NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of hats... The Hoover Crips usually tip their hat to the right, EXCEPT for the HC from Minnesota who tip their hat to the left. Notice the ATM photo.

What about posting his picture at the ATM on billboards in the area? Plus, including on the billboard an anonymous 800 phone number to call to get in the queue for the reward? This jerk has to surface eventually. Also, what about yearbooks from high schools - maybe he didn't graduate but he could have his picture in one or two years he attended. Do you think he had an active license? Sure he was driving but is there any possibility that pictures are kept on file at Motor Vehicle Registry offices - on harddrives, etc.? Also, I'm pretty sure this guy must have commited a few crimes in his younger days - would he have his picture in booking files at police departments? Also, he had to have his Afro maintained - what about barber shops that cater specifically to Black clients?
I'm just throwing out ideas - if manpower is an issue (which it probably is), why not use cadets in the academy to pour over photobooks, files, etc.
Any other ideas? :confused:

I just really can't help thinking that she knew one of the men. Maybe from campus tour or event.
In the mddle of the night, wouldn't an intelligent young woman lock her doors in the car?
Unless she was forced into her vehicle, but somehow I dont see that either...

>snip
Woodall said the many friendships Carson had made her death particularly "tragic." One of his assistant district attorneys and a judge in Orange County knew her, he said.
"She's just made so many connections with the university community and the town," Woodall said.
>snip

This also from the Daily Tar Heel 03/07: "The police department's records dating back to 2001 don't show any violent crimes in the area where Carson was found, Curran said. Only six carjackings with force were reported in Chapel Hill between 2004 and October 2007.

She was found in a wealthy neighborhood where few students live, residents said. It is a popular place for jogging and walking dogs."

This also from the Daily Tar Heel 03/07: "The police department's records dating back to 2001 don't show any violent crimes in the area where Carson was found, Curran said. Only six carjackings with force were reported in Chapel Hill between 2004 and October 2007.

She was found in a wealthy neighborhood where few students live, residents said. It is a popular place for jogging and walking dogs."

Quite literally this guy doesn't live in Chapel Hill. Could be in on the carjacking definitely. They need to check Durham or Raleigh. I love the yearbook idea!!

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper885/stills/exgbx6wn.jpg
is a link to an early map that was published in the Daily Tar Heel.
This is a link to a timeline also at the Daily Tar Heel: http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper885/stills/oq890wzq.jpg

It seems to me from looking at the google map that Eve's murder occurred in an area that was near the main road to Durham.

Thanks so much for this, Emily.
In my mind I see exactly all of these streets, all of this area I remember so easily.
Thanks again!:)

Night crew reporting!

According to wral.com http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2527109/, Eve's body was found lying in the middle of the road.

Does someone have a link to the news story that reported blood found on both sides of the road?

Has anyone mapped this yet?

Is there a copy store in the shopping center where her cell was found?

Emily,
Hey! Good to see you back tonight...check out this pic.
If it's not allowed, mods please delete.
surv1-carson-510x383.jpg

>snip

We've looked at the photographs. From what I can tell, I do not see her in the car," Curran said. "That does not mean at some point in the investigation (we won't see that)."

>snip

Isn't it possible that the man in the back is telling Eve, "to Get down and lay on the floor"? She could very well be in there, since this duo had access to Eve's car.

That's really weird, the only person in there? I wonder if they mean excluding the employee?
BrowneyedEmily,
I took it to mean he was the only customer in the store at the time. :waitasec: I could be wrong.
Man, he is bold....:furious: just killed a precious young woman, stole her car, phone and ATM card and he's trying to use it in a convenience store --in plain view.
Somebody call LE and turn this murderer in.

Lesleegp,
About the 2nd car. I didn't see that until you pointed it out. Definitely looks like the killer driving the car is in the bank lane next to the ATM machine. The second car----is it there with someone giving the murderer instructions?

In the second set of photos released, is that a leather jacket he's wearing? And in the first a sweatshirt jacket?

I took it to mean he was the only customer in the store at the time. :waitasec: I could be wrong.
Man, he is bold....:furious: just killed a precious young woman, stole her car, phone and ATM card and he's trying to use it in a convenience store --in plain view.
Somebody call LE and turn this murderer in.

Given his track record and the fact LE says he "attempted to use" the ATM in the store with Ms. Carson's card, I would be inclined to think the store clerk was rather fortunate that night.

It's obviously a different jacket, but I don't know if it's leather or not. I can see it being a cotton.

Seriously, why is this taking so long?

He's either really bold or really stupid, IMO.

I think they know MUCH more than they are letting out to the public. I would bet that they have a name by now....they'll get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe