NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #6 *Parents chgd w/Murder*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Casey and Sandy Parsons sentenced to combined 18 years in prison

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 6:49 AM PST Updated: Mar 27, 2015 2:44 PM PST By David Whisenant

SALISBURY, NC (WBTV) - The adoptive parents of missing Rowan County teenager Erica Parsons were sentenced in federal court to a combined total of 18 years in prison Friday.

Sandy Wade Parsons, 41, and Casey Stone Parsons, 40, were sentenced by United States District Judge Thomas D. Schroeder in Winston-Salem.

Sandy Parsons was sentenced to 96 months in prison; 3 years supervised release; $14,062.00 in restitution; and a special assessment of $4,300.00.

Casey Parsons was sentenced to 120 months in prison; 3 years supervised release; $41,814.00 in restitution; and a special assessment of $1,500.00.

They were taken into custody immediately.

...Judge Schroeder lectured both Casey and Sandy as each heard their sentence. He said that he believed that they had abused Erica in such an extreme manner that when something happened to her in 2011, they refused to get medical help because the abuse would be evident.

Schroeder described Erica Parsons as a "defenseless little girl who only wanted to be loved," but instead was the victim of "extreme" abuse. He said that he believed the earlier testimony that Erica was forced to live in a closet, that she was constantly in fear of soiling herself, and that if she did, she was punished. Schroeder said he believed that on the Erica died in 2011, and that on that night she was first punished for complaining that she felt bad, then died and was taken and abandoned by Casey and Sandy in what the judge called a "horrible, horrible act committed in the dark of night."

"I have sentenced thousands of people over the years," Judge Schroeder told the couple, "but no case I've ever had is as disturbing as this one."

Read more: http://www.wbtv.com/story/28621234/casey-and-sandy-parsons-to-be-sentenced-in-federal-court-on-friday

I am so disappointed with these sentences [emoji23]

It's disappointing BUT they are locked up now and have no freedom and that to me is great :) they could still get more time when they find out what happened to erica and now there is no chance of them skipping the country and not facing up to it. It was a HELL YESSSS moment when I got up and read the news ;)

I just hope that the inmates where they are going know about what they did to Erica and give them a dose of their own medicine...Now that would be true justice.

Me too. but on the bright side, they can't influence their kids while in jail and hopefully before they are out will lose custody permanently.

Though I must admit, I don't like the thought of them being in the custody of anyone from either Sandy or Casey's families. It sounds as if everyone knew at least some of what was happening and did nothing.

Kudos to the judge for his statements about both of these excuses for human beings. Now is the time to really find out where they ditched Erica.

This is the first I heard of ' abandoning a body'. I mean I know we all assumed this is the case but how did the ' judge FIND out' ? TIA

And like I have to repeat on so many other threads, WHERE is ERICA ?????

I'm doing my best to whoop and holler about the paltry sentences that Casey and Sandy received. I am grateful for that, really... but I just can't revel right now. 199 years would have been justice in my mind even if Erica was never found. But these sentences - no. My biggest fear is that LE will now just drop her case and she'll become a faint memory of yet another unsolved crime.

Appeal away you a##holes - someday, somehow, something will come to light and you'll get your due...

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/sentencing-hearing-friday-adoptive-parents-missing/nkgF8/

That is my fear too. Now that they have been sentenced for the fraud and with neither talking, Erica's case may fade from the public interest and coverage will cease. I have believed Erica was dead from the beginning. I wish I felt otherwise and could have some hope she is out there somewhere, alive.

All I can do is pray that one day, someone stumbles across her remains. That is the best and most likely way I think someday Erica will be found and laid to rest with some dignity, giving her mother some closure. It is not my wish to offend those who still hold out hope. Hope is a good thing and certainly understandable from Carolyn's perspective. Were it my daughter who was missing under these circumstances, I cannot imagine I would do otherwise.

Very unsatisfied with the sentences and with the general outcome of this case.

I'm doing my best to whoop and holler about the paltry sentences that Casey and Sandy received. I am grateful for that, really... but I just can't revel right now. 199 years would have been justice in my mind even if Erica was never found. But these sentences - no. My biggest fear is that LE will now just drop her case and she'll become a faint memory of yet another unsolved crime.

Appeal away you a##holes - someday, somehow, something will come to light and you'll get your due...

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/sentencing-hearing-friday-adoptive-parents-missing/nkgF8/

In my fantasy world, I had hoped they would get something like 40 or 60 yrs , essentially the rest of their lives. At that point, you could sweeten the deal with good time or early parole or something to say where ERICA is. I hate the idea of that type of deal but I hate it slightly less than the idea of Erica never being revealed !

Erica was a precious, loving little girl and I would love to see Casey and Sandy behind bars for the rest of their lives, but the judge couldn't sentence them for what he believes happened to Erica. He could hear and take into account past behavior in his sentencing and he said that's what he did. I think he was very careful in what he said during sentencing and in the sentence given so that an appeal would have no merit and they would not get the sentence reduced.

I don't think Erica will soon be forgotten by the people of Rowan County nor by LE. I do think that since Erica was gone for nearly 2 years before she was reported missing that the agencies involved in the investigation (the Rowan County SO, the FBI, the IRS, the SSA, and the NC SBI) have thus far not be able to gather enough evidence to get a conviction for her "disappearance." I don't think they've given up, however. I think they hope to be able to gather more information while Sandy and Casey are behind bars and I hope they do. I believe Erica's case was and still is important to LE.

(FBI Special Agent Tara) Cataldo said that the investigation was given such a high priority that other investigations, including some involving national security, were interfered with by the Parsons investigation.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/28621234/...ns-to-be-sentenced-in-federal-court-on-friday

There can never be justice for Erica. She deserved to have a safe environment and a loving family to care for her. I'm pleased that these two poor excuses for humans are going to prison for something. Casey has gotten away with doing bad things most of her life from all reports and she is finally being held accountable for something. I hope they are both sent to federal prisons far from here so that Casey especially will no longer have mental control over any of her children.

This is the first I heard of ' abandoning a body'. I mean I know we all assumed this is the case but how did the ' judge FIND out' ? TIA
He didn't find out anything. Whoever tweeted that is incorrect. But after hearing all the evidence, the judge does have some theories.
Judge Schroeder called the Parsons “morally bankrupt,” saying he believed they “embarked on a plan to get rid of [Erica],” and “in the dark of night, did something to or with her.” http://myfox8.com/2015/03/27/judge-...ts-morally-bankrupt-sentences-them-to-prison/

He didn't find out anything. Whoever tweeted that is incorrect. But after hearing all the evidence, the judge does have some theories.
Thank you for clearing that up . When I read it I thought I had missed something major.

I'm just not sure. Did they cook up some plan for months to be rid of her? or was she just abused and neglected until she succumbed to it? And is that when they cooked up Nan and the road trip idea. Just in the images we saw of her there was a marked look of decline to her overall health appearance. So a cumulative event? or a decisive event? Magazines found about Jon Benet Ramsey is interesting of note. There's also plenty of cases out there of medicaid, ssi disability fraud. Where the person in charge of the disabled person places them into horrible conditions and neglected. So many questions....

I think they would have kept her alive as long as possible to keep those checks rolling in, but that sweet girl's body couldn't handle the abuse and neglect. My heart weeps for Erica Parsons. Her murder took place in bits for years. And every adult who encountered her apparently turned a blind eye to the family punching bag.

What is wrong with this world?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obamna
Back