Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigators have asked anyone living in Robeson County to check their property over the weekend for anything unusual or out of place.

————Great idea. What do we think could be on someone’s property?

-tire tracks?
-clothing?
-makeshift camp?
-items stolen out of a shed or moved?

Also how large is the average property in Robeson?

When Heather Elvis went missing in Myrtle Beach they asked all of us with vacant homes that were for sale(in the real estate industry) to go check them and make sure there was nothing out of place or in the home.

Investigators have asked anyone living in Robeson County to check their property over the weekend for anything unusual or out of place.

————Great idea. What do we think could be on someone’s property?

-tire tracks?
-clothing?
-makeshift camp?
-items stolen out of a shed or moved?

Also how large is the average property in Robeson?
Nothing good.

Friday, November 16, 2018 10:53PM

Timeline

Monday, Nov. 5

7 a.m.: A man wearing all black and a yellow bandana forced Hania into a stolen SUV while she was warming up her family's car to go to school

10 a.m.: Authorities issue an Amber Alert for the missing teen

Tuesday, Nov. 6

An FBI agent reads a message from the girl's mother that said, "I just want my daughter back with me. I'm here waiting for you, I love you and only care about you. I don't have anything against whoever did this to you. I just want you back."

Wednesday, Nov. 7

Morning: The FBI offers a $15,000 reward for information leading to Hania's whereabouts

12 p.m.: The FBI released surveillance video of the stolen SUV seen in Lumberton moments after her kidnapping

7:30 p.m.: Lumberton residents hold an emotional vigil for the teen

Thursday, Nov. 8

10 a.m.: Authorities locate the SUV used in the teen's kidnapping

3:30 p.m.: The FBI releases video of a man seen walking near Hania's abduction site

Afternoon: The girl's mother spoke with ABC11, begging the public to help bring her daughter home

Friday, Nov. 9

Morning: Gov. Roy Cooper announced the state would add $5,000 to the FBI's reward for information that helps find Hania, increasing the total reward to $20,000

Evening: Hania's church community gathers and prays for her safe return

Sunday, Nov. 11

Morning: Investigators were searching near the girl's home by Rosewood Mobile Home Park and Quincey Drive

Hania stands 5 feet and weighs 126 pounds. She has long black hair, brown eyes, and braces.

She was last seen wearing a blue shirt with flowers and blue jeans.

Anyone with information about her whereabouts is asked to call the FBI tip line at 910-272-5871.

Monday, Nov. 12

Afternoon:Officials held a news conference about the investigation. There were no major breaks in the case, but FBI agents said evidence found in the recovered SUV has been sent to the federal agency's crime lab in Quantico, Virginia. Authorities continued to ask for the public's help with any scrap of information that may lead to a breakthrough in the case.

Tuesday, Nov. 13
Afternoon: The FBI announced that it increased the reward for information in Hania Aguilar's disappearance from $15,000 to $25,000. With the $5,000 Gov. Roy Cooper promised from the state, that brings the total to $30,000.

Timeline: What we know about the disappearance of Hania Aguilar

That is the first time I have seen the camera footage of the green SUV. It doesn’ appear To be recklessly speeding or trying to escape the area...
This brings to mind, how did he snatch her, secure her so she wouldn't get away and drive off in moments? Her sister said she was screaming and trying to get away, I think there had to be more than one person, a driver and someone to grab her and hold her down.

I don’t understand how no one spotted that green SUV driving around moments after the kidnapping. In this city, so many unsolved murders are piling up. IMO I feel like the police department is not aggressively pursuing any of those. Interesting to me....

This brings to mind, how did he snatch her, secure her so she wouldn't get away and drive off in moments? Her sister said she was screaming and trying to get away, I think there had to be more than one person, a driver and someone to grab her and hold her down.
He may have had a weapon, told her he had a weapon or made threats toward her and/or her family. MOO

When this case was first posted, I felt it would be solved quickly. I'm getting scared this was truly random and a stranger, and it feels those cases are the hardest to solve. I am keeping hope that Hania can be located and returned to her family!

FBI, local law enforcement continue search for Hania Aguilar

The FBI announced on Saturday that they were continuing an active investigation into the case of the kidnapping of Hania Aguilar in front of her family’s home on the morning of Nov. 5. Foot and drone searches will be conducted throughout the area and the SBI K9 unit has assisted in the investigation as well.

Residents of Robeson County have been asked to inspect their own property over the weekend to determine if they see anything unusual or out-of-place. Any potentially suspicious evidence should be reported to local authorities immediately.

With drones, dogs, FBI 'actively' investigating leads in Hania Aguilar case :: WRAL.com

"The Lumberton Police Department, the FBI, and a number of our state, local, and federal law enforcement partners are actively following investigative leads to find Hania Aguilar," the FBi Charlotte Division said Saturday. "Call the tip line number at 910-272-5871 if you have information to #FindHania."

According to officials, drones and a K-9 team are being used in the search for Hania.

Last edited:
It hurts every day when I check in here to see if any progress has been made. I am like everyone else here, praying for answers for Hania’s Mom and family. Maybe there will be a break soon....hoping so much for that.

I’m glad Ed Smart continues to speak out on Hania’s behalf.....that can only help.

Ditto.

I was really impressed with LE and still am with how fast they seemed to be moving and releasing whatever info they could in this case. The only problem now is there seems to be a dead end. I suppose that is typical of how cases go that cannot be solved right away.

Continued prayers for her safe return.

I couldn’t sleep last night trying to remember the “sleep away” Methodist camp I attended as a kid. Today I remembered it was Canp Don Lee near Arapahoe.
Are there any camps like that in Robeson County that someone could be hiding in? I think I may have gone to another Methodist canp near Fayetteville as a kid.

JMO
Ha! I went to Don Lee, too! A great camp with some of the best food I have ever eaten, but it's approx. 170 miles from L'ton.

Camp Rockfish is most likely the one you attended near Fayetteville. Rockfish is in Parkton, NC, and it's about 20 miles from L'ton, and about 15 miles from Fayetteville. Parkton is another teeny town in Robeson County -- pop. is 436 -- rural, small farms.

I've been to Camp Rockfish, too, for a UMYF retreat. Both camps are associated with the United Methodist Church, as you mentioned.

A camp would be a good place to hide -- break into a cabin and have a place to sleep and a bathroom. Camps are usually back in the woods a ways. But you never know when some group might come there for a retreat, or a crew could come to do routine maintenance.
'Tis an interesting idea. Hmmmmm.

Active search involves dogs, drones for kidnapped Lumberton teen Hania Aguilar
The FBI said Saturday that agents are conducting searches on foot and using drones and K-9s as part of the search for Hania Noelia Aguilar. The SBI used a search dog named Bart to help in the search on Saturday.

Officials made a specific plea this week that people stop spreading rumors about the case, which was slowing down the investigation.

When asked about a timeline of events and possible scenarios in finding Aguilar, de la Rocha said "our approach is that she’s alive" and "we have no evidence that indicates otherwise.”

De la Rocha wouldn't comment on what type of evidence was collected and sent for analysis. However, he did say the person seen walking in the area of where Aguilar went missing on video released last week remains unidentified.

He also said "we don’t ever set a time table on our investigations" when asked if there was a point in which the search would be called off.

Lumberton Police Department | 11/17/2018 3:54pm (EST)

The Lumberton Police Department, the FBI, and a number of our state, local, and federal law enforcement partners are actively following investigative leads to find Hania Aguilar.

Foot and drone searches continue as well. Attached are photos of one team of FBI & SBI agents on the ground in Robeson County. SBI K9 Bart also helped look for clues to #FindHania.

The FBI increased the reward to $25,000 for information that leads to the location of Hania or information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for kidnapping Hania. Call the tip line number at 910-272-5871 if you have information to #FindHania.

Investigators ask anyone living in Robeson County to check your own property this weekend for anything unusual or out of place. If you see something that doesn’t belong or is not normal, do not touch anything (you could damage possible evidence) and call the tip line or 911. You know your property best and can most easily determine if something is worth contacting law enforcement to help us #FindHania.

46354723_1913758398661003_7311054456949309440_n.jpg 46409572_1913758415327668_2747376144142565376_n.jpg 46452357_1913758435327666_6055143214292140032_n.jpg 46434218_1913758441994332_2192183146470965248_n.jpg

(O/T, when I read your post I just had a flashback of the Boston Marathon suspect hiding in that boat in someone’s back yard...)
Yes -- good thought. I feel sure there are a lot of outbuildings of all kinds in the rural areas of all of Robeson County and other surrounding counties. Old barns, old tobacco barns -- they aren't very large, tool sheds, smokehouses, etc., etc. And not a lot of crop farming is going on now with winter coming. There are also abandoned houses -- not very good cover, probably condemned, but I'm sure there are some. Hide a vehicle behind a primitive dwelling, and you could stay there for a while at least. Maybe the kidnapper has friends who would be glad to have a young 13 y/o in the house <shiver>.
Local mom & pop grocers or gas stations should be told to BOLO for a stranger coming in for food, water, soft drinks, that kind of thing.
Unless the kidnapper has some kind of plan or deal going in the area, why would he stick around? And how would he be fixed for funds if he is running far from L'ton? He's at risk for being seen with an already-described 13 y/o with him. And how smart is this person?
So frustrating and scary. SMH. Hang in there little Hania. :oops:

Ha! I went to Don Lee, too! A great camp with some of the best food I have ever eaten, but it's approx. 170 miles from L'ton.

Camp Rockfish is most likely the one you attended near Fayetteville. Rockfish is in Parkton, NC, and it's about 20 miles from L'ton, and about 15 miles from Fayetteville. Parkton is another teeny town in Robeson County -- pop. is 436 -- rural, small farms.

I've been to Camp Rockfish, too, for a UMYF retreat. Both camps are associated with the United Methodist Church, as you mentioned.

A camp would be a good place to hide -- break into a cabin and have a place to sleep and a bathroom. Camps are usually back in the woods a ways. But you never know when some group might come there for a retreat, or a crew could come to do routine maintenance.
'Tis an interesting idea. Hmmmmm.

It must have been Rockfish. I remember stopping at a HoJos near Fayetteville on the way.

So is anyone in LE checking on camps? Seems to me it’d be a perfect hideout anytime but in the summer.

Hard to believe no one’s talking...
JMO because I grew up in a small NC town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali