NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 *Arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

One of the few bodies of water in between the SUV found between Quincy Drive and Rosewood Mobile Home Park that isnt very populated, well hidden and easy to get to. Mackenzie Lueck and Aniah Blanchard's bodies were damn near impossible to locate in comparison.

Refresher from April 25, 2019 -- this family still awaiting justice :(

Three separate law enforcement agencies had the power to arrest and detain McLellan for crimes committed weeks before Hania’s abduction. Had they followed up, he could have been behind bars on Nov. 5 rather than walking to Hania’s yard in the Rosewood Mobile Home Park.

In September 2017, more than a year before Hania’s abduction, the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office received evidence from the state crime lab connecting McLellan’s DNA to a 2016 rape case. No one acted on that evidence until December 2018, after Hania had been found dead.

On Oct. 16, three weeks before Hania’s kidnapping, police in the neighboring town of Fairmont put out a warrant for McLellan’s arrest, accusing him of attempted robbery and second-degree kidnapping in a carjacking gone wrong. That warrant went unserved until Nov. 13, eight days after Hania disappeared.

And on Oct. 17, the state’s Post-Release Supervision and Parole Commission issued a second warrant for McLellan’s arrest, noting he had violated the terms of his recent release from prison. Nothing happened until Nov. 13, while pleas from Hania’s mother grew increasingly desperate.

The failure to arrest McLellan prior to the slaying of a 13-year-old represents a breakdown in the criminal justice system that few working within it are willing to explain or discuss.

Former Robeson County District Attorney Johnson Britt said Hania “might be alive” had deputies acted on the DNA evidence. Sheriff Burnis Wilkins, who moved into his job days after Hania’s body was found, said “it angers me, and I’ve got to deal with it.”

But Wilkins has declined interviews with The News & Observer, referring questions to his head of major crimes, who promised a statement but has not yet produced any information.

Fairmont Police Chief Jon Edwards did not return multiple calls from The N&O since December, when he described the details of the attempted carjacking but not McLellan’s outstanding warrant.

When The N&O asked about the pair of unserved warrants, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Public Safety said parole officers were “cooperating with the local police department,” citing a statute that keeps parolee information confidential. The state expected Fairmont police to serve their warrant and believed they were actively searching for him.

A spokesman for N.C. Gov. Roy Cooper said in an email to The N&O, “This is a tragic case and it’s in the best interest of public safety for all law enforcement agencies involved to review it carefully and apply any lessons that can be learned from it.”

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article229573309.html

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

One of the few bodies of water in between the SUV found between Quincy Drive and Rosewood Mobile Home Park that isnt very populated, well hidden and easy to get to. Mackenzie Lueck and Aniah Blanchard's bodies were damn near impossible to locate in comparison.

Except Hania was not located between Quincy Drive and Rosewood Mobile Home Park. It was the SUV located there within 3 days of the abduction after somebody called 911 and said they saw the vehicle parked in the woods.

After finding the SUV, it took 20 more days before the FBI located Hania's body after following leads to the area west of Hwy 74 in Smyrna, NC.

Hania disappeared with the clothes on her back after taken by a masked man. Investigators had no gps/cell phone pings to track and no identity on the masked man. The masked man was arrested 10 days after Hania's body recovered.

On the other hand, Makenzie was found in Logan Canyon within 3 days of AA's arrest after investigators followed his phone pings to that area.

Sorry -- I just can't equate a child missing for 23 days with her remains in a "predictable area."

Perhaps the SUV was more predictable?

I'm not familiar with the other victim you cited.

MOO

Disagree look at the map I posted, the second location is where they found the body it's between the suv and mobile home park, body location is marked A on the link. I think if I were working the case the spot where they found her body would have been one of the first places I would have looked. Search the local water areas first and that is clearly the most likely body of water.

Monday, December 9th:
*Status Hearing (for Hania’s case) (@ am session ET) – NC – Hania Noelia Aguilar (13) (abducted Nov. 5, 2018, found Nov. 27, 2018, in a shallow pond more than 4 feet deep off Wire Grass Road outside of Lumberton) - *Michael Ray McLellan (34) indicted (12/3/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (5/14/19) & indicted (additional charges 5/17/19) with 1st degree murder, 1st degree forcible rape & statutory rape of a person under 15, 1st degree sexual offense & statutory sex offense with a person under 15, 1st degree kidnapping, felony larceny, felony restraint, abduction of a child & concealment of a death. Held without bond. DA will seek DP.
Court information from 12/7/18 thru 6/7/19 reference post #26 here:
Found Deceased - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 *Arrest* - #5

7/23/19 Update: Status hearing on kidnapping, Hania & rape case. Hearing on Hania’s case on 9/5. Kidnapping case on 10/8. Rape case hearing on 9/9/19. Defense filed motion for speedy trial in August. 9/5/19: Next hearing on 12/9.

*Charged
(12/10/18) & indicted (1/7/19) with 1st degree rape & 1st degree burglary. $5M bond. Revoked (12/10/18). 2016 rape case
9/9/19 Update: Hearing on 2016 rape case. Next hearing on 10/7. 10/7/19: McLellan has been appointed a second attorney. Case will not be heard today. His attorneys have been given cases files to prepare his defense. No update on dates as of 12/7.
*Charged (10/15/18) & arrested (11/13/18) with 2nd degree kidnapping, possession of a firearm by felony & attempted robbery with dangerous weapon. (10/15/18 kidnapping case in Fairmont). $2.5M bond. 2018 kidnapping
Court information from 12/7/18 thru 6/7/19 reference post #26 here:
Found Deceased - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 *Arrest* - #5

10/8/19 Update: 2018 Kidnapping: Next hearing on 2/18/20.

Bringing over from the media thread:
34.547051, -79.031248

خرائط ‪Google

Looks like the correct location of where they found the body
There's a good graphic in the link below that includes the location of Hania's home, where the SUV was found, and where her body was found off of Wiregrass Rd.

NOV 28, 2018
Superintendent: Body found 'believed to be Hania' :: WRAL.com

You're on the right road but the correct body of water is further south. Try watching the video at this link. Once you see the shape of the pond, then it's really easy to identify on Google Maps.

WATCH: Sky 5 over area where Lumberton body found :: WRAL.com

MOO

Last edited:
Bringing over from the media thread.
Let's get this show on the road -- it's time for that ~man~ to sweat it, big time. Grrrrr.
Her poor family -- Christmas time is so sad for families still going through mourning and missing someone they loved dearly and who brought beauty and innocent happiness into their lives. I'm sure their house seems too, too quiet and empty at times.
:(

There's a good graphic in the link below that includes the location of Hania's home, where the SUV was found, and where her body was found off of Wiregrass Rd.

NOV 28, 2018

You're on the right road but the correct body of water is further south. Try watching the video at this link. Once you see the shape of the pond, then it's really easy to identify on Google Maps.

MOO

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

this is it isnt it

NOV 28, 2018

MOO

Thanks for the archive post @PommyMommy.

If I remember correctly -- wasn't it reported that dear Hania was located in a swamp that if not for heavy rain last winter probably would not have existed there?

If I remember correctly -- wasn't it reported that dear Hania was located in a swamp that if not for heavy rain last winter probably would not have existed there?
That explains why it doesnt show up on the map I think Google probably put that pond in the wrong location

Yes, and I just vaguely remember that. Your memory is so much better than mine! But yes, in 4 ft of water. :( MOO

Any updates on the hearing for Hania's case from yesterday?

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-336.gif

Any updates on the hearing for Hania's case from yesterday?

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-336.gif

Thanks for checking @Niner.

I really expected to see something this morning considering how in August his attorney filed a motion for a speedy trial.

The last news I found for McLellan was last October when he was given a 2nd attorney. He was actually on the docket for that week but the Robeson County District Attorney Matthew Scott said there would be no hearing then.

Stay tuned....

One year later, Hania Aguilar murder case proceeds slowly in Robeson County

Nov 27, 2019

Neither Hosford nor Pope nor Robeson County District Attorney Matt Scott responded to requests for interviews as to the status of the case.

The file shows the defense lawyers have requested discovery — copies of all documents and other records and information that outline the case against him. They are entitled to this information to help them prepare McLellan’s case.

Two sealed envelopes are in the file. There is no indication on the exterior of the envelopes of what they contain. They are to be opened only by a judge.

In August, Hosford filed a motion that demands McLellan’ right to a speedy trial as guaranteed under both the North Carolina Constitution and the United States Constitution.

It’s unclear what effect this can have. In 2003, the N.C. Supreme Court ruled 5-2 in a Robeson County case that the state did not violate the speedy-trial rights for a Robeson County murder defendant who waited in jail for four-and-half years for his day in court.

The majority said “the delay was caused by neutral factors,” including a heavy backlog of murder cases.

McLellan’ next court hearing is scheduled for Dec. 9, a year and a day since the thousands of people gathered in the gym at Lumberton High School for Hania’s funeral.

Thanks a bunch Seattle1 for checking for me. I have next up is the 2018 kidnapping charge on 2/18. The 2016 rape case - all I have is the last hearing on 10/21. If you find that one for the next hearing - it would be great!

From my notes:
2016 rape case/Case #18CR0001998
2018 kidnapping #18CR055491

@PommyMommy - I have your name on my notes for court site look up since I can't access it.
Anything new on his cases?

2016 rape case/Case #18CR0001998 - last hearing was 10/7/19
2018 kidnapping /#18CR055491 - next hearing on 2/18/20
Hania / #18CR056670 thru 70 - last hearing was 12/9/19

So just need to rape case & Hania's case.
TIA! :)

@PommyMommy - I have your name on my notes for court site look up since I can't access it.
Anything new on his cases?

2016 rape case/Case #18CR0001998 - last hearing was 10/7/19
2018 kidnapping /#18CR055491 - next hearing on 2/18/20
Hania / #18CR056670 thru 70 - last hearing was 12/9/19

So just need to rape case & Hania's case.
TIA! :)
YWIA! :p

Please note difference in Hania's case numbers from what you have above. MOO

2016 Rape Case
Case Number: 18CRS001998
Defendant Name: MCLELLAN,MICHAEL
County: ROBESON
Court Date: 01/06/2020
Session: AM
Court Room: 002A
Offense Code Description Statute
1104 Felony-FIRST DEGREE FORCIBLE RAPE 14-27.21
2226 Felony-FIRST DEGREE BURGLARY 14-51
1222 Felony-ROBBERY WITH DANGEROUS WEAPON 14-87

Hania's case
Case Number: 18CRS056270 - 18CRS056279
Defendant Name: MCLELLAN,MICHAEL
County: ROBESON
Court Date: 01/06/2020
Session: AM
Court Room: 002A
Offense Code Description Statute 18CRS056270
0935 Felony-FIRST DEGREE MURDER 14-17
Offense Code Description Statute 18CRS056271
1131 Felony-FIRST DEGREE FORCE SEX OFFENSE 14-27.26
Offense Code Description Statute 18CRS056272
1112 Felony-STAT SEX OFF WITH CHILD <= 15 14-27.30(A)
Offense Code Description Statute 18CRS056273
2391 Felony-LARCENY OF MOTOR VEHICLE (F) 14-72(A)
Offense Code Description Statute 18CRS056274
1030 Felony-FELONIOUS RESTRAINT 14-43.3
Offense Code Description Statute 18CRS056275
1023 Felony-ABDUCTION OF CHILDREN 14-41
Offense Code Description Statute 18CRS056276
0962 Felony-CONCL/FAIL REPORT DEATH CHILD 14-401.22(A1)
Offense Code Description Statute 18CRS056277
1104 Felony-FIRST DEGREE FORCIBLE RAPE 14-27.21
Offense Code Description Statute 18CRS056278
1107 Felony-STATUTORY RAPE OF CHILD <= 15 14-27.25(A)
Offense Code Description Statute 18CRS056279
1026 Felony-FIRST DEGREE KIDNAPPING 14-

Calendars / District and Superior Court Query

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member