Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumberton Police Department | Posted 11/09/2018 7:27pm (EST)

Governor Offers Reward in Robeson County
RALEIGH: Today, Governor Roy Cooper announced that the State of North Carolina is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads investigators to the location of Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13 years old.

The Lumberton Police Department and the FBI are investigating the kidnapping of Hania Noelia Aguilar. Hania was outside her home at the Rosewood Mobile Home Park located at 3525 Elizabethtown Road, Lumberton, North Carolina, on November 5, 2018. A witness saw a male subject dressed in all black and wearing a yellow bandana force Hania Noelia Aguilar into a green, 2003 Ford Expedition with South Carolina license plate NWS-984. On November 8, the stolen SUV used in the kidnapping of Hania Noelia Aguilar was found near Quincey Drive in Lumberton.

A special tip line has been established to help find Hania Noelia Aguilar. Call 910-272-5871 if you have information to help investigators with the case.

Investigators are also seeking surveillance video that may be helpful in the case. If you live or own a business on or around Quincey Drive and have a video surveillance camera system, please call the tip line at 910-272-5871 or the Lumberton Police Department at 910-671-3845.

Are you speaking in general or has DNA been retrieved from cig butt on this case? If so, I missed the link! Help, please! TIA

In the video the police have released, the person of interest is smoking a cigarette.

That's what we were discussing. We were hoping that something could identify the person of interest.

If, after watching the surveillance tape, the authorities did collect cigarette butts from that area, as well as in the woods and path behind the home, it's possible that they can retrieve nuclear DNA from them. Particularly pertaining to a match of a certain brand.

I'm sure the authorities have likely searched that area along which the person of interest was walking.

None of the evidence will be released to the public.

Last edited:
snap -- crossing posts!
I still lean towards Hania simply being a young teen who gets a sense of growing up by getting to go start the car/SUV/vehicle in the mornings. Same as it was for me, and my children after me. I'd be willing to even pose that it was a routine thing for Hania to do since turning 13/teenager.

I still ponder the aunt's 'request' for Hania not to do it, though.

(all of this is just MHO)

Regarding the sister's comment that Hania was told not to start the car. Perhaps it was more of a comment like "No, you don't need to today" (because there was no condensation/frost or whatever), not necessarily that she was told "No, I forbid you to." And Hania wanted to anyway.

When I see just how secluded this was and how near a wooded area, it doesn't seem likely it is totally random unless the perp also lived in this mobile home park. But hearing other posters talk about a trail that cuts through the woods--I supposed that makes it more reasonable that it could be totally random.

My only other thought is that maybe this was a random man there to carjack someone or steal a vehicle. He thought this would be easy because the car was already running but felt he needed to take Hania bc she was a witness? I don't know. Just all my own thoughts/questions.

Regarding the sister's comment that Hania was told not to start the car. Perhaps it was more of a comment like "No, you don't need to today" (because there was no condensation/frost or whatever), not necessarily that she was told "No, I forbid you to." And Hania wanted to anyway.

When I see just how secluded this was and how near a wooded area, it doesn't seem likely it is totally random unless the perp also lived in this mobile home park. But hearing other posters talk about a trail that cuts through the woods--I supposed that makes it more reasonable that it could be totally random.

My only other thought is that maybe this was a random man there to carjack someone or steal a vehicle. He thought this would be easy because the car was already running but felt he needed to take Hania bc she was a witness? I don't know. Just all my own thoughts/questions.
I've even thought it could be something like aunt saying, "I'm not ready yet. Don't start the car!" meaning that the aunt didn't want Hania to start the car just yet. The little sister might have interpreted as more firm than it actually was.

Of course, I don't know that to be the situation at all. I'm guessing.

jmo

https://twitter.com/JoshChapinABC11/status/1061078803106140161
Tonight the family of 13 year old #HaniaAguilar came to the prayer group they usually do on Friday. Except they were missing hania. The community is still hoping for her safe return. #ABC11 @FBICharlotte @lumbertonpd

Drm1hfUUUAAh5-B.jpg

Drm1hfgUcAAMWhm.jpg

FBI on Hania's abductor: 'We're coming after you. We're not going to stop'
The FBI had stern words Friday for the person responsible for kidnapping Hania Aguilar, the 13-year-old Lumberton girl, who was last seen being forced into an SUV before school Monday morning.

The person responsible, if they're watching this, we're coming after you.
We're not going to stop.

"Someone knows this man...," Delarocha said Friday. "The public was critical to discovering the SUV. We need you to come through again for us."

"Please don't spread rumors, accusations, innuendos,"Delarocha said Friday. "Stick with the facts. Every time a false lead comes in, it drains resources. It's harmful, and we don't need those types of false reports."

I don’t read too much into the little sister’s comment about the aunt telling Hania not to start the car. It’s sad, but many children are taught by their parents to tell white lies or expand on the truth to protect the family. She might have thought that she needed to protect her aunt. That her sister starting the car was bad and that she didn’t want her Aunt to get in trouble for allowing her to do it.

I’ve seen this many times, while doing disaster recovery work. Especially when the child has been given the role of translator for the adults. The children become very protective of their parents.

I’ve noticed some comments about there being a trail near Hania’s home and want to clarify. It’s not an obvious trail that a lot of strangers would use. It’s a wooded path that goes from the trailer park to the laundromat and grocery store. The only people that use it are the people living in the park and that’s only when they don’t have any other means of transportation. Generally around here you don’t just walk down a path in the woods unless you know where it leads. It’s too dangerous. The danger is not only from criminals, drug addicts or gangs. It’s also about homeowners with guns or guard dogs that will rip you apart.

I’ve lived here for 10 years and shop at that Food Lion a few times each week. I didn’t even realize there was a path there, until I started looking into this case. In general, there are rarely any people walking on the roads around that area. People drive they don’t walk.

Man, our Late Great @Foxfire would have had some good insight here I think.

Anyone here leaning toward an opportunistic crime? If so, Foxy might say he had been out hunting (“there’s a reason for what they do..” what was that saying he used to say, not “there’s a reason for the seasons” (that’s another one he said) but something about there’s a reason for everything they do..

If he just wanted a car and wasn’t a killer he would have dropped Hania off somewhere. :(

Unless she ID’d him in the struggle? Idk.

Anyway the car has been found, just still trying to wrap my head around all of this.

I/we have seen a lot of child abductions, hundreds if not thousands.

How often have we seen something like this?

The window of opportunity — there it is again nagging at me-/was Hania just at the wrong place at the wrong time? Or did he target HER?

I’m reminded of the killer of Jessica Cain and little Laura Smither. Same perp, despite Laura was little and Jessica was older (all these Jessica’s..).

Anyway, the perp, he said something about how he was an opportunistic killer, or someone else wrote about it, looking for article but iirc he said he would strike at any opportunity that arose, iirc—-mall. Etc.

I don’t read too much into the little sister’s comment about the aunt telling Hania not to start the car. It’s sad, but many children are taught by their parents to tell white lies or expand on the truth to protect the family. She might have thought that she needed to protect her aunt. That her sister starting the car was bad and that she didn’t want her Aunt to get in trouble for allowing her to do it.

I’ve seen this many times, while doing disaster recovery work. Especially when the child has been given the role of translator for the adults. The children become very protective of their parents.
I agree. Hania may not have heard her. She also may have misunderstood and heard "start the car" instead of "don't start the car." MOO

MOO...if the perp had been watching her for awhile...I'm wondering if he even realized how young she is. With these most recent pics of her...she could be mistaken as an adult.
She looks like a child to me, but if seen from a distance starting a vehicle, one might assume she is an adult. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member