NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many cameras and cellphones does one family need, fercryingoutloud? This is just ludicrous.

Turns out they weren't fingerprinted, they were just buying an IPhone 5S :)

I think its down to Casey vs Carolyn battle now and hopefully LE obtains evidence to prove which one is telling the truth.

I bet Carolyn could pass a lie detector test with no problem :) however Casey has refused to take on after vowing on national TV to take it. Hmmm

How many cameras and cellphones does one family need, fercryingoutloud? This is just ludicrous.

I thought Casey said in her interview that she makes the kids wait til a certain age before they get electronics.....but her younger kids had computers? Shouldn't Erica also have a computer too? And since she took nothing with her to 'Nans',Erica's computer, cell phone, and camera should still be at the parsons home right?

Cp said they took a hammer with blood on it..did I miss that on the list?

I'm really sorry, but I have to put on my nerd glasses and play devil's advocate regarding the electronics. They had a lot of them, yes, but it was almost all very low-end/cheap/older electronics, stuff you buy at WalMart doorbuster sales. The most "high end" thing I saw on there was the Galaxy II phone and a decent laptop. The rest of it was stuff like this:

Amazon.com: Nikon COOLPIX L610 16 MP Digital Camera with 14x Zoom NIKKOR Glass Lens and 3-inch LCD (Silver): NIKON

I mean, I know $150 isn't exactly peanuts, but from the reactions I was expecting something more like this:

Amazon.com: Nikon D3200 24.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR NIKKOR Zoom Lens (Black)

The "Jazz" video recorder listed is currently going for about $20 on eBay.

Most of the phones are < $50.

Basically, while it LOOKS like a lot of electronics, 99% of it is cheap junk, and probably not a fiscal smoking gun.

Cp said they took a hammer with blood on it..did I miss that on the list?

There were some other things taken from a storage building on WP's property.I think that's where the hammer came from. I don't have a list for the second search warrant.

There were some other things taken from a storage building on WP's property.I think that's where the hammer came from. I don't have a list for the second search warrant.

Yes the hammer was taken from the storage building. It's in ACandyRose's timeline. The August 21, 2013 search warrant.

Maybe, even hopefully, some of the cellphones, laptops etc were older ones that they had kept and will have information buried on the hard drives. The more electronics, the more data. It may take LE a while to get through it all but I am really glad to see it. I hope the Parsons weren't smart enough to dispose of evidence and they left an electronic roadmap to their activities in late 2011.

2Rose,

This is the link with the COMMENTS at the bottom. You should still be able to read even if you don't have Facebook.

www.wbtv.com/story/23539742/parsons-meet-with-investigators-have-fingerprints-taken

"Obviously ..(snipped)..Nan," Sherrill said. "..(snipped)..Nan..(snipped)..Nan..(snipped)..Carolyn Parsons...(snipped)..Carolyn Parsons..(snipped)..Nan..(snipped)..Carolyn Parsons..(snipped)..

Obviously.....!!!???? I am really starting to take a personal dislike to Sherrill.

Nikon Coolpix camera
Pink Fujifilm camera
Ematic 4gb camera
Olympus FE-310 camera
Nikon Coolpix L610 camera-Red
Fujifilm Finepix S camera

One thing for sure, with this many cameras in one house, hopefully there are LOTS of pictures of Erica.

Has it ever been mentioned if CP & SP have been having any visitation, supervised or otherwise, with the 2 children removed from their care?

words of the day....accessory and/or obstruction ...can get one in a world of hurt

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/08/15/PARSONS_SEARCH_WARRANT_1 .PDF

Here's a typed list of inventory seized from the Parsons' home 08/14/2013

Page 3 of 3

Olympus FE-310 camera
Jazz DVX50 video recorder
Arizona pants with red stains
Plastic bag with JonBenet Ramsey magazines
Carpet pieces from floor of closet
Drywall cut and removed from closet area with red stains (tested for blood by SA Yu) (Rear wall of closet)
Drywall-2 pieces from rear wall of closet
2 swabs of closet door jamb (hinge side inside jamb)
Baseboards from closet with red stains

Western Digital Harddrive
Pictures album, schoolwork, adoption paperwork, correspondence from birth mother
Flooring cut and removed from doorway of Room F closet. Red stain on boards
Pink ribbon
Two large knives wrapped in shrink wrap
2 swabs from wall spot on wall behind door; 2 swabs from spot on wall
Attendance Record, DHHS letter

====

Re the underlined and bolded by me in above quote- I assume when they say"tested for blood by SA Yu" that means they did it before they cut the wall out as in luminol or that swab they use?? Look at all the red stains...

Has it ever been mentioned if CP & SP have been having any visitation, supervised or otherwise, with the 2 children removed from their care?

www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/new-hearing-set-erica-parsons-adoptive-parents/nZsHK/
Updated: 5:35 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2013 |
Posted: 4:48 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2013
New hearing set for Erica Parsons' adoptive parents

"For more than a month, Casey and Sandy Parsons have traveled to the DSS office once a week, for supervised visits with their two youngest children Tobie and Sadie."

So it looks like they have had supervised visits at the DSS office.

http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20130927/SP01/130929755/1016

They&#8217;re voluntarily doing that,&#8221; said attorney Carlyle Sherrill. &#8220;Back early in the case, search warrants were issued and items of property were picked up from their house.&#8221;
The couple agreed to be fingerprinted, he said, so that investigators can look at the evidence and determine which prints are not theirs.

Ummmm wouldn't everyone have to be fingerprinted including all the kids to determine whose prints are where?

Nikon Coolpix camera
Pink Fujifilm camera
Ematic 4gb camera
Olympus FE-310 camera

One thing for sure, with this many cameras in one house, hopefully there are LOTS of pictures of Erica.

I was just now musing on my post earlier about how the electronics they own do not represent much in the way of real-world assets because they are all cheap or old items.

Meanwhile, that IS a lot of (cheap) digital cameras...and cheap laptops and old cellphones. Presumably Casey and Sandy alone don't need more than one laptop, phone and camera each.

Which casts the Parsonses' urgency to get all the electronics back in a new light.

EDIT: A correction...the Fujifilm probably did cost a nice chunk ($400 ish?) depending on the exact model.

I thought Casey said in her interview that she makes the kids wait til a certain age before they get electronics.....but her younger kids had computers? Shouldn't Erica also have a computer too? And since she took nothing with her to 'Nans',Erica's computer, cell phone, and camera should still be at the parsons home right?

Yep and all that was said on video tape. Keep talking Casey, keep talking. I guess it's good that the atty didn't tell her not to talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadyW528