NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #6 *Parents chgd w/Murder*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Little Erica, I hope you may Rest In Peace finally and I am so sorry you experienced so much cruelty, in such a short amount of time and never got the chance to see all the good and beautiful stuff this world has to offer. It's not fair and I just pray you are flying high sweet angel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So very glad she finally has a resting place. Now hoping charges will be filed against those two monsters! Has cause of death been released yet?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

From a June 25, 2017 article on the state budget:

Local allocations include money for an additional assistant district attorney in Rowan County,...
All legislators were familiar with and spoke about the benefits of an additional district attorney in Rowan County. The state’s budget would increase the total from eight assistant district attorneys to nine.

“This is something that District Attorney (Brandy) Cook has been wanting ever since she got into office, and there was just an opportunity this year to get it,” Warren said.

He said Cook inherited one of the largest case backlogs in the state when she was elected in 2010.

Sen. Tom McInnis, R-25, said the additional position will be especially important as Cook prepares to prosecute those responsible for the death of Erica Parsons.

My bolding.

http://www.salisburypost.com/2017/06/25/local-projects-join-teacher-raises-tax-cuts-state-budget/

Crossing my fingers Casey and Sandy will see charges this year.

Who killed Erica Parsons?

A year later, many area residents are starting to wonder why no arrest has been made in her case.

The answer lies with the State Medical Examiner’s office that has still not been able to determine how Erica died.

Captain John Sifford from the Rowan County Sheriff’s office said in a statement to NBC Charlotte, “The NC Medical Examiner’s Office has consulted with a number of experts from across the United States and until they return their report, we cannot go forward with filing any kind of charges in this case.”

Carolyn Parsons, Erica’s biological mother, said she is glad Erica was found but wishes the case could move to the next level where she might get some answers about what happened.

~Hello :)! ...New to this case and have been doing research, but there are a few things I can't find. Have we ever found out Erica's cause of death? Has anyone been sentenced? Were both Casey & Sandy abusing her or was there a main one doing it and the other just following along? Also, what's this about her brother biting? TIA for any help :)!

ETA- I see the answer to #1&2 above.

~Hello :)! ...New to this case and have been doing research, but there are a few things I can't find. Have we ever found out Erica's cause of death? Has anyone been sentenced? Were both Casey & Sandy abusing her or was there a main one doing it and the other just following along? Also, what's this about her brother biting? TIA for any help :)!

ETA- I see the answer to #1&2 above.

I think many of us feel the mom was the primary abuser and the dad just allowed it or turned a blind eye. I know mom and dad are useless terms in this family but I have never been able to keep up with who is who with names so similar. I think the other children were allowed/ encouraged/made to abuse her as well but did not choose to do so on their own :(

SALISBURY — What takes the top priority for Rowan County Sheriff Kevin Auten and others in his command staff in 2018 is bringing a resolution to the Erica Parsons case. The case, which began in 2013, has been one that crossed state lines, involved federal authorities, countless interviews with her adoptive parents and now in its final stages remains in the hands of the state medical examiner’s office.

Auten said this week it’s been frustrating to him and investigators because the N.C. Medical Examiner has not released her findings a year after investigators delivered the young girls’ remains to them in September 2016.

“Our investigation is done. We are waiting on them. We’ve done all we can do at this point,” Auten declared.

He said he understands this is a complicated case, but notes that it’s been a year since the Medical Examiner’s Office performed an autopsy of the girl’s remains. Dr. Deborah Radisch is North Carolina’s chief medical examiner.

Auten added that without those results the Rowan County District Attorney’s Office is also in limbo.

“We understand Brandy Cook doesn’t want to move forward with it until that report comes in,” he said.

http://www.salisburypost.com/2017/1...ons-opioid-crisis-are-top-priorities-in-2018/

Here's hoping 2018 will be Erica's year for justice.

I hope these sub-human |adoptive parents" get their due in prison, and I hope it is excruciating torture.

Breaking: #EricaParsons autopsy shows she "may have been suffering from untreated infection/sepsis, rhabdomyolysis, renal failure, or poisoning at that time, all of which could have caused her death." https://t.co/1Zjusa0WIO

[emoji20] Poor girl. How horrific. [emoji20]

ROWAN COUNTY, NC (WBTV) -
The official autopsy for Erica Parsons released Tuesday may not give a definite cause of death, but it does give insight into how the young girl lived before she was killed.

The autopsy states Parsons' cause of death was "homicidal violence of undetermined means." The coroner wrote "we cannot exclude the possibility of a terminal blunt force injury, suffocation or strangulation."
During the course of the years-long investigation and fraud trial Jamie Parsons - along with other alleged witnesses - told investigators that Erica was abused during her stay with Sandy and Casey by himself and multiple family members.
The autopsy states that "fractures documented at autopsy are consistent with multiple blunt force injuries over a prolonged period, and the growth deficit and low bone density are consistent with malnourishment. The description of the decedent just prior to her disappearance suggests she may have been the suffering from untreated infection/sepsis, rhabdomyolysis, renal failure, or poisoning at that time, all of which could have caused her death."

The autopsy goes on to state that "Given the history of physical abuse, and signs of physical abuse present at autopsy, we cannot exclude the possibility of a terminal blunt force injury, suffocation or strangulation."

http://www.wbtv.com/story/37227660/...etails-about-how-erica-parsons-died-and-lived
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/me...ause-of-death-in-erica-parsons-case/680639005
:tears:
I know it comes as no surprise to us following poor Erica's case but it's still emotional to see confirmation of the horrible, ongoing abuse she suffered during her short life.

Now that the ME has released the autopsy let's hope Casey and Sandy will finally be arrested and held accountable for her murder.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back