NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

At least LE is searching for some sort of Erica. I have yet to see Casey search for a living OR dead Erica. Why? Because she knows EXACTLY where Erica can be found and always has IMO.

IMO CP has no interest in anyone finding Erica. Can you imagine what Erica would have to say if she appeared in family court?

Are we not allowed to discuss the hammer and the field mouse story? My post on it got deleted but no mod message or snip. (Sorry, I know I should PM but I'm not sure which mods are around at this point.)

The fact that the hammer was seized and the field mouse story that has been told in attempt to explain the blood found on it are facts that are in the Main Stream Media so as far as I know they are discussable. I do not know why the would not be.

Casey Parsons allowed NBC Charlotte Tuesday to look inside the home, which is all but empty as the family has been packing up the house to move. Casey opened the door to the closet that was empty but appeared neat and clean.

“We don’t have any wood missing from the closet,” Parsons said. She also said that, to her knowledge, no drywall had been removed.

Casey then went on to explain a hammer taken by investigators that had red marks on it.

“You all probably don’t even know this, it was rodent blood where somebody hit a mouse in the field,” she said.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Missing-teens-adoptive-parents-open-home-to-NBC-Charlotte-225133842.html

it is not rumor, it comes straight from adoptive mother Casey Parsons' mouth and I have seen no rule or mod direction that says it is off limits.

Hope that helps Ariane. Also just an FYI any time you need to know which moderators or staff are currently online to ask assistance from you need only scroll to the bottom of the page, click the "view forum leaders" link and any whose little light is green next to their username are currently online and on teh site.

I do not believe Erica will be found alive. :( I hope this is Erica where Erica's remains are located at, so they can lock up her so called foster parents for good and the sooner the better.

Erica, I am thinking of you today on Christmas. Merry Christmas, little girl, wherever you are! You have not been forgotten.

can cadaver dogs tell the difference between human remains and animal remains?

Oriah or Sarx would know for sure, but I don't think they can, as they just scent decomposition. Apparently, the scent of a living person changes almost immediately when they die and cadaver dogs can scent the difference, for example, between a shoe that dropped from the foot of a living person, and the other shoe that dropped a minute later, when that person was dead.

What was the reason for this young girl not being reported missing for two years, does anybody know?

I was wondering also, if anyone has checked our UID threads for young females located since 2011. I suppose Erica will not have DNA available even if she is listed on NamUS now, due to her adopted status.

IMO CP has no interest in anyone finding Erica. Can you imagine what Erica would have to say if she appeared in family court?

I think we shall never know as that is not possible :(

I so want her found and these creatures to face the consequences of their actions.

Oriah or Sarx would know for sure, but I don't think they can, as they just scent decomposition. Apparently, the scent of a living person changes almost immediately when they die and cadaver dogs can scent the difference, for example, between a shoe that dropped from the foot of a living person, and the other shoe that dropped a minute later, when that person was dead.

What was the reason for this young girl not being reported missing for two years, does anybody know?

I was wondering also, if anyone has checked our UID threads for young females located since 2011. I suppose Erica will not have DNA available even if she is listed on NamUS now, due to her adopted status.

The bio mom and dad are known. Bio mom has been active in the case. I'm sure she has submitted DNA. Seems like she mentioned that during an interview.

This is the first I've heard that there was a discussion between the adoptive parents and the biological mother about giving Erica back to Carolyn.

Erica's birth mother Carolyn Parsons reacted to the news by telephone.
"All they had to do was give my little girl back to me January the 5th, 2011 like the original plan that we discussed," she said.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/24293448/...lert-to-possible-human-remains-in-parson-case

A HRD, or cadaver dog should not alert on remains of animals. They are trained for finding human remains only.

http://www.virginiarecoverydogs.com/hrddogs.htm

I think the Parsons would be quick to blame dead game at the shed for the alert so that's why I was wondering if the dogs can differentiate between humans and animals. Thanks for finding this answer for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Parsons would be quick to blame dead game at the shed for the alert so that's why I was wondering if the dogs can differentiate between humans and animals. Thanks for finding this answer for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree; that's probably why CP said something about a dead mouse and a hammer.

Here's a link to a thread on this site about SAR dogs but there was also a lot of discussion about the use of cadaver dogs on the Lisa Irwin thread that was very interesting.
K9 SAR Questions & Answers - Ask the Pros! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This is the first I've heard that there was a discussion between the adoptive parents and the biological mother about giving Erica back to Carolyn.

Erica's birth mother Carolyn Parsons reacted to the news by telephone.
"All they had to do was give my little girl back to me January the 5th, 2011 like the original plan that we discussed," she said.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/24293448/...lert-to-possible-human-remains-in-parson-case

It was mentioned briefly by Carolyn back in August.

Casey and Sandy Parsons had arranged the meeting, saying they wanted Erica to know her biological mother. And Casey Parsons was having medical issues. Over burgers, Erica’s adoptive parents said they might have to give Erica back, Carolyn Parsons recalled.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...as-mom-adoptive-parents-not.html#.Urx7wtJDuvs

In an email to WBTV, Casey Parsons said "This is so crazy. This is why no one has found Erica, because no one is searching for an "alive" Erica."

snip

In the affidavit supporting the search warrant, an investigator stated probable cause for searching the shed.

He wrote "during the course of the investigation no credible leads as to the location of Erica Parsons has been discovered. The case received national attention in the media and with this attention no credible information has been received indicating Erica Parsons is living elsewhere."

Detectives say "the investigation began to explore the possibilities that Erica Parsons may be deceased and her remains concealed at a yet unknown location."

Search warrants in the case show evidence to be seized included "knives, edge weapons, sticks, blunt force objects, other tools or weapons; tape, rope, or other restraint and binding material."

Investigators seized a board and a jacket.

They say a K-9 trained to detect human remains "alerted on the red building twice, which indicates the presence of human remains."

In her email to WBTV, Casey Parsons wrote, "The search on that property was awhile ago. Don't you think if they had found something I wouldn't be sitting here answering emails."

snip

According to the attorney representing Casey and Sandy Parsons, federal agents wanted to question Casey Parsons on December 13th when she was in hospital.

Attorney Carlyle Sherrill said Casey Parsons was about to have surgery when two agents arrived.

"And when the FBI showed up, the doctor sort of changed plans and did examine her but canceled the procedure and by the time Casey was released, the FBI agents were gone" said Attorney Sherrill

Attorney Sherrill said the Parsonses still don't know what specifically the agents wanted to discuss.

BBM , curious statement .

In her email to WBTV, Casey Parsons wrote, "The search on that property was awhile ago. Don't you think if they had found something I wouldn't be sitting here answering emails."

I would think the "something" that hasn't been found yet is Erica and that CP is feeling pretty confident at this time that LE won't find her. I'm pretty sure though that cadaver dogs would not have hit on a living Erica and that LE is not just going to let this case go. And as far as I know there are no other "missing" family members who were abused before they conveniently went missing. Oh, and one other thing, a cadaver dog would not have alerted on the remains of a dead mouse that was killed with a hammer.
http://www.wbtv.com/story/24293448/s...in-parson-case

From that link: 'they remain potential suspects'

I've never seen that before - have they been named by LE as potential suspects, or POIs?

LE have found human teeth in the shed at the home? What on earth is the explanation going to be for that?

And the grandmother caring for Erica, who doesn't exist because she died in 2005??

Just ridiculous. And surreal.

From that link: 'they remain potential suspects'

I've never seen that before - have they been named by LE as potential suspects, or POIs?

LE have found human teeth in the shed at the home? What on earth is the explanation going to be for that?

I don't think they have been named as persons of interest or suspects by LE. LE has stated they don't believe the adoptive couple is telling the truth about Erica going to live with her biological grandmother. Remember, her name, according to CP, is Irene "Nan" Goodman. Nobody has been able to find this "Nan".

Some links for us to work off of for the cadaver dog hit info recently released.

explanation of how cadaver dogs work at this link

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-cadaver-dog.htm

explanation of the decomp process at this one

http://science.howstuffworks.com/body-farm1.htm

Cadaver - Dogs specifically search for the scent of human remains, detecting the smell of human decomposition gasses in addition to skin rafts. Cadaver dogs can find something as small as a human tooth or a single drop of blood.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/zoology/mammals/sar-dog2.htm

I believe, based on my reading thus far (going back to the Casey A trial for Caylee's death) and other cases, it seems as if baby teeth, if shed naturally and not through violence would NOT cause a cadaver dog to hit. However, if someone who died and the teeth were removed from the skull during or after that death event, they WOULD attract a hit from a cadaver dog.

Hoping we can get a dog verified to weigh in on this subject.

Thanks so much :D I learn a lot from everyone in here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop