NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #6 *Parents chgd w/Murder*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thinking of you Erica. I pray you can one day go home. [emoji171]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is no doubt a dumb question, but can you appeal if you pled guilty?

It's actually a great question. Logic would say no way . But this is the justice system. I'm sure they can say they pled guilty on advice from a ' bad ' lawyer.

In the meantime, here's Sandy's new home:

Sandy Parsons, adoptive father of missing Rowan County teen Erica Parsons, has been placed at a federal prison in Butner.

Parsons, convicted of federal fraud charges in October and sentenced to eight years in prison in March, was sent to the 1,300-inmate minimum-security Butner Federal Correctional Institution. It is one of four federal prisons at the complex about 15 miles north of Durham.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article21024303.html

From Considering's link:

The federal judge said this story was "a poorly concocted, deliberate falsehood."

Judge Thomas Schroeder lectured both Casey and Sandy as each heard their sentence. He said that he believed they had abused Erica in such an extreme manner that when something happened to her in 2011, they refused to get medical help because the abuse would be evident.

Schroeder described Erica Parsons as a "defenseless little girl who only wanted to be loved," but instead was the victim of "extreme" abuse.

He said that he believed testimony that Erica was forced to live in a closet, that she was constantly in fear of soiling herself, and that if she did, she was punished.

Schroeder said he believed that Erica died in 2011.

He said he believed that on that night she was first punished for complaining that she felt bad, then died and was taken and abandoned by Casey and Sandy in what the judge called a "horrible, horrible act committed in the dark of night."

http://www.wbtv.com/story/29034197/...sing-teen-appeal-convictions-on-federal-fraud

The article is worth reading; the judge said Casey was morally bankrupt and depraved and said Sandy had a twisted mind. Apt descriptions IMO.

Erica :rose: :tears:

Bumping for Erica. She's been on my mind recently.

I think about Erica often and came back to read the updates. I'm glad that C+S are incarcerated but cannot stomach the horror that poor Erica had to endure all her life. I truly hope both of them are eventually charged with her murder and Erica gets justice in our lifetime.

Rest in peace, sweet girl.

Thinking of Erica. I haven't posted on her in a long time, but I still hope and pray she is found and is at peace. Glad to see S&C are where they belong. Maybe with them incarcerated, somebody who knows something will come forward

I keep thinking that someone must at least know roughly when Erica first went missing, or noticed that she wasn't in the house one morning? One of the other children surely - I find it hard to believe that Casey and Sandy went through the whole 'meeting Nan and Strawberry' ruse with the kids one day - with Erica in tow. That seems to me to be a story that was concocted later. I think about this little waif and the cruelty and nastiness she must have endured right there at home often - it's just so wrong that she disappeared and nobody even noticed.

The oldest son is the one that finally brought it all to light. I would have to read back through all my notes to give specifics. If I remember correctly, he stated how long she had been gone. I'm hoping the rest of the kids come forward. Maybe if they all tell what they know, a puzzle will come together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Erica love, everyone here loves you and we think about you all the time.
I know that all the hard work so many here volunteer will one day pay off, and you will be brought home where you belong.
Hang in there love, were coming for you, we will not give up.
Karma=Justice
If you know what happened and or you know where Erica is, please, please tell the right people. You will be doing what's right, I know you do
not want this burden on your shoulders any longer. You will feel so much better, I promise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The oldest son is the one that finally brought it all to light. I would have to read back through all my notes to give specifics. If I remember correctly, he stated how long she had been gone. I'm hoping the rest of the kids come forward. Maybe if they all tell what they know, a puzzle will come together.

Hi windstorm :) Yes I recall that it was the older son who reported that Erica had not been seen for a very long time. I was thinking more in terms of either him or one of the other children noticing straight away that poor Erica just wasn't around any more. I know I've read that Erica was mistreated by the other children too, but surely there came a day when even they realised that she just wasn't there.
Just me wondering 'why' out loud here - it's just so very frustrating that nobody present cared about Erica enough to even know that she had vanished into thin air.

I'm on the same track you are. The oldest son told about her having been gone for a long time when he was kicked out of the house. I'm hoping, with the parents locked up, the other kids will tell what they know. Like the truth will start coming back in their minds when they are out from under the watchful eye of their parents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back