NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will get him. I just hope they don't offer a plea deal.

I know. I would doubt it, though. I think people would go crazy if they did, as much as everyone loved Eve. This guy picked the wrong person to do this to...not that LE wouldn't work as hard for someone else, but there will be a HUGE outcry if any deals are offered to this evil scum.

Is it just me or is this guy really bold? I bet he has done something like this before.

Is it just me or is this guy really bold? I bet he has done something like this before.

I don't think he has, at least not like this. He may have been with someone while they did it, but he seems to be an amateur - getting caught on cameras, with great photos of him, is an awful way of getting away with something (lucky for us). It just seems to me that he doesn't really know what he's doing, that he's just making decisions as he goes.

My guess is this is the guy from the back seat. This isn't the driver in the ATM pict....he has a 'fro and this guy in the store looks like his hair is braided or dreaded. JMO.

Was this case ever solved, I don't think so. Do we know the height of the perp in Eve's murder?

In June 2007: this pregnant woman was murdered.
WAKE COUNTY, NC: Autopsy confirms that Jenna died of a single stab wound to her neck. A one-inch-wide wound went 3.7 inches into the left side of Jenna Nielsen's neck, hitting her carotid artery and her internal jugular vein, the autopsy found.

description of perp:
He is described as being in his late teens or early 20s, standing about 5 feet, 3 inches tall and weighing about 120 pounds. He had black hair pulled into a ponytail and wore a dark-colored sleeveless shirt and baggy denim shorts.

Was this case ever solved, I don't think so. Do we know the height of the perp in Eve's murder?

In June 2007: this pregnant woman was murdered.
WAKE COUNTY, NC: Autopsy confirms that Jenna died of a single stab wound to her neck. A one-inch-wide wound went 3.7 inches into the left side of Jenna Nielsen's neck, hitting her carotid artery and her internal jugular vein, the autopsy found.

description of perp:
He is described as being in his late teens or early 20s, standing about 5 feet, 3 inches tall and weighing about 120 pounds. He had black hair pulled into a ponytail and wore a dark-colored sleeveless shirt and baggy denim shorts.

No, this hasn't been solved yet. There were rumors that this was done by someone in a gang, as well, but there was hardly any evidence. I think LE screwed up on this one, because several days after LE left, a guy walking about a half-mile from the scene found the alleged murder weapon, a knife. But the MOs don't match up with this case.

Welcome Hucklepie! I just love your name!:)
Thanks! It's technically my cat Huckle's pet name, but she lets me borrow it for message boards.

I've been checking different news sites around the state on and off today and I'm amazed that they haven't gotten any leads on the identity of the men in the ATM photo. Apparently the possible lead in Gaston County last night didn't amount to anything, I haven't heard another mention of it all day.

Have the police said whether they can say for certain that the perps ever put Eve in the car at all? I could be completely confused about this, but I was pretty sure she was found in a neighborhood near (definitely within walking distance) where she lived. The fact that she was wearing shoes makes me think she must have been out and about - going to her office, roommates said she often walked there even late at night - and wasn't snatched out of her bedroom or anything like that. Then again, from everything I've read about how welcoming Eve was to everyone, even students she had never met before, I don't doubt that she would have gone along to try to help if the perps fed her a lie about car trouble or something of the sort.

Technically, I'm an ABC fan - Anybody BUT Carolina! - but I hate to see this happen anywhere. It's a tragedy to lose someone like her, regardless of where or how it happened.

No, this hasn't been solved yet. There were rumors that this was done by someone in a gang, as well, but there was hardly any evidence. I think LE screwed up on this one, because several days after LE left, a guy walking about a half-mile from the scene found the alleged murder weapon, a knife. But the MOs don't match up with this case.

Right, BEE. I thought I'd read that there was another unsolved crime in NC along the lines of the same, victim died of knife wounds. Was she pregnant as well? I agree, but somehow the cold blooded nature is what makes me want to tie it in, maybe this is this "gangs" strategy. I sure hope LE brings in experts from gang strategics like they claim they are doing?
The Carolinas' crime scene have really escalated. I have kin in Greensboro.
Are they up to speed with murder investigations there? I certainly hope so. I really felt the Alabama Police dept was on the ball from day one. They caught that perp quickly!

Well, to be honest, there are several murders in the area that are unsolved that really bother me:

1. Jenna Nielsen (mentioned above)
2. Michelle Young (Raleigh)
3. Janet Abaroa (Durham)

These three were all pregnant.

There have been several crimes, not murders, that remain either unsolved or the perp is no longer in prison, according to an inmate inquiry, and it's frustrating. Sometimes they're right on the ball, and other times...not so much. But I guess that's everywhere.

Sweetmop, you're very welcome!

Philamena, the night crew is back!

I was creating a google map? I am stuck on the shopping center between Chapel Hill and Durham.

The perps ret'd Eve's SUV right around the corner from where she lived. Their car was parked in her neighborhood. Eve was wearing a gold necklace when she was found. They didn't want her necklace; they wanted $$.

Does anyone know if what Eve was wearing (the blue top, grey sweatpants, grey and blue Converse tennis shoes) when she was found were the same clothes she was wearing when she was last seen?

Her roommate last saw her at 1:30 AM? Did Eve go to bed, get up and start the day before 5AM? Or, was she still finishing up from the night before? If the copy shop was not w/in walking distance, then she'd have to take her purse w/ her license, cash, etc.

I think the guy in the convenience store is the guy in the back seat altho he's alot thinner and younger than I thought. If he was wearing a black jacket, that would explain his shadowiness and why he blended into the background in the photo.

I think that Sweetmop is right. There was no facial hair on the ATM perp photo.

I have never seen so many clip art attachments that are not news' links as with this case. Eve will be missed by many more than she ever personally knew. She stood for everything that most of us would have been so proud to achieve and all within her short life.

Well, to be honest, there are several murders in the area that are unsolved that really bother me:

3. Janet Abaroa (Durham)

There have been several crimes, not murders, that remain either unsolved or the perp is no longer in prison, according to an inmate inquiry, and it's frustrating. Sometimes they're right on the ball, and other times...not so much. But I guess that's everywhere.

I know this is OT, but I agree. Gangs must be getting stronger.
The above looks like serial crime.

Eve's murderer looks unique they should be able to nail him!!

My guess is this is the guy from the back seat. This isn't the driver in the ATM pict....he has a 'fro and this guy in the store looks like his hair is braided or dreaded. JMO.

I agree. He is wearing a bulky black coat and no hat, the 'fro. Looks more like the dark figure in the back seat.

Sweetmop, you're very welcome!

Philamena, the night crew is back!

I was creating a google map? I am stuck on the shopping center between Chapel Hill and Durham.

The perps ret'd Eve's SUV right around the corner from where she lived. Their car was parked in her neighborhood. Eve was wearing a gold necklace when she was found. They didn't want her necklace; they wanted $$.

Does anyone know if what Eve was wearing (the blue top, grey sweatpants, grey and blue Converse tennis shoes) when she was found were the same clothes she was wearing when she was last seen?

Her roommate last saw her at 1:30 AM? Did Eve go to bed, get up and start the day before 5AM? Or, was she still finishing up from the night before? If the copy shop was not w/in walking distance, then she'd have to take her purse w/ her license, cash, etc.

I think the guy in the convenience store is the guy in the back seat altho he's alot thinner and younger than I thought. If he was wearing a black jacket, that would explain his shadowiness and why he blended into the background in the photo.

See I think it is the perp, bigger jacket to disguise his frame. And greased back hair.

I have to play around w/ the photos a little more altho the perspective, looking down, throws it off for me. He's got product in his hair, some kind of pomade, and a ponytail in the back. Very long hair. He's rather grubby looking. Gloves on his hands?

3. Janet Abaroa (Durham)

I'm pretty sure LE knows exactly who murdered Janet Abaroa - just can't seal it tight. The same with Michelle Young - LE just searched homes in Brevard where the husband has been living since the murder - he is still suspect 1.

Jenna I believe was most likely either a gang punk or just a regular punk with no direct tie to her. This one unfortunately they may not solve because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08