NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not illegal to rehome?

It's a rarely-enforced misdemeanor to bypass certain documents, especially if state lines are crossed. In the above article, the serial offenders were never prevented from reoffending.

What a striking and depressing expose that was. An average of one post a month seeking to give up a child. Transactions completed within the same day of posting. Meeting strangers in parking lots. Strangers who promise puppies (or horses?).

I'm finding this more and more likely, mostly reinforced by CP's constant posting on dog trade bulletins. Many of the child ads remind me of her language, too, how she allegedly couldn't "stand to look at Erica." A lot of the original adoptive parents in the article just had to convince themselves not to worry, and were okay with losing contact, not knowing an address. They had to stop questioning the lies so they could sleep at night. Even a police officer was duped.

So many similarities. "Big mama" even drives a nan-style white SUV. Not saying it's them, but if this happened, I fear it was thanks to someone like them.

I still think Erica is no longer living and there was no individual named "nan" or otherwise that she was handed off to.

But you raise good points bettie. Whether that is what happened to Erica or not, the expose was shocking, depressing and very troubling. The fact that this is happening all over this country is criminal IMO and the law needs to catch up with this alarming trend, period.

how in the world do these people even get birthcretificates/ss# for these children...they will need them for school, taxes driver license, taxes, employment, so many things...that part I don't get.
I would like to imagine that not ALL of these rehomed children are used for nefarious purposes....

Unfortunately, Big Momma lives here in Tucson. http://azstarnet.com/news/local/col...cle_b2c3a385-ca94-549f-8e8d-0b2dfe078d8b.html Or did as of September 2013.
The 'Nicole' posting in the comments section is Big Momma.

My daughter is a social worker living in Tucson. She works in a group home for troubled/homeless/unwanted kids and teens. I'm going to show her these articles and see what she thinks.

Edited to add: There is a thread in the "Crimes-Spotlight on Children" section of the forum. America's underground market for re-housing adopted children - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I also posted a link there to this thread.

My daughter is a social worker living in Tucson. She works in a group home for troubled/homeless/unwanted kids and teens. I'm going to show her these articles and see what she thinks.

Edited to add: There is a thread in the "Crimes-Spotlight on Children" section of the forum. America's underground market for re-housing adopted children - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I also posted a link there to this thread.

My daughter also worked in a similar capacity, although more court-mandated (no longer does). She didn't recognize the Eason name, but was well aware of the rehoming situations. We also have several LE friends. They were aware of the name and each had read that excellent Reuters series. Hopefully none of the kids in their care are in jeopardy.

This is exactly what I think happened to Erica :(

I definitely see this as a strong possibility. We know that CP was active on various message boards and forums. The Reuters article said that Yahoo closed down the forums, but we don't really know when. I got the impression that it was fairly recent, since the Reuters article was just published in September. I wonder if the FBI investigators on Erica's case are aware of this, and, if so, can they get the records of the forums from Yahoo to search for any posts by CP?

I suppose this is the closest thing there is to a break in the case. Perhaps they simply have given her a new identity and is under pressure to not reveal her whereabouts. Though I doubt if it is only quasi legal meaning the new family can't likely be prosecuted they wouldn't have stepped forward especially if they find out the Parson's still keep the monthly checks. I'm not sure how this all fits together money wise. That's why I worry there was something more sinister to giving Erica away.

I'm still not convinced Erica was sent to live with anyone.

I, sadly, don't think she's with us anymore either. Another sad alternative to consider is CP purposefully portraying it in a way that sounds like an "adoption disruption," to cast suspicion away from something far more sinister having happened with no one but her and SP involved. Presuming she's heard of the network before, which I believe she has, since she trawled surrogate forums and the like.

Agree. Jamie was there; lived in the house & saw how Erica was treated. I trust his instincts even all his conclusions have not been proven true.

I'm just wondering why an arrest hasn't been made. If there's enough evidence to conclude foul play shouldn't there be evidence somewhere in the house? There's been other people arrested without a body before at the very least child neglect if not more serious charges.. That's why i started leaning toward a rehoming situation because it's a legal quagmire. Something so grey it should be black.

I think in Casey's mind she could justify re-homing Erica. And the people wouldn't know she got money for Erica. A win-win for Casey. I have some hope Erica could be alive. But when I take a more realistic approach I think she may no longer be alive. Since the nan story isnt working and she shifted gears to try to blame Carolyn I think its far more sinister.

I don't remember seeing this link here. It is a one-on-one interview between Dr. Phil and one of the main reporters and newscasters on WSOCTV, Natalie Pasquarella. It basically summaries the inside view from when Dr. Phil interviewed the Parsonses. Of course, he had many of the same questions many of us have asked here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAn7ODlcYWQ

I just can't fathom how a re-homed Erica would not have seen/heard the news about her own disappearance. Or the 'new' family not realizing they took in a child who is being sought... I suppose any re-homing may have been to a remote or distant area, but surely someone nearby has a TV or the Internet? Doesn't bode well in my mind. :-(

I just can't fathom how a re-homed Erica would not have seen/heard the news about her own disappearance. Or the 'new' family not realizing they took in a child who is being sought... I suppose any re-homing may have been to a remote or distant area, but surely someone nearby has a TV or the Internet? Doesn't bode well in my mind. :-(

If the adults that took her on a re-home agreement have nefarious reasons for doing so, I don't think they will step forward and say 'here she is!' JMO and thinking the worst here :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

In some of those case studies the "rehomed" children were never made to go to school, were freely given alcohol/cigarettes/whatever else, essentially being kept complaisant while being sexually and mentally abused. It's in the new "parents'" interest to keep the kids under the radar. Some groups of biological siblings adopted together were split up and brought up to not ask about the others.

From the way the Eason home was described, I can see a "rehomed" child being in a home without a TV and with limited access to the outside world. If she's in another state, there won't be any posters or billboards for her to recognize herself on. Plus, it doesn't seem like the neighbors noticed or otherwise thought anything of Eason's constant cycling through children.

Nobody checked on Erica in the home she was supposed to be living in for years, despite all the right paperwork. Way too many cracks in the system for little Erica to have fallen through time and time again. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro