Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the PC yesterday, the last question asked was, "Do you have any evidence in the car that shows Hania has been in it?" The officer said nothing, he backed up and walked into the building.
Not even words such as we can not discuss this, checking for fingerprints, DNA, nothing more said.

There would be evidence Hania has been in the vehicle though. It's not like it was the abductors vehicle, we KNOW she had been in it. How would he answer that? That's an odd way to phrase the question I guess. I think they were trying to be gentle but it came across odd.

I’m still catching up on all the videos out there but maybe I was freaking out earlier —- perhaps just finding the car in that awful location is alone in itself (without even forensic evaluation results back yet) to assume this is really bad...idk but addressing the suspect? Still haven’t gotten to that yet. Maybe I got way ahead of myself by thinking something really bad was found in the car.

There would have to be trace evidence in the car. At least. Hoping analysis and results can be conclusive and lead to this abductor.

—-

Ok, thinking she is really close to the vehicle now moo.

Marg, you know I love ya. Now take a deep breath, time for a pep talk!

We do not have horrible news here! We do not have much of anything here. Let's look at what we do have.

We have a giant piece of evidence in the vehicle being recovered. They likely have some idea of when it was parked there. They likely have some idea of whether another vehicle was utilized after it was abandoned.

I do not believe they have clear evidence of Hania's fate in the vehicle. I believe if there was that kind of evidence we'd be hearing more and different information.

I also think we'd be seeing a much more intensive search around the vehicle site. They searched but stopped, do you think they would if they thought it was a recovery already? I think they'd figure she was still in the area and keep searching.

We have to remember that some of the differences in how LE handle things comes down to different LE personalities.

Perhaps something in the profile they've developed of this guy is causing them to be more aggressive than in Jayme's. Especially because the aggressiveness started after they found the vehicle. Like that changed the profile of the guy. There are so many possibilities really.

I do not think we can assume it means they know it's a recovery. Remember all the "recoveries" that came home alive?

We don't give up until there's no hope. So, let's "hope" this is another Elizabeth, Jaycee, Shasta....

Okay off my soapbox now! ;)

Last edited:
(I’m so tired, @ca tirbuff is great re: this stuff considering his/her work with UIDs, etc), shh...notfeelinf well and going to this de-stress place, zen sent me a link :heart: )

My answer to your question, it all depends on a lot of things but I have no doubt t this will be a high priority and fast tracked case. Moo.

Morning Margarita.

We would hope any evidence is fasttracked however it often really isn't the case.

We have just learned in Jayme's abduction and murder of her parents none of the forensic evidence sent into the lab has come back yet. Jaymes abduction happened over three weeks ago closing in on a month now.

Even in high profile cases it usually takes around 8 weeks for turn around time in most of them or even longer.

In this case I think it will be good plain old detective work and following up leads that will lead them to the suspect even if forensics arent back.

If Hania hasn't been located we can only hope for a confession once they nab the suspect.

As you know this does not bode well for Hania statistically. When suspects kidnap minor children they are killed shortly after being taken. The number one motive for taking the child is sexual assault.

44 percent are kidnapped..raped and murdered by strangers.

42 percent of the time the kidnapper..rapist and murderer will be an acquaintance of some kind like a neighbor or someone known to the child even casually.

The least likely to kidnap..rape and murder are family members.

I pray this dangerous individual is caught soon and they will find Hania alive.

Jmo

Last edited:
Off topic, sort of. The Sheriff for the Jayme Closs case did a very long interview recently. At about 48 minutes in he discusses the FBI CARD Team and then he mentions "the 13 year old taken in NC" and reveals his team have been in contact with the agency to see if the two cases are at all similar or at all connected. You can see his interview here: DrydenWire

Not sure what that says, if anything, about either case but I found it interesting.

That is interesting since he doesn't outright say they aren't connected. I can't imagine that they would be though.

We've seen cases where a second child was abducted/attempted while a prior one was still being held. Shawn and Ben, Elizabeth and her cousin, Ariel Castro's victims to name a few.

That is interesting since he doesn't outright say they aren't connected. I can't imagine that they would be though.

We've seen cases where a second child was abducted/attempted while a prior one was still being held. Shawn and Ben, Elizabeth and her cousin, Ariel Castro's victims to name a few.

That was my initial thought-- that I don't expect these cases to be connected. But the fact that he revealed that they were looking at it made me stop and rethink both cases. It could be nothing and simply SOP for them to look at it. Perhaps they are simply doing their due diligence and examining every angle. Or perhaps the cases have something in common that we are not aware of (other than both are missing 13 year old girls with active Amber Alerts)? IDK, but I was surprised he revealed that info.

Just for map reference, Abby Patterson left her mom's home on East 9th street and walked towards Inglewood Ave (where someone claims to have seen her get into a car). The area Abby disappeared from is a little over a mile from Lambreth street where the mystery walking man was picked up on video walking towards Hania's mobile home park area. All the map points together are only about 3 miles walking distance: Google Maps

I don't know that Abby's case is related but it is eerie to see the locations so close on a map. When I add the addresses of the 3 deceased women and where they were found I see their cases and Abby's case are all in roughly the same neighborhood: Google Maps

(addresses from this link: FBI offers $30K reward in case of 3 dead in Lumberton :: WRAL.com

I'm not arguing these are related cases, but it is interesting to look at the map. JMO.

Here is Abby's thread (and we discussed the 3 found dead there as well): NC - NC - Abby Patterson, 20, Lumberton, 5 Sept 2017

Local perspective. IMO. I don’t think Hania’s abduction is related to the three women that were found dead. Those cases were drug related and the three women knew each other.

Sadly I think Abby turned back to drugs and likely overdosed somewhere out of town. Or she is living in a drug addicted hell some place. Though abduction is possible, but the MO is totally different.

There is also Sara Graham that went missing from Fairmont in 2015. She left for work one morning and her van was found parked in a field not far from home. NC - NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #1
Sara’s case has more similarities to Hania’s than the other 4, just because she was last seen leaving her house early in the morning and her car was found in a rural area parked off the road.

To correct a post I made last night about the distance from Hania’s house to where the SUV was located is about 8 miles. (It’s 15 minutes, 8 miles). Sorry for the confusion.

Hania’s home is in the Northeast section of Lumberton, about 2 miles east from the center of downtown. Quincey Road is in a rural area that is about 6 miles south of town.

I’m still catching up on all the videos out there but maybe I was freaking out earlier —- perhaps just finding the car in that awful location is alone in itself (without even forensic evaluation results back yet) to assume this is really bad...idk but addressing the suspect? Still haven’t gotten to that yet. Maybe I got way ahead of myself by thinking something really bad was found in the car.

There would have to be trace evidence in the car. At least. Hoping analysis and results can be conclusive and lead to this abductor.

—-

Ok, thinking she is really close to the vehicle now moo.
Have they searched that area? Haven't read everything yet but I thought I saw something about searches.

I'm curious on what everyone thinks... Do you think this is a crime of opportunity? Or someone who knew her morning routine and took advantage of knowing when she would be out there? Or something else?

I was wondering the same thing. He looks like he is on a mission, maybe looking for a victim, IDK. But he found one, so maybe he is local because he is walking not riding in a vehicle or a bike. I think he knows the area, so maybe he has seen kids waiting for buses or rides before.

Have they searched that area? Haven't read everything yet but I thought I saw something about searches.

They did grid searches of the area where the SUV was found. I think it was a mile radius. As search for Hania Aguilar enters 5th day, FBI wants to talk to man seen in surveillance video :: WRAL.com
‘As hundreds of people are actively searching for the missing teen, members of the state's Emergency Management Division conducted grid searches where the vehicle was discovered’

They had dogs searching too. But I don’t think they said what kind of dogs they were.

They did night helicopter searches the day the SUV was found, too. The helicopter search covered at least a 5 mile radius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pama_213