NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sick of hearing the words...move on, closure, our society has about a 24 hour news cycle attention span (course cause it hasn't happened to them or their family member)...These families have no closure and they don't "move on"...they get up every day and just go thru the motions of life, for a long long time.

You're so right, and that is very sad.
Eve's parents and younger brother will be forever changed.
The thought of her violent, senseless death will never be removed from their minds.

I can't even begin to imagine the heartache they are suffering!
I hope these arrests can help them a little bit.

I'm still unclear, these guys were both picked up during raids on houses in neighborhoods: was there no one else in these houses at the time? are there no individuals being dragged in for questioning of harboring, or aiding-and-abetting these punks? Is everyone around them pleading total ignorance that these were the perps LE was looking for??? And I s'pose none of them knew anything about the Duke shooting either that they failed to report? What gives?
And I don't mean to be too harsh with LE (I know they have to walk a fine line), but I do believe if they had given out a few more details and timeline earlier on, these guys would've been taken down even sooner.

I'm still unclear, these guys were both picked up during raids on houses in neighborhoods: was there no one else in these houses at the time? are there no individuals being dragged in for questioning of harboring, or aiding-and-abetting these punks? Is everyone around them pleading total ignorance that these were the perps LE was looking for??? And I s'pose none of them knew anything about the Duke shooting either that they failed to report? What gives?
And I don't mean to be too harsh with LE (I know they have to walk a fine line), but I do believe if they had given out a few more details and timeline earlier on, these guys would've been taken down even sooner.[/QUOTE]

I think two arrested in a week is dang good. And once again if the LE gave more details who knows what might have happened.And how can you be sure they would have been caught sooner. For all we know if they would have given more info the preps might have fled the state.

I know people have mentioned some myspace pages, but does Lovette have one?? I thought someone posted it but it was taken down or something like that. I can't remember anything anymore
It's still up. You'll have to go back a few pages. A poster named, AdoraBlue, or something like that, posted a link to Lovett's Myspace account.

I wonder what would make a 17-year-old so angry and have so little regard for life?

I know people have mentioned some myspace pages, but does Lovette have one?? I thought someone posted it but it was taken down or something like that. I can't remember anything anymore
It's still up. You'll have to go back a few pages. A poster named, AdoraBlue, or something like that, posted a link to Lovett's Myspace account.

I wonder what would make a 17-year-old so angry and have so little regard for life? Is this an example of a kid who had all of the wrong influences in his life and someone put a gun in his hand and taking lives made him feel powerful?

Does seem a little flippant. A gorgeous life destroyed, so hey, let's get some (buzzword) closure and (buzzwords) move on. How can one quickly "move on" from the loss of a life so complex and rich?? What about what she would have done that she now can't do? I think the writer is grossly immature and, yeah, lacks some soul.
c6

I agree crypto and CP. Maybe these attitudes are just another product of our "disposable" society. Life is not a video game. :mad:

You guys are right about this is just the start of a lot more info to come!! I wonder how they made the link to the Duke Grad Student?? Balistics maybe, but don't those tests take awhile??

Could be they found something of Mr. Mahato's in Lovette's possession and/or residences, as they did with the perp in the Lauren Burk case, connecting him to the armed robbery of the lady in the Sam's Club parking lot.

Something else I am wondering about . . . seems like some of these perps family/friends would have "done the right thing" and turned them in -- surely they saw the pictures. I know the tips came from Crimestoppers but wouldn't the parents of these young males want them to face the consequences of their crimes? Oh wait, I know the answer to that. :furious:

Oh and I'd be willing to bet Atwater had help turning his puffball Afro into those cornrows.

I wonder what would make a 17-year-old so angry and have so little regard for life? Is this an example of a kid who had all of the wrong influences in his life and someone put a gun in his hand and taking lives made him feel powerful?

You know Nan, you have articulated something here that I have been trying to figure out. So so so sad, all of these lives wasted.

Two arrested and potentially two murders solved in a week seems quite good to me too.

Oh I agreed. I am just getting really frustrated with people on this board. No matter what case it is. Are never happy with the way LE did things.And actually if people would think The murder in Alabama the one at Auburn all had arrest quick. Of course we never hear the ones complaing about the LE give the LE credit on thiose cases.:crazy:

Here's copy of all of Lawrence Lovette's/aka Gangsta Punk, previous criminal acts.

Too bad he was out on the streets!:furious:

http://media.mgnetwork.com/ncn/pdf/080313_lovette.pdf

Yes, IMO, anyone who has been arrested that many times in four months SHOULD NOT be walking the streets. I don't care if jails are overcrowded, put up some tent cities like Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Maricopa County, AZ.

Oh I agreed. I am just getting really frustrated with people on this board. No matter what case it is. Are never happy with the way LE did things.And actually if people would think The murder in Alabama the one at Auburn all had arrest quick. Of course we never hear the ones complaing about the LE give the LE credit on thiose cases.:crazy:

Ok my friend, when your right your right! LE did a terrific job on these two cases. Perhaps now they could give Reno LE some lessons!

:crazy:

Ok my friend, when your right your right! LE did a teriffic job on these two cases. Perhaps now they could give Reno LE some lessons!

:crazy:
I think these LE had a lot more to go on then the Reno LE.I know the RPD are doing everything they can.

These two should NEVER have been paroled. This stuff happens in Philly all the time, with criminals being let off the hook and moving on to commit murder and other crimes. I'm sick of it. :furious:
I hear you news!!!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member