NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #6 *Parents chgd w/Murder*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for your reply, yes I guessed something to do with the federal system.

Do the authorities ever move prisoners out of state specifically for safety’s sake (ie being notorious in their own state)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally there's a possibility of justice for Erica. I didn't think it would ever happen.

Thanks for your reply, yes I guessed something to do with the federal system.

Do the authorities ever move prisoners out of state specifically for safety’s sake (ie being notorious in their own state)?

I assume that could be a reason. On the Federal level, prisoners can be transferred anywhere in the country for any number of reasons. The level of security is one I've seen a few times.

It's too early in the morning for me to be thinking.

Thank goodness for that. I wondered if it would ever happen. I’m glad Sandy is being charged equally, I was concerned he’d done some kind of deal for leading them to the body.

Question for Americans: why are the gruesome twosome in jails so far away from their home state? I assumed criminals were generally placed in jails in the state they committed the crime in, or where they live.

They are serving time in a federal pen for fraud. They collected federal money for her for several years after they tortured, murdered , and dismembered her. They will serve time in NC if convicted for her murder.

Finally there's a possibility of justice for Erica. I didn't think it would ever happen.
Never give up hope. They are solving murders these days that happened decades ago. This arrest is long overdue but since they were in prison I think NC just took their time and made sure they have a tight case against these two POSs.

I'm elated to learn of the murder charges. Poor little Erica would be a young lady now. 19 IIRC.

It's about time the Parsons get their due. Sweet Erica was nothing to these monsters but a check, now, the Parsons are just a set of numbers on their prison issued clothes.
I think of you every day, Erica & I just wanted you to know your a big part of my heart. [emoji174] [emoji257]

Finally! This is one of the cases that brought me to WS years ago and I still think of this poor, sweet child every day. These horrible people are almost unmatched in the contempt I feel for what they've done. Enjoy trying to sell backyard-bred hedgehogs off a Nokia from a prison bathroom for the rest of your life, Casey, and L'chaim to your lifelong of drinking toilet wine, Sandy.

Erica had a painful, terrifying life, but still smiled sweetly in some of the rare pictures taken of her. I hope those horrible monsters die in prison.

YES YES YES! Erica was silenced by her death, but her fight continues! Justice is coming sweet little girl!! You aren't forgotten!

>erica parsons' adoptive parents are charged with murdering the 13-year-old girl and dismembering her body seven years after her disappearance

>erica parson, 13, disappeared from her adoptive parents' home in 2011 but was not reported missing until 2013

>grand jury on tuesday indicted sandy and casey parsons on counts of first-degree murder, felony concealment of death and obstruction of justice

>indictment alleges parents tried to conceal erica's death by dismembering her body and removing organs

>erica's skeletal remains were discovered in chesterfield county, south carolina, in october 2016

>autopsy report said child died of 'homicidal violence of undetermined means', possibly from blunt force trauma, infection, poisoning or suffocation

>while living with casey and sandy, erica was beaten, whipped with a belt buckle, fed dog food, had her fingers bent back and her arm was broken

>the parsons are already in prison on fraud convictions for accepting federal benefits for the girl after she went missing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5414697/erica-parsons-adoptive-parents-charged-girls-death.html

good. Riddance.

I am so happy to hear this. Justice is finally coming for sweet little Erica Lynn.

I am on hiatus but HAD to stop in to Erica's thread to comment how relieved I am that finally, at long last, justice will be done for our gal.

Social Services investigated Parsons household twice

https://www.salisburypost.com/2018/02/27/social-services-investigated-parsons-household-twice/

According to this article Rowan County DSS placed Erica in the custody of her aunt (Casey's sister) in 2004 as abuse was substantiated at that time. As I recall, in the past that transfer was presented as voluntary on the part of Sandy and Casey, but it seemingly was not. The aunt lived in a neighboring county and there is no information in this article about how Casey and Sandy were able to get Erica back with them.

And this from the 2002 investigation

Mom reports that child is adopted and mom does not love her.

Why would a child be left with a "mom" who said that?!

Look who's back in Rowan County.

casey parsons.jpg

Shavonne Potts
‏@SalPostPotts

Casey Parsons' RoCo mugshot. Detectives & an SBI agent flew to a Fla. federal prison today. She was brought directly to the county jail. 1st appearance Wed. No media cameras allowed say officials. Charged w 1st deg murder in the death of #EricaParsons

https://twitter.com/SalPostPotts

From David Whisenant's report:

On Tuesday, detectives with the Rowan County Sheriff's Office flew to Florida to pick up Casey Parsons, now charged with murder and other charges in the death of her adopted daughter Erica Parsons.

Parsons was being held in the Federal Correctional Institution in Tallahassee on fraud charges. She was returned to Salisbury on Tuesday afternoon and charged with first-degree murder, felony child abuse inflicting serious injury, felony concealment of death, and felony obstruction of justice.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/37713568/...arged-with-murder-in-adoptive-daughters-death

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back