NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is so hard to post about Erica. She is missing, therefore not dead in the eyes of the law. And I so want to hope that she is alive. But my heart has always felt she is not. Since the day this story broke. So each post is hard. Trying to post about her in present tense even tho I feel she is no longer with us.

I truly hope that these new charges cause something to break in Erica's case.

Erica Parsons Mother holds Balloon Release, Candlelight Vigil

http://www.salisburypost.com/articl...other-holds-balloon-release-candlelight-vigil

It was important, Carolyn said, to be able to mark one year since Erica was reported missing. She wanted a “celebration” that showed she was continuing to hold out hope that one day her daughter would return.

I wish I felt the same. There's always a chance but it's been so long. I shudder when I start thinking of other possible reasons why a girl would not be heard from for all this time.

My heart breaks for Carolyn!

We never knew Erica, yet we have mixed emotions of sadness and anger at Erica's situation.

How must Carolyn feel, losing the precious girl twice???

I created a text file of the two stories on Casey's website. I'll do the same if she adds the one about the abuse claims, just in case the site changes or disappears. I'll keep checking back here as more news comes out. I'm so glad to see people still following this case. No victim's story should go unnoticed or untold.

In the meantime, for your entertainment (I LOVE the headline!):

Attorney: Sandy and Casey Parsons are 'Toast'

http://centralnc.twcnews.com/conten...ttorney--sandy-and-casey-parsons-are--toast-/

There are some people that I can barely look at, or I get agitated when they speak. This Casey is one of those people. She thinks everybody is stupid, and she's superior. Her husband is no better since he seems to follow along like a blind sheep. I watched the Dr. Phil episode and wanted to scream through the screen and tell her "nobody is that stupid"!

IMOO, I think the parents are nothing more than grifters, even if they're not good at it. I wouldn't be surprised if they've attempted to pull their kids into some of their schemes and scams – hopefully without success. I'm glad the Feds were able to make a case against them.

When I think about scenarios of what may have happened to Erica I try to include a money angle and a risk factor. I don't think she's been re-homed because she has nothing to gain from it money wise and besides, any new “family” would have come forward long ago.

Maybe Erica was sold to someone for nefarious reasons which I don't need to explain here. Early on when posters were suggesting this I kind of pooh poohed it but since then I've learned more and I can see why they were suspicious. Money would have passed to the P's and the “buyer” would share the risk of being found out so no one would talk. However, LE now has all the financial info and would see any spikes in their bank deposits or unusually high spending habits during the last few years. So I've abandoned that idea.

I keep coming back to the P's doing something bad to Erica. Oddly enough, one thing that convinces me that CP is a liar (IMOO) is that given her strong online presence and willingness to talk I honestly expected her to come on here and present her side. She created a website, sent emails to news stations and even went on national television, so why is she afraid to face the WebSleuthers? The only answer I have is that she's lying about what happened to Erica and probably everything else. There is no Nan!

Sorry for babbling – this case has my heart in a vise grip.

All of the above is my opinion only :moo:

P.S. And what the heck is up with this?

Last time I talked with Erica in 2012 she claimed to have hair extensions.
She had a pierced nose on the left side. She did this herself one day when I was in the hospital. I didn't let her wear a nose ring. So she probably is wearing one now. She loved piercings. She told me she is getting them in her eyebrows, cheeks, and up at least one ear.

http://www.helpfinderica.com/#!meeting-irene-goodman---aka-nan/c193m

The random ramblings of a woman trying to make someone seem alive long after she wasn't IMO.

I shudder ti imagine her actually joining this site to present her case. I could not bear it. I would need to take a vacation til she went away. The temptation to give her several large pieces of my mind would be far too great.

It really makes me mad that she is writing negative things about Carolyn. Carolyn gave Erica up for adoption and Casey and Sandy didn't take care of her... they claim they lost Erica (IMO something far worse than some fake person named Nan taking Erica and disappearing happened MOO) So it really ticks me off that she is writing that Erica didn't want to see Carolyn ever again etc on the "help find Erica" website. IMO it shows what kind of person she is to talk about Carolyn this way.

http://www.helpfinderica.com/#!meeting-irene-goodman---aka-nan/c193m

Carolyn has admitted that she was not the right person to be raising Erica when Erica was born. So she did what she was encouraged to do and what she felt was RIGHT. FOR Erica. She gave her to a family that claimed they would love and care for her.

It burns my butt too angiefly2, that she would use the finderica site to try to smear Carolyn and deflect blame from her own self all at once. It's reprehensible to me. But then I expected nothing else from this woman.

Where is Erica Casey?

I'm not holding my breath waiting for any confirmation from reliable sources to back up anything that the adoptive mother has to say. All of the records, according to her, have disappeared.

The thing is, even if every word she says about Carolyn's mothering skills, habits or lack thereof are true, not one word of it is relevant to the fact that Erica disappeared under her watch.

Casey, I am not interested in Carolyn's parenting. Her parenting is not in question lady. Yours is. Lets talk about your parenting shall we?

I was just watching some of the old Dr. Phil footage. Not sure if this was covered of not, but was there ever an obituary for Irene Goodman found? I would find it hard to believe that anyone dies these days without being able to find an obit. I've been looking but cannot find one.

EDIT: Billy Goodman, surely he would know, right? Has anyone interviewed him? I think LE has more info than is publknown right now.

see post 304 by member ACandyRose in the linked thread. It shows some of the research she did and what she found regarding Erica's paternal bio grandmother "Irene". Post respectfully copied and pasted here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...owan-County-19-Nov-2011-1-*ENDANGERED*/page13

08-15-2013, 01:07 PM

I found the parents and siblings of a Billy Dean Goodman who was born 01/31/1964 (49 yrs old) in Cabarrus, North Carolina. This family that I found has a son of the same name, dob, location, as the Billy (with long rap sheet) mentioned above. This Billy's mother died July 11, 2005 in (Cabarrus Co) Kannapolis, North Carolina, but his mother's first name is not Irene, it's Cloie Lou (also spelled Cloie Lue) and she died July 11, 2005 at the Avante of Concord Nursing Center. Billy Dean Goodman has 3 brothers and 4 sisters.

Then again, we only got the name "Irene" from Casey Parsons. So unless we believe Casey 100%, we don't know if that is, in fact, "the" Grandmothers, or any Grandmother's first name, or even if this so called "Nan" was Ericia's real BIO Grandmother or if "Nan" even exists.

Erica's BIO mother Carolyn Parsons never said that Billy's deceased mother's name is Irene, only that Erica couldn't be with her father's bio Grandmother because her Grandmother died in 2005. Later on she added that both Grandmother's on both sides (her's and bio dads) were deceased.

I am trying to find out if there is anybody, any relative in that Billy Dean Goodman family that I found with the name Irene, even a middle name, or nickname. So far found none.

If anybody here is interested in what I've already found for further research, let me know.

Just an FYI of eye rolling interest, If you go to the .pdf file that Salisbury Post provided with the flow chart of all the names, where Billy Goodman is listed as the bio father, they mention his girlfriend's name, Janice "Strawberry" Jackson.

http://www.salisburypost.com/assets/pdf/SP9377810.pdf

If you go back out to the North Carolina Offender Search web site, there are several Janice Jackson's listed, one around the same age as Billy boy.

ACR (still digging) :seeya:​

her site is a treasure trove of resources meticulously gathered on cases. glad I could help you find what you needed.

Please be a huge bail nobody can raise !!!!!!

The adoptive parents of missing Rowan County teenager Erica Parsons pleaded not guilty to more than 70 fraud charges on Wednesday morning.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/adoptive-parents-erica-parsons-plead-not-guilty-fr/ngwnr/

A federal indictment said Sandy and Casey Parsons received government-funded adoption assistance, Medicaid, Social Security and food assistance totaling nearly $130,000 to care for Erica Parsons, even though she had been missing for more than a year. -

http://triadnc.twcnews.com/content/...arsons-plead-not-guilty/#sthash.GBQOqzOk.dpuf

Their son, Jamie Parsons, told WBTV that federal agents kicked the door in, guns drawn, when they came to serve the warrants on his parents.

He also said that over the previous two days, his mother indicated that she knew she was going to be arrested.
"Momma said she knew that they were coming. She had a feeling they were coming," Jamie said.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/26212608/...ica-parsons-plead-not-guilty-to-fraud-charges

She didn't have a feeling. This wasn't her sixth sense. She 's known all along about her crimes and knew she was caught !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo