NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-...ons-home-may-not-be-accidental-227257831.html

"Casey Parsons says the family had electrical problems caused by the microwave several times before.

"The microwave has given us trouble before. I even texted Steve (William Parsons) that information so he was aware the microwave gave trouble. Me and my husband bought the microwave. It was bought as-is at a discount price," Parsons said. "In June of this year we had a fire, same house, in the meter box, not a big fire, due to the microwave."

Parsons says it left the family without power for about 18 hours and the meter box had to be replaced.

Parsons also says no one they know of bragged about starting a microwave fire. They haven't been in the house in a while and were saddened to hear about the fire because it was their family home until they moved out."

Let me get this straight. Casey said the "microwave" was causing all the trouble "several times" prior. Since Casey is now admitting she and Sandy purchased this, second hand, discounted priced, microwave, that then became the central issue "several times," including a previous fire, same house, in the meter box, ALL DUE TO THE MICROWAVE, then why in God's name would they leave it there for Sandy's father, or the next tenants to start another fire!!

You just get rid of the source of the problem, THE MICROWAVE !!!
Plus for the safety of the children living in the home at the time!

Besides, wasn't it the Parsons who said they spent THOUSANDS of dollars upgrading the house, and weren't they suppose to be "lease to own" this house? And didn't their FOR SALE ad of the house on Craigslist indicate "Everything is completely redone?"

BBM

If they were on a lease to own, why would they contact Steve when there was an issue with a microwave that they purchased and installed?! Makes no sense to me.

I'm wondering if the insurance will even pay out. Wondering if they have some kind of building code. You would think so.

My thoughts exactly regarding insurance. I was an insurance agent for 22+ yrs! coverage varies by state. Here in CA you have very limited coverage if the home is vacant for more than 30 days, especially on a home that you have owned for quite a while. This is done to prevent fraudulent claims on abandoned homes that were not able to be sold. Jmo, moo

ETA I find it difficult to believe that Casey and Scott didn't file an insurance claim for damages due to previous fire last year...jmo

It does seem that they took all of the other "improvements" they could carry but maybe that's because those things were actually useful. I'd like to see those text messages CP "even" sent WP.

Who knows if there ever was a previous fire. Sounds like a cya story because the FBI is investigating. No one would really be that stupid to keep on using something that almost burned the house down already. Especially something that cheap. If she is telling the truth what if one of the kids had used it when they weren't paying attention?

It almost seems like Casey's first response is just to lie. Probably been doing it so long she doesn't realise she is lying until it's too late.

I'm far to short to enjoy an over-the-stove microwave, so I have one on the counter that I plug in to use. I've never seen a plug for the over-the-stove models. Aren't they usually hardwired? I am waiting to see the results of the investigation into the fire.

It seems to me that SP was doing the remodeling around the house. From what I saw of the built-in "shelves/desk?" I'd say he is not a master craftsman. I looked at the pictures of the kitchen the other day and thought that the "completely redone" meant that the original kitchen was worse. It's likely SP bought cabinets and possibly the microwave from someone who was really remodeling their kitchen. He then slapped on the most inexpensive pre-fab counter top, put in the $500 floor, and that was that.

While not a bad thing to do, it does reflect badly on them that they would consider using an "as is" microwave. I doubt it came from a retail outlet.

It's so careless not to worry about the welfare of the people living in that house. I wish I could say they were just as careless with Erica, but that little girl had more than carelessness done to her. I just pray she is found, dead or alive. Either way, there will be jail time for those responsible for her well-being.

well...yall aren't too off track....the fbi suspects foul play too. crazy crazy. :facepalm:

The microwave? Um, that makes me sick. Anyone remember any case where there was evidence of a crime in a microwave?

Ok oops I had no idea there was a fire and ( lol, but in a sick way, not a funny haha way ). So evidence of a FIRE from the microwave sounds way better than evidence of Erica's whereabouts from the microwave.

Ok and who thinks the statement that the microwave caused a fire ' in the meter box' sounds ridiculous. I 'm no electrician but have had electricity all my life :), as well as appliances. Does it work that way ? An appliance in the kitchen can cause a fire way over in the meter box ? I think not , but hoping someone can clear that up .
Twilight zone is right !

Faulty wiring can cause a fire, blow a fuse, or throw a breaker in the breaker box, or fuse box, but not on the meter itself that is usually outside.

Over the stove microwaves usually are wired into the home, versus plugging them in.

SO the Parsons are on record as saying they don't know anyone who has bragged they could rig a microwave to cause a fire.

Makes me wonder who allegedly told the FBI that a family member had bragged about such a thing. Wonder if someone is alleging it is Casey or Sandy who is a braggart?

Casey has a very detailed explanation for everything up to this point doesn't she.... kinda like another Casey we have all heard of.

The microwave? Um, that makes me sick. Anyone remember any case where there was evidence of a crime in a microwave?

Ok oops I had no idea there was a fire and ( lol, but in a sick way, not a funny haha way ). So evidence of a FIRE from the microwave sounds way better than evidence of Erica's whereabouts from the microwave.

Ok and who thinks the statement that the microwave caused a fire ' in the meter box' sounds ridiculous. I 'm no electrician but have had electricity all my life :), as well as appliances. Does it work that way ? An appliance in the kitchen can cause a fire way over in the meter box ? I think not , but hoping someone can clear that up .
Twilight zone is right !

It sounds to me like the problem was not the microwave itself, but either the outlet or the breaker in the meter box. We had some problems when we ran our microwave, if the window air conditioner was on. We had to turn it off to run the microwave. He took that a/c out and put in one that runs off a 220, instead of 110, and now we don't have to worry, everything works fine.

Yeah, I think an appliance could cause a fire in the breaker box, if the breaker shorts out. Maybe they had too many appliances running off that one breaker.

Ok does any one have experience or a friend who is an electrician they can ask about this? It seems that if the microwave was faulty that it would have caught fire during USE when the family was still in the home and using it and not when it's been dormant for days and no power to it. So could powering up the house send a little surge of electricity and begin the fire within the unit in question if it were faulty ?
Makes no sense to me, but I guess I can see it......... :|
Just seems if it were faulty enough to catch fire it would have happened during use a few weeks ago and not now.
Thoughts?

It sounds to me like the problem was not the microwave itself, but either the outlet or the breaker in the meter box. We had some problems when we ran our microwave, if the window air conditioner was on. We had to turn it off to run the microwave. He took that a/c out and put in one that runs off a 220, instead of 110, and now we don't have to worry, everything works fine.

Yeah, I think an appliance could cause a fire in the breaker box, if the breaker shorts out. Maybe they had too many appliances running off that one breaker.

Hey TxLady , long time no see :seeya:

Ok does any one have experience or a friend who is an electrician they can ask about this? It seems that if the microwave was faulty that it would have caught fire during USE when the family was still in the home and using it and not when it's been dormant for days and no power to it. So could powering up the house send a little surge of electricity and begin the fire within the unit in question if it were faulty ?
Makes no sense to me, but I guess I can see it......... :|
Just seems if it were faulty enough to catch fire it would have happened during use a few weeks ago and not now.
Thoughts?

Most major appliances have a breaker in the breaker box. You can turn that breaker off so no electricity is going to whatever area. If you look in the breaker box, you'll typically see each breaker labeled, for instance, refridg., freezer, Central Air, laundry, Bedroom #1, Livingroom, Kitchen, etc. So say I want to replace a socket that isn't working (and they do wear out), I could throw the breaker aka turn it off for whatever room I was working in, and fix it without risk of electrocution. Yet there would still be electricity in the rest of the house that you could run an extension cord and use whatever tools. Does that make sense? :blushing:

I'm not an electrician, but I have done some electrical work, like adding an overhead light, replacing light switches, adding electrical outlets, etc.

So the breaker could have been turned off to that microwave, and the main switch thrown as well to turn everything off in the breaker box, independent of the electric company turning off the electric. Once the electric company returned power to the house, someone would have had to turn the main breaker back on. That could result in the microwave breaker also being turned on.

Breakers come in different sizes, or rather usage size. So if there is enough room in the breaker box, you could add a bigger one to carry all the appliances in the kitchen. If there's no more room, then you overload a breaker, and it will turn off everything that is going to that breaker. Trip the breaker is what I've always hear it referred as. And turning it back on will give electricity back. When looking in the breaker box, you'll see one that has red, and isn't all the way in the on position... that's the tripped breaker from overload. Flip it back on, and everything is OK, unless you try to overload it again. ;)

So say you have a 25volt breaker, but need more to cover all appliances, that breaker could be replaced with a larger volt one. BUT, you can only have a certain amount per whatever the breaker box says.

The ATF and the FBI are involved in investigating the fire at the adoptive parents' former home. Also, WP says he doesn't know where Erica is but he has a feeling CP and SP do. Also says WP has not talked to them in two months.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-...ons-home-may-not-be-accidental-227257831.html

I see that the SAME news article link has "re-worded" a sentence of the quote from Casey from yesterday to today!!

YESTERDAY:

"Casey Parsons says the family had electrical problems caused by the microwave several times before.

"The microwave has given us trouble before. I even texted Steve (William Parsons) that information so he was aware the microwave gave trouble. Me and my husband bought the microwave. It was bought as-is at a discount price," Parsons said. "In June of this year we had a fire, same house, in the meter box, not a big fire, due to the microwave."

Parsons says it left the family without power for about 18 hours and the meter box had to be replaced.

Parsons also says no one they know of bragged about starting a microwave fire. They haven't been in the house in a while and were saddened to hear about the fire because it was their family home until they moved out."

TODAY:

"The microwave has given us trouble before. I told Steve (William Parsons) that information so he was aware the microwave gave trouble. Me and my husband bought the microwave. It was bought as-is at a discount price," Parsons said. "In June of this year we had a fire, same house, in the meter box, not a big fire, due to the microwave."

Investigators are checking whether the wiring may have been connected to a metal plate that could have heated up and started the wall on fire. They are not saying the fire was sabotage, just that they want to be able to rule it in or out with further analysis and testing.

And this COULD happen. Basically if the electrical wires were touching anything metal, it was shortening out the circuit. Breaker should have flipped, but fire could have already started by the time it did.

LOL, somebody must have reminded Casey that texting on a phone can be traced, so she changed it to she TOLD William Parsons about the microwave !!

Let me get this straight. Casey said the "microwave" was causing all the trouble "several times" prior. Since Casey is now admitting she and Sandy purchased this, second hand, discounted priced, microwave, that then became the central issue "several times," including a previous fire, same house, in the meter box, ALL DUE TO THE MICROWAVE, then why in God's name would they leave it there for Sandy's father, or the next tenants to start another fire!!

You just get rid of the source of the problem, THE MICROWAVE !!!
Plus for the safety of the children living in the home at the time!

Besides, wasn't it the Parsons who said they spent THOUSANDS of dollars upgrading the house, and weren't they suppose to be "lease to own" this house? And didn't their FOR SALE ad of the house on Craigslist indicate "Everything is completely redone?"

so if that house had sold and the new owners turned on the power themselves and/or the microwave............wala fire.

they were selling a FAULTY HOUSE knowing it was a HAZZARD.

these are the lowest life of society. and I cannot type out any other thoughts about them w/out being booted. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat