NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also take Erika in in a heart beat. I wish they had have had the guts to just let her go to a good family or at least back to her bio mother. I'm sure anywhere where someone loved her would have been better. Erika we will never stop looking or asking for answers!!!

I know I'm kind of late making this comment but I don't give a CARP what kind of behavioral problems Erica and/or James MAY have had. Is it any wonder that they would have behavioral problems being raised in that household? For all we know the statement about behavioral problems are lies anyway, but if they're true, there's a very good reason for those children having those problems and those reasons are CP And SP!

No news today on Erica. Still waiting.

TheCheese, I am constantly in awe of you and your ability to stay up with the latest news on cases.

Just wanted to thank you again. Th recent article you have posted is really good.

Cheese is a boss !

I know !!
My heart just dropped when the news hit they found that sweet baby.

And I documented just about everything that anybody said or did early in the Steinfurth case and it was repeated over and over again that Steven King ran out that back door, and claimed he was searching the garage and back yard, and even his own mother tried to cover for him claiming she also ran out the back door with him hunting for Elaina. And LE did MULTIPLE searches in that house even in the weeks to follow, and yet they never went into the garage.

When we look back at Erica's case, LE was lucky as hell to get that search warrant on August 14th on the Miller Chapel house while the Parsons were basking in the California sun being interviewed for the Dr. Phil Show. By the end of August, the Parsons completely moved out of the house, lock, stock and barrel so if there was ever a chance for a second search warrant at that address, it was impossible that everything was the same as it was two weeks earlier.

But I do have faith in Rowan County LE knowing they've done multiple searches on the Grandparents Sutton Rd house on that shed, as well as a consent search on at least one other property that we know of. And there is a Grand Jury in session and there was a custody trial, and now we still got the custody verdict coming up, hopefully this month. And from what I can tell, the media is not letting this case go cold.

I think, sadly, the trail is so cold with Erica LE has to wonder where to even begin to look. With her last sighting years ago and everyone's memory ' fuzzy', how do you know where to start?
It's a new year and I'm hopeful that a lot of cases are getting new attention and/ or getting LE back on task after holidays. She has to be somewhere. :)
Come home little angel.

ETA :( Just made myself very sad by typing ' come home little angel'. If she were able to , I doubt she would ever choose to return to her ' home'. I'm sorry you didn't have much of a home to call your own, Erica. Every child deserves a safe , soft place to call home . I hope you found it somewhere.

just read teh article. No new news but I am so happy to see Erica is still in the news, they are still actively trying to keep her name and pic out there.

Bless the news orgs who are covering this case, they are doing all they can to assist.

Sad it makes it all the more glaring how little the Parsons want their adoptive daughter located.

I really wonder if Erica was locked in that storage shed until she died of probably starvation. Obviously Erica was malnorished. 4' 5" is awfully short for thirteen-year-old. The average height for a short seventh grader is at least 4' 10. Then again, my biological mother is 4' 6", while I am 5' 7" so some people are just awfully short.

(Not sure if this has been mentioned before)

You are indeed correct in that malnourishment could be a contributing factor to Eric's height. I also note that Erica exhibits facial dysmorphisms which may be indicators of an underlying disorder other than malnutrition.

Just stopping in to say that I think of Erica and pray for her everyday. Sure wish we would see some movement in her case. Lock em up until they produce Erica or somebody talks. Come on LE! What are y'all waiting on???:banghead:

Does anyone remember/know the date of the next custody hearing?

It is a relief to know that at least they will be safe.

David Whisenant WBTV ‏@DavidWhisenant 13m
FBI: Investigation into #ericaparsons case "absolutely active and ongoing." http://salisbury.wbtv.com/news/crime/126362-fbi-parsons-investigation-absolutely-active-and-ongoing

In reply to an inquiry by WBTV on Wednesday morning, a spokesperson with the FBI wrote that "Our joint investigation with the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office is absolutely active and ongoing at this time. We are continuing to follow leads and using a variety of investigative tools to locate Erica."

"We always welcome hearing from anyone who saw Erica to try to help us build an even more accurate timeline of when she was last seen."

In recent weeks investigators have told WBTV that they are still waiting on test results from evidence that was seized during searches of the Parsons former home on Miller Chapel Road, and the property of Sandy Parsons family members in China Grove.

If I missed this in previous posts, please forgive me.

Has anyone volunteered to take a polygraph test? While the test is limiting, a lie dectector test could possibly eliminate a suspect. If it was my daughter missing, I'd take one in a heart beat just so the focus could be off of me and LE could move on. Now that SP & CP have lawyered up, they most likely will never take a LDT but one can always hope. If they're innocent, they have very little to lose and a lot to gain IMO.

Have either SP or CP been asked? The biological mother Carolyn?

Thank you for all the news articles. They've been very helpful in catching up with this sad case. I have a daughter the same age Erica would be now and it hits home.

well, they both volunteered to take polys but not for police. It was when appearing on the Dr Phil Show for two days. Sandy (the adoptive father) DID take a polygraph and he was found to be highly deceptive in his answers. He failed miserably.

His lovely wife Casey was set to take on during that same appearance but quite suddenly took ill and had to return to NC and be briefly hospitalized for what was described as "problems" due to her past gastro surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela