my point, was reading a post about how Erica could be literally anywhere around the state (or even bordering states) & it wasn't till my head hit the pillow that some ideas came to me. Forget sleep, I've heard it's over-rated :) So I grabbed my notepad and started thinking. Here's my list so far and yall have probably already gone over these, if so, just ignore my early morning ramblings

Check out family land, even extended family members. Sometimes around here, a family member will ask permission to hunt on my stepfathers land and he always lets them.
Next see if Sandy and/or Casey hunt or fish. If they have a hunting lease, that could be a big wide area that could be searched
Abandoned country houses/farmlands
And does anyone know if Sandy ever worked in construction? Maybe helped pour cement for foundations? Even if he didn't work in the area they live in, if he worked out of town, he could've traveled to a job with poor Erica thrown in the back of a truck, or even as tiny as she is, put into one of those large rubbermaid totes.

Sorry, I guess I should've started with a warning that my thoughts are that they did something horrible to the poor girl. Didn't mean to blind-side anyone.
Gonna duck and run for cover now :whiteflag:

Next see if Sandy and/or Casey hunt or fish. If they have a hunting lease, that could be a big wide area that could be searched.

And does anyone know if Sandy ever worked in construction? Maybe helped pour cement for foundations? Even if he didn't work in the area they live in, if he worked out of town, he could've traveled to a job with poor Erica thrown in the back of a truck, or even as tiny as she is, put into one of those large rubbermaid totes.

Not sure....but he HAS worked as a butcher. Some specialized knives were seized during the execution of the LE's search warrant.

Oh yeah, I'm going to buy a house they don't have a clear title to. NOT! So if someone makes a deposit to purchase to CP or SP, will they ever see their money again?

Is it fraud to accept money for the sale of a house you don't have title to?

Lets bring in the lawyers, shes got the paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro