NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey did ya'll hear that?

That was the sound of that bus Casey P started, turning round to come at HER. That has to suck raw rotten eggs.

I'm happy the authorities are really trying to get the bottom of things. I was concerned for sure it was going to be a cold case. I just hope that poor missing Erica is safe and found soon. I fear the worst though.

From the WBTV article yesterday it seems CP was telling everyone Erica was with "Nan".
Tammy Gray said when she hadn't seen Erica around - she asked her sister, Casey, where the teen was.
She said Casey told her Erica was "with her grandmother in the mountains and I believed it because I think I so badly wanted Erica to have a better life than I knew what she was having."

http://www.wbtv.com/story/24106196/parsons-back-in-court-monday-to-resume-custody-hearing

Casey Parsons makes me feel just as sick as Casey Anthony did to share my first name with her.
Oh Erica, where are you sweetie?

Interesting update from David W on his facebook. He's writing about several things besides Erica's case, so I'm not sure if this in regards to her case or not.

Recent stories. There have been a couple of stories posted recently, particularly in social media, that were not reported by me or WBTV. That's because they are complete fiction. And I mean the kind of stuff written by a gnome and delivered on a unicorn to the Land of Oz. The job of a reporter is to seek truth, even if it isn't particularly pretty. Something may sound good, salacious, or interesting, but it may be false, and that's happened a couple of times lately. I don't need to be any more specific. I just need to say that before you share something you see on social media, do a little checking of your own. Look for attribution, sources, specific details, dates, times, etc. My friend Elizabeth Cook at the Salisbury Post calls it "the smell test." As good as social media is, it is also the foremost messenger of malarkey that has ever been invented. As Abraham Lincoln was found of saying "don't trust everything you see on the internet."

https://www.facebook.com/DavidWhisenantWbtv/posts/474045816049700

Angela Laubscher, Erica's adoptive great aunt said hearing new details from Department of Social Services workers about what went on inside the Parsons Salisbury home is difficult.
"We all loved Casey and we just never knew things that was happening, and so all of this is new for us too," she said.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/parsons-scheduled-back-court-custody-hearing-monda/nb8fM/

"Each day I'm learning things that I didn't know" said Casey's sister, Tammy Gray, who didn't want to specify what new information is coming to light. "I really don't want to say. It would be revealing testimony that's going on."
http://www.wbtv.com/story/24106196/parsons-back-in-court-monday-to-resume-custody-hearing
There must be some nasty stuff coming out in that courtroom. :(

I'm kind of disgusted by this whole custody hearing thing. It seems to me that logic would state if you have custody of 1 child that you cannot put your finger on, you should not have your other children. To me, there should be no other requirement to withhold your children from you . Period ! Is it just me ?
Could this hearing be more about the state seeking evidence of what went on in the household to build a case regarding Erica ?

RadBerky @RBerkywcnc
Judge has ordered reporters to leave the hall outside of Parsons custody hearing.@wcnc
10:08 AM - 4 Dec 13

RadBerky @RBerkywcnc
Judge has ordered reporters to leave the hall outside of Parsons custody hearing.@wcnc

That's curious isn't it? To make them leave the hall. I wonder if he's expecting an outburst or maybe some reporters were not following the rules and enter/exit a lot and such.

RadBerky @RBerkywcnc

Maybe some testimony that the judge does't want the reporters to hear? Could he remove the reporters for the children to testify?

Kathryn Burcham ‏@KathrynBurcham 3m WSOC
Sandy #Parsons just gave reporters a "thumbs up" before disappearing back inside courthouse @WSOC_TV

Kathryn Burcham ‏@KathrynBurcham 1m
In what is an increasingly odd media circus, Sandy #Parsons just sprinted a circle around the courthouse to avoid media

Brody O'Connell WBTV ‏@BrodyOConnell 7m
#parsons court in a break. Grandmother tells me "she wants what is best for the kids...and that is not going home."

RadBerky ‏@RBerkywcnc 8m
Casey Parsons's mother says she only wants what's best for two minor children during break in custody hearing. @wcnc

Kathryn Burcham ‏@KathrynBurcham 36s
Sandy #Parsons: "this will be over when hell freezes over" @WSOC_TV

RadBerky ‏@RBerkywcnc 1m
I asked Sandy if custody hearing was going to be over. He said "...when hell freezes over."@wcnc

Kathryn Burcham ‏@KathrynBurcham 30s
Source: testimony delayed early in the day when Casey #Parsons claimed she was feeling ill in juvenile court @WSOC_TV

Shavonne Potts ‏@SalPostPotts 1m
Sandy Parsons: It ain't over until hell freezes over. He ran from courthouse to get lunch. Just returned a few moments ago. #EricaParsons

Kathryn Burcham ‏@KathrynBurcham 3m WSOC
Sandy #Parsons just gave reporters a "thumbs up" before disappearing back inside courthouse @WSOC_TV

Kathryn Burcham ‏@KathrynBurcham 1m
In what is an increasingly odd media circus, Sandy #Parsons just sprinted a circle around the courthouse to avoid media

Brody O'Connell WBTV ‏@BrodyOConnell 7m
#parsons court in a break. Grandmother tells me "she wants what is best for the kids...and that is not going home."

RadBerky ‏@RBerkywcnc 8m
Casey Parsons's mother says she only wants what's best for two minor children during break in custody hearing. @wcnc

Kathryn Burcham ‏@KathrynBurcham 36s
Sandy #Parsons: "this will be over when hell freezes over" @WSOC_TV

RadBerky ‏@RBerkywcnc 1m
I asked Sandy if custody hearing was going to be over. He said "...when hell freezes over."@wcnc

Kathryn Burcham ‏@KathrynBurcham 30s
Source: testimony delayed early in the day when Casey #Parsons claimed she was feeling ill in juvenile court @WSOC_TV

Shavonne Potts ‏@SalPostPotts 1m
Sandy Parsons: It ain't over until hell freezes over. He ran from courthouse to get lunch. Just returned a few moments ago. #EricaParsons

Am I to gather from this that SP is not happy? Good.

Brody O'Connell WBTV ‏@BrodyOConnell 4m
Shirley Stone tells @WBTV_News a final decision may not be made today in the Parsons custody hearing #Parsons

I'm kind of disgusted by this whole custody hearing thing. It seems to me that logic would state if you have custody of 1 child that you cannot put your finger on, you should not have your other children. To me, there should be no other requirement to withhold your children from you . Period ! Is it just me ?
Could this hearing be more about the state seeking evidence of what went on in the household to build a case regarding Erica ?

bbm - I think a lot of good parents of runaway teens would have a problem with that--as would their remaining children. You have a constitutional right to have your children. To take that away takes evidence and due process.

Dion Lim ‏@DionLimWCNC 4m
Breaking: Erica Parsons case. Judge decides 2 minors left in Casey's parents care until January. @RBerkywcnc live in Salisbury w/story.

Scott Jenkins ‏@SPScottJ 7m
#EricaParsons adoptive parents' custody hearing for their youngest children continued. Judge to rule in January.

RadBerky ‏@RBerkywcnc 9m
Judge orders two Parsons' children to remain with Casey's mother until at least January.

Kathryn Burcham ‏@KathrynBurcham 9m
#Parsons just left: Sandy gave me the middle finger.

Brody O'Connell WBTV ‏@BrodyOConnell 3m
Great Aunt of Erica Parsons: “We feel good that the kids are getting to stay where they are now." commenting on custody hearing @WBTV_News

Shavonne Potts ‏@SalPostPotts 9m
The judge didn't decide in Parsons custody case today. Kids will remain w Casey's parents. Return to court in Jan.#ericaparsons

bbm - I think a lot of good parents of runaway teens would have a problem with that--as would their remaining children. You have a constitutional right to have your children. To take that away takes evidence and due process.

But if you report your minor missing WHEN they become missing ,it's an entirely different story. To my knowledge the Parsons have still not 'reported' Erica missing because according to them , she is not .
I see your point and I did not make myself clear enough in my post. Sorry about that. I meant missing without being reported. :) Also perhaps an age limit should be implemented.
In the case of baby Levon, there is discussion to make it a felony to not report a child missing in a certain amount of time. It's an hour or 2 for very small kids. Then it's a few hours for older kids and up to I think 12 hrs for kids 12 or so. The older the child gets the more time they can be reasonably ok and out with friends or riding their bike. But an infant that can not walk can never be assumed to be ok if you cannot find them. I think it's a great law because after the Anthony case, it seems a lot of parents just think ' dont report them missing and we'll get away with x y or z ' .

Dion Lim ‏@DionLimWCNC 4m
Breaking: Erica Parsons case. Judge decides 2 minors left in Casey's parents care until January. @RBerkywcnc live in Salisbury w/story.

Scott Jenkins ‏@SPScottJ 7m
#EricaParsons adoptive parents' custody hearing for their youngest children continued. Judge to rule in January.

RadBerky ‏@RBerkywcnc 9m
Judge orders two Parsons' children to remain with Casey's mother until at least January.

Kathryn Burcham ‏@KathrynBurcham 9m
#Parsons just left: Sandy gave me the middle finger.

Brody O'Connell WBTV ‏@BrodyOConnell 3m
Great Aunt of Erica Parsons: “We feel good that the kids are getting to stay where they are now." commenting on custody hearing @WBTV_News

Shavonne Potts ‏@SalPostPotts 9m
The judge didn't decide in Parsons custody case today. Kids will remain w Casey's parents. Return to court in Jan.#ericaparsons

Thank you for keeping us posted. Sandy,,,,,,,, what a grown up,,,,sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member